IAM Paycuts

Gatemech,

You are confusing me. I thought you said you will vote no on anything put in front you? You also said that the problem of threatening a strike is that nobody wins and so on. Is that mean there's a chance you might vote yes after all?

ual747mech,

By walking/striking or whatever you want to call it you give up some rights. I won't do anything that will stop operations. People may think any no vote will do that. Fine. I will let UAL close the doors on me. With only wage & benefit cuts as the business plan I just don't see this airline ever coming back.

Never a yes vote.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/17/2003 9:49:28 PM gatemech wrote:

ual747mech,

By walking/striking or whatever you want to call it you give up some rights. I won't do anything that will stop operations. People may think any no vote will do that. Fine. I will let UAL close the doors on me. With only wage & benefit cuts as the business plan I just don't see this airline ever coming back.

Never a yes vote.

----------------
[/blockquote]
RIGHT ON Gatemech!!!!!! I'm with you. never a yes vote! I can always find a job somewhere. We fought hard for our wage & bennies only to get them for a little while and then have them jerked out from under us.

VOTE NO!!!

GO AMFA!

There isn't a scheduled vote. But "if" we get a chance it's NOOOOOOO! Right now it just BOHICA, because the lawyers and the judge control our destiny. I'd like to know why bonus's are being paid to management when the rest of us have to take it in the shorts?

ual06,looks like there will be a vote.
January 16, 2002

To District 141-M Membership at United Airlines

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Discussions between your District 141-M negotiating committee and United Airlines continued this week in Chicago, IL.

United made clear their intention to pursue changes to our scope language, as previously indicated by their Term Sheet presented on December 13, 2002. These desired changes are in addition to the 14% pay cuts already imposed by the bankruptcy court.

United has also indicated that if we are unable to reach a consensual agreement concerning these issues, they would pursue the desired changes through the bankruptcy court. There is certainly a risk for greater impact on the membership if changes are made through a court ordered abrogation of our contract rather than a negotiated resolution.

It is the goal of your committee in these discussions to minimize the impact contract changes would have on the membership, while also providing United with enough latitude to ensure the airline’s survival.

Please keep in mind that any contract modifications that the negotiating committee may agree with are subject to membership ratification.

Discussions are scheduled to resume next week. The membership will continue to be kept advised as the discussions progress.

Sincerely and fraternally,

Scotty Ford
President and General Chairman
IAM District 141-M

When people used to ask me how United got into such a mess, I would say with a sigh "it's a long, complicated story" and ask them if they have a few hours. Now I just tell them to read these forums.

I'm not trying to start a controversy. I think Amfa has enough cards. If I was in their shoes I don't think it's a good idea to ask for a representational vote right now.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/17/2003 10:20:34 PM Borescope wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/17/2003 9:49:28 PM gatemech wrote:

ual747mech,

Never a yes vote.

----------------
[/blockquote]
RIGHT ON Gatemech!!!!!! I'm with you. never a yes vote! I can always find a job somewhere. We fought hard for our wage & bennies only to get them for a little while and then have them jerked out from under us.

VOTE NO!!!

GO AMFA!

----------------
[/blockquote]

Lol. You guyz crack me up. First of all I'm not encouraging you guyz to vote yes because we don't even know what is the negotiated changes to our contract yet, if the union bring us back one to vote on. But to say never vote yes is foolish. Look at the what happened to the previous vote. We went from 7% to 14% paycut. Whether the previous vote would've mattered or not it shows the kind of mentallity the majority has, which you guyz obviously agree with, and that is professionally suicidal.

I hope you guyz know this is different from negotiating a new contract with a healthy company. We are negotiating to minimize the changes of our contract with a bankrupt company. I hope you guyz know that there is nothing to stop concession, all we can do is try to minimize it and everytime you resist its just going to get worst. Lets work smart, don't be foolish.

Like I said, I would rather take a negotiated changes to our contract than having the judge decide but management has be fair.

Ask yourself this. Why isn't Amfa coming righ now? It's obvious they don't want to come in and get in the middle of this mess we're in.

----------------
On 1/18/2003 12:36:43 PM kcabpilot wrote:

Secondly, how about the Pilots? They did vote YES and went from 15% to 29% regardless.

Come on bud, I know you know the answer to that one. Go back and read previous informations that was given to us if you don't. That's the problem you guyz don't read.

BTW they went from 18% not 15%!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 11:57:37 AM ual747mech wrote:

Lol. You guyz crack me up...

But to say never vote yes is foolish. Look at the what happened to the previous vote. We went from 7% to 14% paycut.

I hope you guyz know that there is nothing to stop concession, all we can do is try to minimize it and everytime you resist its just going to get worst.

----------------
[/blockquote]

ual747mech:

First of all, we went from 7% to 14% because they never wanted 7%. In fact, they don't plan on stopping at 14%. The latest figure being espoused by the all knowing analysts is $4B/yr - which over 6 years would total $24 billion dollars in concessions. In fact, that's the number that Carty just used at American - $4 billion per year.

Secondly, how about the Pilots? They did vote YES and went from 15% to 29% regardless. So what's your point?

Thirdly, have the management cuts occurred in your area? Looks like a reshuffled deck, doesn't it.

Finally, it's "worse" as in "it's just going to get worse"

not "worst"

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 12:36:43 PM kcabpilot wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 11:57:37 AM ual747mech wrote:

Lol. You guyz crack me up...

But to say never vote yes is foolish. Look at the what happened to the previous vote. We went from 7% to 14% paycut.

I hope you guyz know that there is nothing to stop concession, all we can do is try to minimize it and everytime you resist its just going to get worst.

----------------
[/blockquote]

ual747mech:

First of all, we went from 7% to 14% because they never wanted 7%. In fact, they don't plan on stopping at 14%. The latest figure being espoused by the all knowing analysts is $4B/yr - which over 6 years would total $24 billion dollars in concessions. In fact, that's the number that Carty just used at American - $4 billion per year.

Secondly, how about the Pilots? They did vote YES and went from 15% to 29% regardless. So what's your point?

Thirdly, have the management cuts occurred in your area? Looks like a reshuffled deck, doesn't it.

Finally, it's "worse" as in "it's just going to get worse"

not "worst"

----------------
[/blockquote]

Hey thx for being my spellchecker but you got the idea. I don't care what everybody else gives up, I just want to protect what is mine. Do you have a solution how to stop concession? Didn't you say to let the judge decide? What happened?

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT color=#000000][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"][/SPAN](I know I’ve forgotten a few cliché’s so email them to me at ‘ [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][A href="mailto:[email protected]"][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3][email protected][/FONT][/A][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3] ‘ [/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3]and I’ll update this post at a later date.)[/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"]1) Pre – PEB, Post-PEB, PRE-PEBII[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“They are hiding money!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“They are lying to US!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“They using 9/11 as an excuse to screw US!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Management got theirs, I want MINE!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Pilots got theirs, I want MINE!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“No Concessions!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Weld them’ Shut!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Full Pay Till the Last Day!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I never vote[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“YES[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“ on the first contract!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I will never vote[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“YES[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“ for Concessions!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I can make more as an auto mechanic!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“The US Government will ‘NEVER’ let UAL go to Bankruptcy!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Let the ‘Judge Decide’!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3]2) Post – PEBII (Pre ATSB):[/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“They are hiding money!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“They are lying to US!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“They using 9/11 as an excuse to screw US!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Management got theirs, I will to keep what the PEB gave ME!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Pilots got theirs, [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"]I will to keep what the PEB gave ME!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“No Concessions!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Full Pay Till the Last Day!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I never vote[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“YES[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“ on the first contract!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I will never vote[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“YES[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“ for Concessions!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I can make more as an auto mechanic!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“The US Government will ‘NEVER’ let UAL go to Bankruptcy!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Let the ‘Judge Decide’, he “CAN’Tâ€￾ take away what the PEB gave us!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3]3) Bankruptcy (Chapter 11) :[/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"][/SPAN]“They are lying to US!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Management got theirs, I will to keep what the PEB gave ME!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Pilots got theirs, [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #0b3053; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"]I will to keep what the PEB gave ME!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“No Concessions!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Full Pay Till the Last Day!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I will never vote[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“YES[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“ for Concessions!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I can make more as an auto mechanic!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Let the ‘Judge Decide’, he “CAN’Tâ€￾ take away what the PEB gave us!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3]4) Judge Ruling :[/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I thought the Judge would have given us less???â€￾[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3]5) Pre-Chap11 Concessionary Contract (Not Yet Presented):[/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I will vote ‘NO’!!![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“I will never vote[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“YES[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“ for Concessions!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“Full Pay Till the Last Day!!![SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]“[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3]“NO WHEREâ€￾ in this process did you ‘EVER’ consider that we were ‘OWNERS’!!![FONT face=Tahoma size=2] [BR][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3]“NO WHEREâ€￾ in this process did you ‘EVER’ consider that you had over $100,000 in stock ownership!!![FONT face=Tahoma size=2][img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif'] [/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000][o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#ff3333 size=4][STRONG]“Let The Judge Decide!!!â€￾[BR][/STRONG][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3][BR][STRONG]He did, you lost! [BR][/STRONG][/FONT][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3][BR]Given your track record on advice, I think I will continue to think for myself.[/FONT][BR][/P]

ual747mech,

Just remember that when they get concessions they will want more. It's never enough. Management will never take the hit we will. United doesn't want to pay for maintenance. Some of it they will have to deal with. Most they can get rid of. Whether we agree to what they want or not they will outsource as much maintenance as they can get away with. I think what you will see in the future is small crews for the terminal at large stations and some crews for overnight service and maybe A & B checks. I also believe Indy, OAK, Jet shop, and most back shops will be gone. Hopefully they will see fit to pay the proper wages for the mechanics when and if they get us out of this mess. The only profitable airline pays their mechanics more than us.

If you give in you will help to destroy the craft of the AMT. This is all a game to rich & powerful people. We are just pieces on a chessboard. Don't give in and stand tall. Just keep doing your job till they hand you your notice. Just never say yes to concessions. Remember that after the next cuts from the courts we will be back to pre 94 wages. That is if they are easy on us. Things can get even worse. I will just keep letting the judge decide. When the wage gets low enough people will leave and never come back. If the other airlines follow then the idea of becoming an aircraft mechanic will die. Some day the airline will pay a premium wage to lure mechanics in. Maybe I'm dreaming. At least when they close the doors or lay me off I will know I didn't just lie down and cave in.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 12:01:05 PM ual747mech wrote:
[P]I'm not trying to start a controversy. I think Amfa has enough cards. If I was in their shoes I don't think it's a good idea to ask for a representational vote right now. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P] you guys are stuck with IAM during BK and if you accept an amended contract, for its term.you can vote AMFA in,but they'll be on the outside looking in until your 'amended' contract or BK is up.

Back