IAM - TWU should split work force

Did George Washington have a degree?

He only had an elementary school education.

What military experience did he have before he defeated the British?

And he never held a political office before President, was he qualified?

Josh is gonna come back and say it was only one course he took and it was only a seminar.

He took a labor program I believe at Cornell.

700, Sorry for the delay but NMB never returned my call, so I sent all my questions via e-mail. When I get the answers I will post. Thx for being patient...

Here some info "FROM THE MB" not from TWU or IAM or 700. The NMB will not run the election of the combined IAM/TWU "employee assoc." as some are being told by the three listed above. This is exactly why you guys need to do your own homework and search and collect the info or verify the info you are told. Hate to say it but, the TWU/IAM election can and will be running internally and pretty much sounds to me that the choices on the ballot will be what ever the TWU/IAM wants on there, therefore you guys will be "FORCED" to vote for the "employee assoc. or go non-union" all fully brought onto you guys by your wonderful unions the TWU and IAM. Good luck to you guys.

Ok 700, just got my returned call, it came from Don West. He told me that the NMB will have nothing to do with the TWU/IAM merger (if you will) or an internal coming together of the two unions with a vote by the members to accept or decline. So first step that the NMB will run or control this "Employee Association" election is false. Furthermore, the NMB "only" gets involved if one of the two unions involved submits and request a representational election. He also said he has no earthly idea what options will be on the ballot of the combined union election that we are speaking about as this type of election will be handled internally by the unions. Now onto other question in my post listed above that you never replied to: What does the "other" option on the ballot, you say will be, along with 1- yes for assoc., and 2 no-no union? What exactly does "other" mean 700? Still can't believe a union will have a forced vote for a representational group otherwise you will be non-union. Now that's democracy isn't it? One choice for representation, if you do not for the representation listed you will be non-union. Just doesn't look right to me. If it is, I would vote "NO", go non-union, until you guys could have a vote to bring in AMFA or go on your own with private union. And yes 700 I will post this in the AA thread as well, as affects both sides equally if this BS rep election is allowed to be forced upon the members. You guys better hope AMFA gets their shot at AA again so you all can rid yourself of such a controlling union rather it's IAM or TWU...

Yes to Association or No Union? Yea right, like the IAM and TWU would walk away from 40,000 dues paying members. If what you are saying is true its a Fear tactic, "approve or else". Never happen, but if it did, if the Unions basically said that if we don't agree with their plan to split us up so each could keep their share of the dues that they no longer wanted any of our dues, in other words they decertified themselves, would a new union , IBT, AMFA, SEIU etc be able to start a new card drive and file right away? Could they legally walk away and leave us without their wonderful bottom of the industry representation? After all they took our money and they want out.

Did George Washington have a degree?

He only had an elementary school education.

What military experience did he have before he defeated the British?

And he never held a political office before President, was he qualified?
Washington actually had pretty extensive Military experience, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_career_of_George_Washington

If todays labor leaders were in Washington's shoes we would still be a British Colony, they would have told the Rebels to turn over their muskets and live to fight another day, then brag about how they saved lives (but leave out how they destroyed a concept).

How many years ago did USAIR go bankrupt and put you guys at the bottom of the industry? Don't strike, give management everything they want and live to fight on your next career (since you just destroyed the one you had) What is it now 11 years since you gave concessions and 6 years since US exited and still no recovery, not even up to industry standards set by other carriers who went bankrupt around the same time? As the years tick by without a contract that delivers on the promises made you come here and keep supporting all managements excuses, "Oh not now. we have a merger with America West to deal with, here are a few crumbs now go sit back in the corner", "Oh now we are trying to buy AA, when we are big we can pay big (nevermind the fact that UPS, Southwest and Jet Blue are all smaller and pay better) so go sit in the corner again, we will call you when we are ready", then "Not now because we don't know whether we should talk to you or the IBT(even though the IBT was only going after the mechanics)", now its "we have to wait and see what happens with the trail since the DOJ stopped the merger". When will you realize that there will always be another excuse?

Yes to Association or No Union? Yea right, like the IAM and TWU would walk away from 40,000 dues paying members. If what you are saying is true its a Fear tactic, "approve or else". Never happen, but if it did, if the Unions basically said that if we don't agree with their plan to split us up so each could keep their share of the dues that they no longer wanted any of our dues, in other words they decertified themselves, would a new union , IBT, AMFA, SEIU etc be able to start a new card drive and file right away? Could they legally walk away and leave us without their wonderful bottom of the industry representation? After all they took our money and they want out.
Just to be clear. It is not me saying the vote will be assoc. or no union. It is 700 who stated that it will be as such, with another option of "other". But he still has not answered my question of, "what does other mean?" Could it be the "wright-in" option? I am not sure. I have put this question to him and he has not answered. I too still find it hard to believe that these would be the only two options available forcing the membership to vote in and keep the TWU And IAM. He has posted that his information came from the international of the IAM. I also believe it is a scare tactic and this is why I put a call into the NMB. Now let's all see if be will answer.

If we vote no union then that means we decertify the iam and the twu. Desertification of unions have to go through the nmb. Same as certifying a union. So its total hogwash if we have a choice of no union. No union is going to risk losing millions of $$$$$$$$$$. I say vote no association and move onto getting both the twu and iam replaced with Amfa. Since the nmb will not be involved in the voting one can only imagine the choices on the ballot.

I spoke to the man who wrote the Alliance, he is an IAM GLR, the NMB will be conducting the vote, "other" is speak in or type in.

The IAM and TWU will be transferring the certification to the Alliance, only the NMB has the authority to do that.

And watch in two years the TWU will be absorbed into the IAM.

And Paine, you cant strike upon a CBA abrogation, the courts proved that with the NW flight attendants.

And the IAM back in May asked to be released, the board has refused to answer yes or no, and has been contacted many times and wont even schedule negotiations.

Lets just say the IAM and the mechanic and related and fleet will be showing solidarity very shortly.

I advise all of you that are getting wrapped up in this thread to do your own investigation on this subject, and that doesn't mean listening to either the IAM or TWU.

None of the information on the so called balloting of this would-be election that has so far been put forward is definitive. As of right now IT CAN'T BE.

Until there is a completed merger, there can't be an investigation into a Single Transportation System or STS.

Until there is a completed NMB STS investigation there cannot be an election.

If/When the NMB STS investigation is complete, AND the merged carriers are considered a STS for the class and craft in question, then there is a window for intervenors to file a showing of interest and be added to the ballot.

I spoke to the man who wrote the Alliance, he is an IAM GLR, the NMB will be conducting the vote, "other" is speak in or type in.

The IAM and TWU will be transferring the certification to the Alliance, only the NMB has the authority to do that.

And watch in two years the TWU will be absorbed into the IAM.
You did not state the "type-in" option in the post you answered to me in the US thread. With the NMB "type-in" and "write-in" are the same in one. Why are you so adamant about avoiding questions on this issue? I will tell you why, you and all your puppet string controllers at the IAM as well as the TWU don't want the membership to know all their options, and with the options I have dug up it looks like they will have a chance to "write-in" or "speak-in" another choice of union representation like "AMFA". If you AA'ers haven't yet goto the US thread to see the different responses between us. Also take note that 700 never responded to my original post telling everyone that the "write-in" and "speak-in" options would in fact be available to the members if the NMB does run the election until now and after I have proven him wrong after speaking with the NMB. So NOW it looks like all you AMFA supporters will have another chance to bring in AMFA on the "write-in" or "speak-in" options if and when the new Employee Association election comes along. However; I would still strongly suggest moving forward with a full blow AMFA drive rather before or as of June 2014, depending on the appeal made by AMFA to the NMB on the year waiting period, than even trying your luck with this BS Employee Association being driven by the TWU and IAM. If this is all true above and the election comes to a vote, then both AA and US mechanics need to start a massive "WRITE IN AMFA" campaign. To be continued...

Back