IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone wonder why they didn't get a real TA passed along time ago?
Would a TA with the following terms pass?

1. West transitioned to the east with these amendments:
a. West field stations keep Geo pay
b. West stations use TWU scope language
c. 5% across the board pay raise. 2.6% annual raise
d. West keeps 3%match 401K( LCC does not contribute to
pension)
2. East amended as follows:
a. Class II stations become class I stations.
b. 5% across the board pay raise 2.6% annual raise
c. CIC remains as is
d. no extension to amendable date

This seems pretty fair to me. What do you folks think? Does the fact
that this never happened shed any light on the value of the CIC?
Does it shed any light on the value of the DEC 31st amendable date?

And most of all does it shed any light on the real value of the current TA?

Thanks BF

Ok Bagdope let me answer those questions. Yes it would
pass and everyone would be happy...oh wait with two
exceptions The union and the LLC. They would never
go for that. But what I say if these are non traditional
negotiations what about a non traditional solution?

PS the union would get their 30 million west dues
which who knows how much of that has been
borrowed on by now. (700 you may rebut
this if you like)

Can anyone help me out, ive been reading the contract over and over, im a westie, and i want a honest answer!!!

Under what power, what law etc. does the iam/Canale have the powers/right's to put us under the east contract, if its a no vote?

Anyone out there can help me out, i want a honest answer please, you can post it here or send me a private message.

He can't. If he could, he would have long ago. The company would make money if west was under the east contract. West would lose all of their high priced benefits, which means the company would be paying a lesser amount to fund those benefits. Less vacation, no double time, less sick days, less holidays. So if he could have he would have because that would make him look good to the company.

Does anyone wonder why they didn't get a real TA passed along time ago?
Would a TA with the following terms pass?

1. West transitioned to the east with these amendments:
a. West field stations keep Geo pay
b. West stations use TWU scope language
c. 5% across the board pay raise. 2.6% annual raise
d. West keeps 3%match 401K( LCC does not contribute to
pension)
2. East amended as follows:
a. Class II stations become class I stations.
b. 5% across the board pay raise 2.6% annual raise
c. CIC remains as is
d. no extension to amendable date

This seems pretty fair to me. What do you folks think? Does the fact
that this never happened shed any light on the value of the CIC?
Does it shed any light on the value of the DEC 31st amendable date?

And most of all does it shed any light on the real value of the current TA?

Thanks BF

Put DOH seniority in there and it would be a sure bet!

oncearound,

P.REZ you joined them too? Still trying for that easy in, with IAM? Like you guys were looking for a few years ago? Transparent. The good old days with your TWU buddies, right? I hope people haven't forgotten what you guys did to us!

What do you think I did to you? I organized to get TWU in at AWA. I wanted to keep TWU in as a union instead of IAM. US Airways had 1700 employees on furlough. Nobody from the east was knocking at the TWU's doors saying we want you. The TWU f**ked the IAM members at TWA when AA bought them. The company admitted to me that they were hoping that there would be a vote so that we may be decertified and have NO union. With NO union there would have been massive layoffs and no raises. And if you look at the LM report of IAM you will see the payments of around $20,000 a month ($500,000 total) to the TWU. That was the payment to the TWU for backing out and not pursuing an election.

So oncearound, let me guess, you've never had a personal conversation with me and you are going by what you heard or think. Come talk to me and I have no problem discussing any issues. Or you can hide behind a name and post bulls##t about me.

P. REZ

District Force,

Most people I talk to in PHX including myself are yes votes but the consensus is it is a POS contract. You stated that the district had no plans to roll the west into the east contract if this TA is voted down. First, I believe we should have to vote as west employees to accept the east BK contract. Second, my vote would be a big NO on that POS BK contract.

I am disturbed that you are resorting to threatening LAS and some of their leadership for having alterior motives. Let the east and west vote on what is best for them and their families and don't resort to scare tactics.

I am hoping that if you are a leader in the IAM that you realize the importance of stating facts and negotiating a new TA if this is voted down?

Respectfully,

P. REZ

Something I talked with our NC guy with the other day sheds some light on why many here dont think this is a fair deal.
Well here is what you need to remember. This is not a cost neautral deal in a sense.
It has many elements but if you understand that by giving the west a large raise as well as bringing in the class 2 into one scale it actually is and increase.
What gets lost here is the fact that the hubs and class 1 have already been at the higher wages for sometime. That is again why we seem to have such a differing opinion on how this needs to be resolved. Just think if all of our stations had been at these wages for the last 4 years there would never have been a second vote.
So I understand the hubs problems with this deal but as I have said before its time to move on and get everybody under one deal and become a stronger group.
I do also believe that a merger should only make us stonger and be a gain in the long term.

"Well here is what you need to remember. This is not a cost neautral deal in a sense."

-So,what? Are executive or Iam pay cost neutral? Will your coming dues increase be cost neutral(note proper spelling) to you?

"What gets lost here is the fact that the hubs and class 1 have already been at the higher wages for sometime."

-Again, so what? The douchebags at the IAM used the same BK scare tactics they are using now to impose a substandard contract on fleet service. I guarantee you that the same idiots who voted themselves into our current mess are pushing to approve this current reaming.

"So I understand the hubs problems with this deal but as I have said before its time to move on and get everybody under one deal and become a stronger group."

-WTF???!!!!! Have you overdosed on Kool Canale Aid?

"I do also believe that a merger should only make us stonger and be a gain in the long term"

-Inane, irrelevant.

In sifting through the past ten pages or so, what gets me the most is the political side of it that people speculate on. This T.A. should be about each and every 7700 fleet service employee that it will affect, not whose gain at the top of the food chain it will affect. That is the unfortunate sidenote about this whole thing... the fact that someone else's political agenda has likely driven the terms of the T.A. SAD!

Bottom line, WE as a whole (East/West) are going to have to live by whatever transpires MAY 8. If it gets voted down, WE will live by it. If it gets voted in, WE will have to live by it. Does it suck either way, YES, it does.

Can someone confirm whether or not Delaney resigned from his union position and the election today? Here is a link I saw early stating he quit the union.

LINK TO WEBSITE STATING DELANEY HAS QUIT

It is amazing how you IAM lackies stretch the truth and twist things around. I would think that he resigned his post because Canale is interpreting the bylaws to his advantage. I think he is still running for Canale's job in June which will be a landslide in Delaney's favor. The Canale IAM and all his lackies should be investigated for the crooked ways they have been handling things since they started representing Fleet Service. Keep getting us inferior wages and benefits and then have the ba!!s to raise your dues over and over and over. We should be sueing them for misrepresentation. We have a contract with them to look out for the best interests of the membership and they have failed miserably. No matter what the outcome of this vote we need to get rid of these crooks. If you think that the IAM is going to represent you any better if this POS is voted in and comes up for renewal your in for a big surprise. This union is crooked all the way up to the top. The higher officials know what Canale is doing and they let it happen, crooked as he is. This is not a union but an organization of company backed thieves raping their membership. You will never get anything but sucka$$ contracts because alot of you are weak and submissive.

Our motto should be "Bend over and shove it deep because we are all a bunch of (Canale) sheep"
I'll probably get kicked off but I'm so tired of the blind on this forum.

Isn't what Randy is doing, such as "invalidating" nominations and grossly misinterpreting the bylaws (assuming the accusations are true and factual) illegal? Maybe the DOL needs to get involved.
Randy is the purest form of a politician one can be. Him and everyone with him would do anything they could to keep from going back on the ramp. Randy's action of screwing over Delaney will backfire on him. He fully expected Rich to keep his $120,000 job and screw the new direction but Rich is a man of character and would give up $120,000 to have the chance to represent workers the way they are suppose to be represented.

Rich and the new direction could have filed a DOL charge against this blatant violation by this criminal who has bent over workers for 12 years at United and US AIRWAYS but Rich and the new direction are focused and don't want to delay the June vote.

I can speak for ORD. Rich would have received over 2,000 votes to Randy's 300 here but with Rich having a big set of nuts to walk away from his high paying job to go back on the ramp, I personally think Rich will now get over 4,000 votes and Randy only about 10 from ORD. It wasn't even a difficult decision even though Rich has a family and children in college but the ramp is where he's going until he sends Randy packing.

Randy Canale is making all the wrong moves and I think more and more workers see him for what he is. A desperate man does desperate things.

We are coming for Randy......soon enough.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back