I Thought The "express Umbrella"

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
If thats the case, why have we gone two or three weeks with everyone thinking "Shuttle America" was leaving Hagerstown and now today "Allegheny" announces new service from Hagerstown? Unless the Express people had planned to drop Hagerstown and rethought their idea. Otherwise one Express carrier leaving and another coming in shouldn't even make the news as far as I'm concerned since its all "USAirways Express". Anyone have any insight into this?

Hagerstown

Heres a clip from another news source regarding the change in service. Anyone notice anything wrong, peculiar, odd about this report?

For several months, U.S.Airways has been looking for a new carrier to provide services from Hagerstown Regional Airport to Pittsburgh. Right now Allegheny Airways provides services with flights on Shuttle America. But U.S. Airways announced its consolidating Allegheny Airline operations with Piedmont Airlines, meaning a new expanded service for those traveling from the Hub City to the Steel City.

No wonder no one knows who we are.... which carrier do we want to be today? We need to get someone to get us a strong brand identity and stick with it. Maybe its time to lose ALL of the old names altogether and start new? This would be a great tie in with us joining Star, but I'm afraid unless its in the works, it might be too late for that. Otherwise, just say whatever carrier you feel like in your announcements and no one will know the difference. :p

Back