IBT/UAL contract rejection, what does it mean to us at AA?

DallasConehead said:

You're really sad, you think you can just come here and demand an answer like some little child. Its your presentation that sucks, you think you can just make demands and then whine about it when your demands aren't met.

You really need help... You have an addiction to this board and cant put it away along with your vulgar and vile thoughts. Seek help..
So you cant answer him, so you attack the poster, only one vile and vulgar is you.

Refute what he posts and debate him, oh wait you cant, so you attack him.

700UW said:
So you cant answer him, so you attack the poster, only one vile and vulgar is you.

Refute what he posts and debate him, oh wait you cant, so you attack him.

He doesn't want to answer because maybe people on the negotiating team might start to think about it and that would mean him getting less.

I hope a lot of people in especially JFK and LGA are reading this.

This is how they think in the South.

WeAAsles said:
He doesn't want to answer because maybe people on the negotiating team might start to think about it and that would mean him getting less.
I hope a lot of people in especially JFK and LGA are reading this.
This is how they think in the South.
if I rember the state of Florida and the city of Miami is very much in the south

I am pretty sure most , if not all of us knew the pay was the same throughout the system when we hired on, yet we accepted the job.

I don't see any basis for the argument of making pay different in different stations, and it gets murky.
What formula do you use?

The main discussion should be why, after almost a year after being certified as the representative Union, the Association still doesn't have anything for us to vote on?

Or, more to the point, why aren't they at the table every day until it gets done?

Actually not, Piedmont and United had riders at certain cities, DCA, LGA, HNL, BOS and a few others.

So when people were hired the high cost cities did earn more.

Do you people actually read?

The Association, even Gary Peterson has explained this over and over, Glass (who is leading negotiations for AA) wasnt available.

Its simply amazing how all of you always blame the union and not the company.

Why dont you ask Parker, why he had to hire an outsider to lead negotiations?

Why dont you ask Parker, why the company to this day hasnt presented a complete offer to the unions?

You people need to wake up and place the blame of AA where it belongs.

700UW said:
Why dont you ask Parker, why he had to hire an outsider to lead negotiations?

Why dont you ask Parker, why the company to this day hasnt presented a complete offer to the unions?

You people need to wake up and place the blame of AA where it belongs.

So what do I pay union dues for?

700UW said:
Thanks for proving my point 100%.

Because you have to as a condition of employment.

Ain't that the truth!

The union is my agent. Kinda like sports! I enlist them (and pay them) to bargain for me and deal with the company.

If YOU Are A New Hire IN New York you automatically start at the third tier of the pay scale. They did this because no one would take the job. Some of the new hires transferred to MIA and we're then bumped down (pay cut ) when they transfered.

conehead777 said:
if I rember the state of Florida and the city of Miami is very much in the south

Well at least you FINALLY admitted that no, you do not want anyone earning more than you even if the COL is substantially more than where you "choose" to live.

I never said that people who chose to live in NYC (The greatest city in the world) shouldn't have to pay some kind of premium for that.

But again according to my trusty CNN calculator, my counterpart in Brooklyn needs to earn $17,000 per year more than me to live the same lifestyle. That's $8.00 per hour more for a Full Timer.

I 100% support that those people should be earning at least a little bit more than me. 100%.

As they would say in NY "Brother can you spare a Dollar" ?

http://money.cnn.com/calculator/pf/cost-of-living/

AA-MRO.COM said:
If YOU Are A New Hire IN New York you automatically start at the third tier of the pay scale. They did this because no one would take the job. Some of the new hires transferred to MIA and we're then bumped down (pay cut ) when they transfered.
In Fleet they're started on the third tier now here in MIA. DFW is started on the bottom tier.

Not because of COL though. Because MIA has an Airport minimum.

Traymark said:
I am pretty sure most , if not all of us knew the pay was the same throughout the system when we hired on, yet we accepted the job.
I don't see any basis for the argument of making pay different in different stations, and it gets murky.
What formula do you use?
The main discussion should be why, after almost a year after being certified as the representative Union, the Association still doesn't have anything for us to vote on?
Or, more to the point, why aren't they at the table every day until it gets done?
Read Petersons update. I mean isn't he still one of you guys? You don't trust him anymore?

Did you forget that he was the one who tried to stop the Association from ever happening.

I guess now even he's a lier huh?

W
Peterson is a local President, and to his credit, he has been a voice , a lower level voice, but a voice none the less, for a large part of the membership that wanted a higher standard for certification than just "because we say so".

What I don't understand is, where are the leaders of the TWU and IAM?

Shouldn't they be putting more pressure on AA to get to and stay at the table until this gets done?
Maybe they are, if so fine, but I see no problem with them standing shoulder to shoulder, calling out Parker for dragging his feet on our JCBA.

You can throw stones at Peterson if you like, and I'm not a full throated supporter of everything he does, but I'd like to see the top levels of both unions being more like Peterson right now on these negotiations.

How many weeks of negotiating and all they agreed to is bulletin boards, uniforms and fitness for duty?

Traymark said:
W
Peterson is a local President, and to his credit, he has been a voice , a lower level voice, but a voice none the less, for a large part of the membership that wanted a higher standard for certification than just "because we say so".
What I don't understand is, where are the leaders of the TWU and IAM?
Shouldn't they be putting more pressure on AA to get to and stay at the table until this gets done?
Maybe they are, if so fine, but I see no problem with them standing shoulder to shoulder, calling out Parker for dragging his feet on our JCBA.
You can throw stones at Peterson if you like, and I'm not a full throated supporter of everything he does, but I'd like to see the top levels of both unions being more like Peterson right now on these negotiations.
Absolutely NOT knocking Peterson. I've loved his updates and personally appreciate his perception.

As for the leaders trying to apply public pressure, I just think it's still a little bit early maybe?

Latest posts

Back