IAM Fleet Service topic (Mini Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rattales,
NO say it ain't soo.. THERES no room in the redneck inn...

this sliding down the bid sheet has GOT TO STOP... WE DON'T HAVE THE WELCOME SIGN UP.. its all an illusion..

UA ramper call to clt = "hey this vido in ord what does 43 yrs get me on the ramp..

clt = "Your own office"

I say GO TO RDU >.. let pj feel some pains :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are funny oman. It seems always 1 step forward and 2 steps back. 19+ years still can't get a day shift. :blink: :shock: :blink: You, joedirt, cltrat, rattales, roabilly, agent v, redeye, are all welcome. As long as you BYOB :lol:

if you guys on the EAST don't vote this in , they you can say hello to my little friend 60 day rule ..... that's right , kiss your entire airline career good bye , and it won't be coming back if you get cut ....

Again, the east coast corridor does not overlap in the UA pairing. No bumpin' rights in our contract. 60 day rule wont effect me! There still needs to be an angle "we" can use to our advantage. No one on this blog 'sept a few are making concrete suggestions as to how we can make this situation work for "us".

Suggesting a circular firing squad to see who will take what is left is not what I would call constructive!

Black Magic,

Currently UA is the 3rd biggest airline in PHX with maybe 30-40 flights a day. They fly boeing and airbus into PHX now with no RJ's. Hub status if we merged however would be gone. Less than 15 maybe 20 years would have to transfer to save job.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

actually all the weakness is coming from basically one station. Bottom line.

There is alot of solidarity and has been. The masses aren't dumb, they are carefully reviewing both sides of the information and finding out that while Canale, MW, PF are trying to stir fear, they are not answering questions. OTOH, our information is 'rooting out' the treason against the masses and preparing the masses for a merger. Canale should be preparing the masses for a merger like he is preparing the United masses. Click over to 141 website and you will see how Canale has the back of the United workers but he doesn't want to talk about mergers with you because he knows he is screwing you with a 10 foot pole. Don't you folks understand this?

Two things
1. If this vote was on this past Monday it would have been close. This contract produced the cheap whore effect. The cheap whore effect lacks substance and durational ability and any fascination with it is usually in the 'quicky mode'. Same with this contract. The fascination is now over and its effect is not losing steam. Canale knows this that is why he is getting the negotiations team members to tell the westies lies like they will be forced into the east contract [where's that written?] and telling the east that Hemenway won't be back till forever. Both lies and unfounded.

2. We must prepare for a merger. Preparing for a merger doesnt mean pushing the 'stupid button' and voting yes on a dreadfully wicked contract that is actually worse than our first two bankruptcy contracts. Preparing for a merger means hold steady and don't wobble or you will fall and be hosed over for years.

More later....gotta bolt now.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

This is patently wrong , I know our west side , and I know in general that our union out here is pretty dang weak , this is to be expected in right to work states where people equate union to mafia …. Cause their stupid ….

Secondly I also know that you on the east side are nowhere near as strong union wise as you used to be say 15 or 20 years ago … when your people are complaining about the PM guys who look like gangbangers and take no interest in the job it shows to me that 1, you no longer know your PM crew, which on average is usually not senior and 2 the people who are hiring on over there are just here for the “benefits†and probably don’t care much about the union .

It’s the same here in PHX , on average . …

2. We must prepare for a merger. Preparing for a merger doesnt mean pushing the 'stupid button' and voting yes on a dreadfully wicked contract that is actually worse than our first two bankruptcy contracts. Preparing for a merger means hold steady and don't wobble or you will fall and be hosed over for years.

Personally I think the stupid button is the do nothing button … look at where we are NOW , how long have we been merged for ? I see absolutely no reason this can’t continue on forever … also if the COC was so dang important the company would have wrapped all of this up long ago when we first tired to acquire delta .

I'm still waiting for you to share with us all how the west can be forced into the east contract? Please enlighten us because I'm coming out with a real nice flyer that shows MR, RR that they are full of crap. Randy Canale doesn't have the authority to force the west into the east contract and you know that. Nobody is going to be forcing anything except Randy out of office....soon enough.

In the meantime, this nasty deal needs to be shelved since the merger is going to happen. Fleet has to start preparing for that as opposed to locking themselves in till 2016. No way in hell will you be able to convince anyone that United/American will be friendly enough to open up this rag contract. It's the best contract that management has ever seen and United's own Board member Randy Canale wants to deliver it to them on a silver platter. Also, try convincing anyone that you're idea that United will be a 'nice fella' and allow US AIRWAYS fleet to share in its profit sharing. Good luck with that one my friend. But please answer my question I posed to you so this discussion about forcing the west into the east contract can be furthered. And does use rhetoric, kindly cite documents like I will.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Dear Timmy, I wish I could Sugar. Truth is, I don't know the laws pertaining to this. I have googled and googled, and just come up with nothing! I've read all kind of things but nothing that upholds your argument or mine! (I would happily tell you if I thought you were right. I would have no problem telling big buff men, like you, if I was wrong. Despite what you all think, sometimes, I too, make mistakes!) LPP's don't cover this exact situation. Can't find anything! I wanted to call the NMB and pick the brilliant minds there, but again, my flights were a mess and I just didn't find the time. So, we are both just guessing at what's going to happen! I love to gamble, but I don't ever bet what I can't afford to lose. My job and those of my brothers and sisters are to important to me to risk. I DO believe the COMPANY will impose the east contract on us and I have some thoughts on why. The company wants this over so they can move on. The east contract saves them a lot of money. They were required to have merger talks with us. They followed through with this for 2 years! They wanted the 2 year extension. Honey, that is very important to them. They wanted to be able to have their costs figured for future meger information. They did not want to have the unknows of sec 6 for the east contract next year. Sec 6 negotiations would take another 2 to 3 years. This is our second TA vote. The company's done. They have fulfilled their part. If we vote this down, they will keep their word and we will have the east contract. They will say they did their best to reach a merger contract and Fleet wouldn't agree. They will pull the old, we tried our best for two years and Fleet was unreasonable. They will say we went into meadiation and everything, got a TA and again Fleet voted it down. They'll say, What else could we do? We tried. Then they will be giddy with excitment as they hold their swords high swinging madly at the field stations. I simply can't bare the thought of that Timmy!

I'm going to hold back any Randy comments because I just don't know the guy. He hasn't offended me. I think he's made a good effort. Don't like everything I have heard about him. Then again Honey, I don't like everything I've heard about you, but somehow deep inside I still love ya! The other guy, I can't even remember his name! I know nothing at all about him. I'll make an educated choice at soon point soon as to who I vote for, but for now I'm just enjoying the thought of the new found money that will be coming my way! TA first, then I'll think about the next deal. Remember Honey, tomorrow's another day!

Now Sweetie, on to UA, or AA. Please don't think that I'd ever say either one of those big bruts of an airline would be nice fellas! I don't trust any of those big corporate types, I much prefer big rampers! I think the CIC didn't work last time, just delayed everything and cost us way too much money! Let's let the A/M LPP's work for us. We will be the controlling carrier, Dougie won't stand for anything less! I do worry about the future, but I think this gives us the best option, voting yes, to be ready for what's coming!

Therefore Timmy Darling, I will vote yes, for our field stations and our money! I need more shoes! Can't have enough of those! Maybe we can go shopping when this whole thing is over! We would have a lovely time, I promise! I love Chicago!

Again, the east coast corridor does not overlap in the UA pairing. No bumpin' rights in our contract. 60 day rule wont effect me! There still needs to be an angle "we" can use to our advantage. No one on this blog 'sept a few are making concrete suggestions as to how we can make this situation work for "us".

Suggesting a circular firing squad to see who will take what is left is not what I would call constructive!

It might not affect YOU , but if O man is wrong and your provision can still be enacted , it could affect some of you ,, maybe not a lot … but who knows …

you want to know a concrete suggestion to make this work ?

vote yes ,we FINALLY merge and then we take another swing at a new TA ...

you vote NO , we don't merge , we go into the next one in a mess with even more DIVERGENT interests , we spend YEARS fighting amoungst our selves unable to come to a reasonable agreement .... you say united has a better contract ? then we will have three teirs ...

the richs guys on top (united)

the middle guys ( you with your BK contract )

and the poor (the west )

can you tell me how easy it will be to get all of these groups to agree on ONE ta ?

for us on the bottom , you say TA , i say yes ... for you on the middle it will take somewhat more to make you vote yes , for the guys on the top it will take even MORE ... each side will be turned against one another in talks .....this is going to end up as one horrible horrible mess the likes of which i'm not sure the avation world has ever seen before , or has it ?

old timers , has this ever happened with three fleet's with our wage scales ,being thrown together to fight out a TA ?

Dear Timmy, I wish I could Sugar. Truth is, I don't know the laws pertaining to this. I have googled and googled, and just come up with nothing! I've read all kind of things but nothing that upholds your argument or mine!

U. R. B.etween F.unny and F.allacious ( containing a fallacy; logically unsound )

Article XIII of your own bylaws.......ask that someone to read it to you at bedtime

Article 7, 60 day rule is gone. Those poor unfortunates who were furloughed have 6 months to come back after we all vote this in. They lose nothing. Those who are back as HP lose nothing. I can't wait for those bigs guys to come back!

The new TA if passed will allow all previous furlough fleet service agents to come back with full seniority for pay and biding?

U. R. B.etween F.unny and F.allacious ( containing a fallacy; logically unsound )

Article XIII of your own bylaws.......ask that someone to read it to you at bedtime

Mikey, Are you saying you want to be that special someone? Wink Wink ... Sugar, I'll read it tonight and get back to you! Thanks!

Contract Update: LAS and CLT committees

Item 1: LAS union reps NG and JM went around explaingin things about the contract but they also had the LAS Hub-director, SR. ground mgr., and a rep from human resources walking around with them. NG told LAS that Mike Fairbanks approved of the contract but didn't want to sign it. This is a bold face lie. Fairbanks was clear to CLT today and IMO I think he now needs to put out a letter since Randy Canale and friends are purposely polluting Mike's name.

Also NG also told LAS that the District is just going to throw the west into the east contract if this is voted down. This is incorrect as the District just can't throw the west into the east contract by bylaw. Neither would they since it would be the most destructive thing to do that labor has ever known. Think about it LAS, even without knowing the bylaws, Canale isn't that destructive even if he could. But Canale's position is clear about trying to stir up fear. They also said the company wouldn't be back to the table. That's what they said last time also. All these guys do is stir inaccuracies. The only one that won't be back is Randy Canale since we already positioned ourselves to eliminate him in June.

OTOH, The CLT committee went around without management.

The LAS Union reps are so tight with management and although LAS already knew that, today LAS is starting to do the math on this rag and how they will be moreso hosed over.

item 2: I put out a new informational piece today that I believe all will find very interesting no matter if you vote yes or no. It's worth you looking at it.
2003 bankrupt vs This agreement brought to you by United Airlines

Contract update page

regards,
Tim Nelson
email address: [email protected]

Tim I would like a link to that bylaw info. I have very much wondered how it can be done myself.
So thanks in advance

It might not affect YOU , but if O man is wrong and your provision can still be enacted , it could affect some of you ,, maybe not a lot … but who knows …

you want to know a concrete suggestion to make this work ?

vote yes ,we FINALLY merge and then we take another swing at a new TA ...

you vote NO , we don't merge , we go into the next one in a mess with even more DIVERGENT interests , we spend YEARS fighting amoungst our selves unable to come to a reasonable agreement .... you say united has a better contract ? then we will have three teirs ...

Concrete suggestions not concrete shoes. I don't want to sink when thrown into your world. I can live on what I make. I can wait it out for the guys with guns to leave before I run across the room. I have been on the furlough road already and I know how to survive. Because of this I know what will happen. Those of you who don't know how to maneuver through this minefield better learn how to follow the ones with the map. Or, you can go far ahead of us without a map and we will find out where the mines we didn't know are!

The new TA if passed will allow all previous furlough fleet service agents to come back with full seniority for pay and biding?
It sure reads that way to me! Now I do think though, that they have to return where they were furloughed from, or, I forgot what they called it, a city they picked if their city closed.

UhOO sez,
"They will say they did their best to reach a merger contract and Fleet wouldn't agree"

there you have it guys from one of your union officers . its no longer a TRANSITION AGREEMENT but NOW its a MERGER AGREEMENT.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM something really sounds fishy there. which merger are we agreeing with here.. the next one maybe..

keep babbling uhoo your starting to slip..........

john john,
"The new TA if passed will allow all previous furlough fleet service agents to come back with full seniority for pay and biding?"

it used to say that but Randy gave up more concessions to have the words Prior to OEI inserted in there so after ratification .. it becomes useless

language .. Another good job on randy's part to let uncle AL add something that is WORTHLESS and then still tell randy to bend over and give something up

"It sure reads that way to me! Now I do think though, that they have to return where they were furloughed from, or, I forgot what they called it, a city they picked if their city closed."

If your were a US fleet agent you would know that. but you have to use the iam web site to read our contract its understandable you don't know all the verbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back