Iam 142 Final Offer

delldude said:
ok hawk...i'm starting to see your point here......
[post="237176"][/post]​
Like they say; A picture says a thousand words.......

Hawk you are praying it passes because it's your a-z-z, I hope they shove it up there but like umech says I also believe that there are too many people guided by the fear factor. That gun delldude pictured is really pointed at ALL of Labor Nationwide.

I worked with these guys and the old ones want to make me throw up because they are the ones looking out for number one knowing in just a year or two they will be gone and don't care what table scraps are left behind for their younger co-workers. Divide and conquer tactic of Glass in its finest hour.

I only hope against hope it's turned down cold, least corporate America will build on this victory to eliminate the remaining unionized American workers with he help of BK laws written by very rich powerful men who worship the God of gold.

Mechanics don’t need to submit to this insanity! I retired and already on my second job. There ARE better opportunities available to you without the insanity being imposed on you. Working weekend midnight shift with reduced everything, wage, sick pay, holidays, overtime, on and on voting for this crap IMO shows them you approve of their government backed pillaging.

It’s Your Life, Your Pride, Your Self Worth you will be voting on.

repeet said:
Hawk,

I've been sitting here trying to compose a rational reply to the situation, and your post.  I can't.

Let that be our answer. You have just killed this company.
[post="237177"][/post]​

I dont know how it could pass.

You figure nearly 50% should automatically be "NO" votes because by voting yes they are voting away their jobs.

Severance? They should be getting that either way. If not then maybe they should roll a tow bar out to the parking lot along with your rollaway to hold until they give it to you.

I cant believe that anyone under 50, even if they would still have a job would vote YES to a concessionary agreement that guarantees that they will be working for less till 2011 while providing no guarantees that they wont come back for more.

Voting yes provides you no protections against something worse in the future but guarantees that it will never get better.

If they implement something worse you can always strike, at least you can fight back! Even if you dont strike, once they come out of bankruptcy you can get a new contract, if you agree to this you are stuck til 2011!

700UW said:
It is also a 9 year progression now.
[post="237173"][/post]​

So 9 years.. Hmm.. Well thats more than say Southwest but less than Continental? AirTran? America West? Middle of the pack?

I want to know the hidden meaning.. From what I am reading the company will farm out the 757/767 and A330 right. They will farm out 1/2 of the 737 Q's, farm out the LapJoint and Bulkhead Mod and bring the Airbus Check in.

CLT has how many bays in the big hangar, 6? (backed in/nosed in) CLT also has 2 bays in the Line hangar. Am I correct or atleast close? So thats 8 holes.

PIT has 4 slots in Hangars 1-2, 6 slots in hangars 3-4 and 5 slots in hangar 5. Thats a total of 15 slots in PIT..

2 Q's, 2 S checks and 2 C checks lines.. What am I missing.. Sounds like something bigger on the horizon to me.

Also there is a post that 109 inspectors get wacked.. Well that means they drop back to lead or mechanic depending on what they have for time. So that pushes out an additional block of mechanics? What about the drop out from the shops?

justaumechanic said:
So 9 years.. Hmm.. Well thats more than say Southwest but less than Continental? AirTran? America West? Middle of the pack?

I want to know the hidden meaing.. From what I am reading the company will farm out the 757/767 and A330 right. They will farm out 1/2 of the 737 Q's, farm out the LapJoint and Bulkhead Mod and bring the Airbus Check in.

CLT has how many bays in the big hangar, 6? (backed in/nosed in) CLT also has 2 bays in the Line hangar. Am I correct or atleast close? So thats 8 holes.

PIT has 4 slots in Hangars 1-2, 6 slots in hangars 3-4 and 5 slots in hangar 5. Thats a total of 15 slots in PIT..

2 Q's, 2 S checks and 2 C checks lines.. What am I missing.. Sounds like something bigger on the horizon to me.
[post="237192"][/post]​

Why would they bother with a 9 year progression unless they figured that they would be hiring again in the future?

Unless they figure that once they leave none of them would want to come back and those that stayed would end up leaving anyway.

There is no reason to vote yes to destroying the profession.

Bob Owen,

You’re right.

If (God forbid) this passes, it becomes the new baseline for the company to ask for "relief" from.

My fear is that their are enough senior people "just hanging on for a 'few' months before retirement" that they would vote for minimum wage and no benefits just to make it. And that scenario, the company's greatest hope.

Bob Owens said:
There is no reason to vote yes to destroying the profession.
[post="237195"][/post]​
I agree, BUT trust me there are some old timers left that will vote for it whether it kills their brethren or not because they can only see this as "themselves" and not a profession. Back in the strike of 92 I witnessed first hand some of this sickening mentality and it was exclusively the old timers who had that mind set. So much for age makes wisdom when in reality it makes cowards out of old men, some anyway.

many in pit just pee-ing their pants at the prospect of no severance and unemployment...
it will pass....... :angry:

delldude said:
many in pit just pee-ing their pants at the prospect of no severance and unemployment...
it will pass....... :angry:
[post="237203"][/post]​

Well couldnt unemployment make the arguement that since you voted for terminating your employment with severence that in fact you voluntarily left the company therefore you are not entitled to unemployment?

Hawk said:
You commented in another thread about the fleet reduction. The laid off fleet are from our smaller stations. They are unlikely to relocate to PHL, DCA, CLT and the larger stations where we have all the openings; so utility guys will be able to get them.

While UC may not be that much lower than starting pay, there are no medical benefits or DC plan contributions on unemployment. It is better to have a job when looking for a job than not to have one.

If the IAM rejects this proposal, we will implement the 1113c proposal made in October. It is much worse. Every IAM member should be aware of this alternative. You currently have no contract. The contract was abrogated. A yes vote will ensure a contract for your group.
[post="237166"][/post]​
Let's see here....... 15.7% pay cut, farm out LOADS of jobs, NO PENSION.......... JUST VOTE NO !!!!!! Whats NOT to understand !!!! ;) B)

Four years at my new job blows away what 20 years would be getting me at UAIR. UN-BELIEVABLE!!! Puppets / puppies, hang your heads in shame. What's the Union advantage - lower wages , crap working conditions, no job at all! Yea your gonna hear it. The UAIR fiasco is black eye for all labor in this country, union, non-union, blue collar, white collar, and our children's future. This is victory for the elitists, defeat for the rest of us. I knew how to negotiate with UAIR, I walked away and offered my services to the competition, not another airline either. My new company is definately reaping the rewards from the half of cost air travel. People spend more money on other products now that air travel costs squat! If the unions and company listened to younger seniority workers needs and ideas years ago, they would be thriving today. Instead, they protected the old guard ways and now they can eat it!

Bob Owens said:
Well couldnt unemployment make the arguement that since you voted for terminating your employment with severence that in fact you voluntarily left the company therefore you are not entitled to unemployment?
[post="237206"][/post]​
Your reaching on this one Bob, theres nothing you can do or say from stopping this T/A from being ratified and IMO it will pass. Let it go... move on with your life.

Tug,

Bob is a disgruntled AA mechanic who rears his head when things are bad at other airlines, urges everyone not to take concessions so AA will survive.

He was the ST at the TWU JFK Local till removed because he is an AMFA Supporter.

700UW said:
Company will outsource all but line maintenance on:
767, 757 and A330.

50% of Q-Checks on 737 to be outsourced, and all lap joint inspection repairs to be outsourced.
[post="237155"][/post]​

I thought you were gonna zipper up until monday?

Hawk said:
It is better to have a job when looking for a job than not to have one.

[post="237166"][/post]​

That quote sure sounds familiar heard that a lot on here hmmmm

Hawk said:
If the IAM rejects this proposal, we will implement the 1113c proposal made in October. It is much worse.

[post="237166"][/post]​

and that "worse" comment to from the same source

Are you a mouthpiece for him or what?

Back