Industrial unionism and faux democracy

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
My problem with industrial unions such as the TWU and the Teamsters?

These organizations are ooh too adept at using faux democracy in order to operate in a totalitarian manner.

Here are a few examples of what I am talking about here with the TWU.

Our TWU president is eventually elected, after being first appointed, in a convention in Las Vegas in which the delegates are wined and dined by the International. Delegates are given freebies such as rooms, meals and clothing. The presidents so-called election was nothing more than a rubber stamp made by grateful hedonists off on a paid vacation that you and I paid for.

At the TWU convention many of the bylaw changes approved were approved by a single blanket motion made so that the delegates could spend more time partying in Vegas. These handpicked bylaws approved by the International were going to "pass anyway why not have time to party" the delegates rationalized. Bylaw changes are rigged by the International so they are passed in haste. A wonderful way to get things done TWU so much for debate.

Any attempts at bylaws that had one iota of democratic reform never made it out of committee for the delegates to even think about debating.

Did our union president ask you or me whether or not we wanted to negotiate our profit-sharing program away? Have you seen how much money the post merger airline is expected to make?
Who does this guy actually serve?

The new union hall in Tulsa was voted down by the union membership three times but it was built anyway.

Using fear once again, as they did in 2003, the TWU is able to successfully force-feed us another concessionary contract when we had true leverage to win back some of our concessions from 2003.

You tell me which other airline contract only gives their union members 5 holidays and a shift differential of two cents? Did you really think the Judge was going to lay that on us?

Escape totalitarianism and bask in the sunshine of real democracy-vote for AMFA and kiss Industrial Unionism and their rigged faux democracy goodbye.

No brother they are no protecting us from ourselves they are lining their pockets at our expense.

Wise up already.

Reactions: 6 people
I have made this same comparison before between the UNION and the government's modus operandi. This forum was all too eager to flame me for my remarks. I hope you do better. It should not surprise anyone that there are comparisons. After all, TWU is a tool of the left.

I’m still astonished by all the fist pumping and chest beating, and chanting “f” you TWU.
But the harsh reality is that whatever Union the members think they would like to be under,
will not come prepackaged with men in capes with a capitol “S” on the back. It will be the same crony’s
voting for the same slugs that are in power now. I’m not at all a fan of TWU, only because of the people how are in office now, but be careful of what you wish for. Sorry you can't change what has been in place for over 80 years.

I’m still astonished by all the fist pumping and chest beating, and chanting “f” you TWU.
But the harsh reality is that whatever Union the members think they would like to be under,
will not come prepackaged with men in capes with a capitol “S” on the back. It will be the same crony’s
voting for the same slugs that are in power now. I’m not at all a fan of TWU, only because of the people how are in office now, but be careful of what you wish for. Sorry you can't change what has been in place for over 80 years.

C'mon Bob, you're not new here. Do you really not know the differences between the TWU & AMFA by now? I guess since you're a FSC - you really don't pay attention to the AMTs debate. Had you followed the debate, you would understand.

Reactions: 1 person

This may sound harsh, but it must be said. If the members elect the same people back in office that are currently running the local positions as well as the international positions, then they are just plain stupid. I will say, that there will be some people that put in to run for certain positions in hopes to be elected and try to destroy the replacement union from within. The TWU and teamsters will still work very hard to destroy the replacement union especially if it is AMFA that replaces the TWU. They will do anything to crush AMFA, anything...

Reactions: 2 people
Line local officers are pro-amt and support the members. The International officers? Well we all know their agendas.
I have no problems electing current line local officers when AMFA gets in at AA. Most of those guys have stuck their necks out for the members. You have to look at one individual at a time to see where he stands on issues. Most are good union men. The suck A$$es are easily weeded out by their obvious actions.

As far as Tulsa goes? We can not have another fleet service president. Won't happen under AMFA but we need the membership in Tulsa to get involved in the elections and put a good union guy in office.

May I ask why so many people got offended when I said the same thing before? Where are all the haters now? Why the sudden change of attitude about this topic?

It is nice to see you finally caught up with me. Maybe now we are on the same page.

Latest posts