Iam ....

700UW said:
You did not take a 33% paycut, it was 6.8% in round one of bankruptcy.

Then a temp 21%.
[post="230599"][/post]​

700UW YOU ARE FULL OF IT, OR YOUR EXTRACTION FAN FAILED; WE MECHS USED TO MAKE $ 35 hr , NOW WE MEKE $24 HR AND WE HAVE TO PAY TO CLEAN THE UNIFORMS
PLUS ALL THE OTHER CRAP THEY TOOK AWAY TO SAVE UNNECESSARY JOBS ( I MEAN DUES PAYING MEMBERS) DONT YOU GET IT.
YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT; BETTER CALL LAVMAN ,HAVE HIM SCOOP IT OUT ,IT MIGHT TAKE CARE OF YOUR BRAIN FARTS AND MENTAL DIARRHEA.

NOTHING PERSONAL IS ALL BUSSINES. I AM SURE YOU ARE AVERY NICE GUY ,
DONT YOU KNOW THAT THE IAM HAS MENTIONED THE POSIBILITY OF FURTHER WAGE CONCESSIONS TO SAVE JOBS.

DO YOU AGREE WITH THAT?.............................................. I SURE DON'T.

THEY CAN HAVE MY JOB .
java script:emoticon(':angry:')
smilie

Mechanics at US never made $35 an hour.

Pay rate as of July 1, 2002 was $30.18 an hour (including license and skill pay). Pay rate July 1, 2003 was $28.31 an hour.

You pay $4 a week for uniforms which is tax deductable.

Glad to see all you can do it yell and insult instead of sticking to the issues. Maybe you need to take your own advice.

A320 Driver said:
I read these diatribes on here from 700 and others...I just don't get where your coming from. Every other employee group has had to change, to adapt and make tremendous sacrifices . Everyone is moving towards a new reality...except the IAM. What the heck makes you so special that you think your better than the rest of us? It is truly an ugly kind of arrogance that would toy around with other peoples jobs and futures the way you do.

A320 Driver :(
[post="230608"][/post]​
Everyone is moving towards a new reality...except the IAM.
and that reality is what? companies are using bankruptcy courts to break contracts and unions and dumb down our wages...and what-you're all for it.??
granted there are some new realities to the airline industry but this crapola thats going on is not and should not be tolerated by the working man any longer. it will go on as long as you and i let it....where does one draw the line?
let me see i can work at U for $15 an hour or i can sell wood at home depot for $17 an hour...hmmm...
Every other employee group has had to change, to adapt and make tremendous sacrifices
where i come from its called 'caving'... ;)

And no other group on the property is being asked to cut their ranks by 50% and outsource there work to unlicensed mechanics, vendors and contract cleaners.

A320 Driver, why don't you visit the employees and their families and convince them why they should vote themselves out of a job while the former and current executives get rewarded for failure and devastating the economic livelihood of the employees.

700UW said:
And no other group on the property is being asked to cut their ranks by 50% and outsource there work to unlicensed mechanics, vendors and contract cleaners.

A320 Driver, why don't you visit the employees and their families and convince them why they should vote themselves out of a job while the former and current executives get rewarded for failure and devastating the economic livelihood of the employees.
[post="230889"][/post]​

ALPA Pilots JAN 2001: 5957
ALPA Pilots FEB 2005: 2892

Jobs outsourced to Mesa, PSA, Chataqua, etc.

Vote in YOUR best interest. But please vote. That is if you ever achieve a TA before Judge Mitchell rules.

delldude said:
...this crapola thats going on is not and should not be tolerated by the working man any longer. it will go on as long as you and i let it....where does one draw the line?

[post="230888"][/post]​

you should draw the line at voting republican.

Before 9/11/01 8,000 mechanic and related employees

Currently 5,000 mechanic and related employees.

If company gets it wishes 1,300 mechanic and related employees.

ALPA furloughees get Jet for Jobs at MDA, PSA, Mesa, and every other regional carrier with US Airways and they get their US Airways Seniority.

No mechanic and related employees offered jobs at those carriers except MDA (only mechanics a $13 an hour).

Now 924PS, you go to the houses of the 3,000+ employees and convince them why they should vote themselves out of a job.

700UW said:

ALPA furloughees get Jet for Jobs at MDA, PSA, Mesa, and every other regional carrier with US Airways and they get their US Airways Seniority.

No mechanic and related employees offered jobs at those carriers except MDA (only mechanics a $13 an hour).

Now 924PS, you go to the houses of the 3,000+ employees and convince them why they should vote themselves out of a job.
[post="230906"][/post]​

I am not suggesting anyone vote themselves out of a job. As I said, it's your vote. Vote as you see fit. The post was meant to illustrate that your work group is not alone with respect to painful choices and consequences.

700UW said:

[post="230906"][/post]​

I am not suggesting anyone vote themselves out of a job. As I said, it's your vote. Vote as you see fit. The post was meant to illustrate that your work group is not alone with respect to painful choices and consequences.

700UW said:

[post="230889"][/post]​

I don't feel compelled to convince you or anyone else how to vote. Truth is, your in one hell of a mess. Plenty of places to lay the blame. Management, 9-11, fuel prices, economy, competition, and certainly the IAM. How did IAM EVER hope to hang on to these contracts. Whats more, they had the unmittigated gall to price cleaners with licensed, skilled and experienced mechanics. That more than anything is my beef with IAM.

Vote any way you like. If I were in your shoes I'd probably vote the same way I did on LOA 93...NO.

A320 Driver

Whats more, they had the unmittigated gall to price cleaners with licensed, skilled and experienced mechanics. That more than anything is my beef with IAM.

Be careful of what you say or he will label you an elitist. :shock: He can't handle the truth,or see the writing on the wall. :p

RowUnderDCA said:
you should draw the line at voting republican.
[post="230899"][/post]​

delldude said:
with kudo's
[post="230914"][/post]​

You are cordially invited to dine where I deficate. :down:

I doubt very seriously if your choice between voting democrat or republican is the answer; but at least you are thinking. Now, let's all work together to think of a real solution; ok?

Guess you need a history lesson, the IAM did not lump utility in with mechanics, it was the National Mediation Board who did.

Funny a utility at NWA makes $20.04 an hour.

Back