InFlight Cafe Goes Gourmet

Republic doesn't fly for the west and does not have Inflight Cafe. When the 170s belonged to US they offered Inflight Cafe on longer flights but this stopped when they sold the planes to RP. PSA may have had IFC at one point too.

Yeah....I realize that. The guy I was talking to had been from the west coast to DFW on HP. Did business a little bit in DFW and then was on my flight DFW-DCA for more business in DC and he told me about the beverage test on a flight out west. I know RP doesn't have inflight cafe.....but I guess my question was if premium beverages are adopted permanently if it would make its way onto RP/express flights? Or would that be a mainline only thing....usually express flights get the same beverage supply....but maybe not here...I dunno.

No. There are slight catering differences for the Express product. It does not include Inflight Cafe, or liquor (beer and wine only). There are some beverage differences too, they have two beer choices instead of three (no Heineken), and no mixers like Bloody Mary Mix or Tonic. MDA was the exception because it wasn't really Express. You may see some 'mainline-like' things on PSA and Piedmont because they are actual owned subsidiaries- for example, they are in the cash cow program. Incidentally, they will also wear the new uniform whereas the contract carriers (Republic, Air Wisconsin etc) will wear a generic navy uniform.

The premium beverage thing would be like Inflight Cafe, on 'mainline' only.

I think the premium beverage thing will be a failure. No one is paying for those drinks when they can just get a free Coke. No one needs a caffeine buzz on an airplane, they want to sleep. The whole thing is going to be unorganized and cumbersome for the flight attendants. Usual cactus thinking, might be ok on an A320 but I'm not too excited about leaving the cart on a 330 to go to the back and find a Energy drink or whatever.

As far as our Economy product, people are satisfied with our beverage selection and they are satisfied with the idea of the Inflight Cafe program. The only complaints are not enough and no variety since we have had the same freaking thing for years. It looks like both issues are being resolved. Otherwise I think it's fine. We get more complaints about IFE- the fact that we charge for it, much of the equitment is broken (monitors, systems in the armrest), and the fact that we show a movie, a sitcom, and then three hours of infomercials. Id rather see them enhance the product in that department.

As far as our Economy product, people are satisfied with our beverage selection and they are satisfied with the idea of the Inflight Cafe program. The only complaints are not enough and no variety since we have had the same freaking thing for years. It looks like both issues are being resolved. Otherwise I think it's fine. We get more complaints about IFE- the fact that we charge for it, much of the equitment is broken (monitors, systems in the armrest), and the fact that we show a movie, a sitcom, and then three hours of infomercials. Id rather see them enhance the product that department.

sky high states: Soooo Eloquently said, I'd just like to add...........PRETZELS SUCK. Give the "roach coach" crowd something else!

ONLY stating opinions

Building a Better Airline: Taking Care of Our Customers
InFlight Café Goes Gourmet

Two thoughts on this - Does the SandCastle really view this as "gourmet" food? I certainly wouldn't classify it as "Gourmet" - might be OK food, but certainly not Gourmet.

Just love the tag line "Building a Better Airline".

Better than what? Better than the rock bottom service they have driven this airline to?

Just amazes me that they can sit out there in the desert and say "look at how much we are improving things" after driving the operation to the lowest level ever seen in the airline industry. Go figure!

What about the addition of credit cards to purchase these meals/snacks? Is that already in the development stage?

Yes. But not ready to launch.

Can't wait to ask for that 1st passenger's sandwich back when their credit card is not approved! (sarcastic>>>)

Really, like EMBFA says, improve the food offering, keep that same beverages and forget the other extra's in the back.

The IFE needs to be overhauled.

Good point about "building a better airline". Doesn't the military use that technique during boot camp? Tear the ego down to nothing then build it back up while infusing the recruit with "the mission"?

Goodness, so that's where the stepford mentality came from! Resistance is futile! :blink:

Then....

usair019.jpg

usair020.jpg

usair022.jpg

Just wait until we go "cashless". Boy oh boy will the B position go junior on the long haul domestic flights. People get their bills paid. :lol:

AM flights

1. Mini bagel, cheese and peppered turkey with creme cheese and grapes on the side.
2. French toast ham sandwhich with apricote cream cheese and grapes on side.

(guess we got a good deal on grapes)

PM flights

1. Shaved turkey breast, lettuce, cranberry sauce spread and chips.
2. Mandarin orange and chicken salad with rasberry vinaigrette.

All day snack

Bumblebee chichen salad
Wisecracker Partner's roasted
Garlic and rosemary crackers
Fruit and nuts mix
Strawberry fruit bar
Andes chocolatte
Mint chip cookies

All day definitely worth $5. $7 for other items depends on the amount.

Hope this helps.

Also, they are supplying an extra 25%. Apparently they heard our whining. I guess the squeeky wheel DOES get oiled.

Whine!!Whine!! Whine!! You Know Amercians Got To Have It BIG!! We Don't Have Enough FAT People in This Country!!

I have to admit these selections look good and a nice improvement. But here are two dissapointments and Tempe if you are reading please consider my coments. I had read they where going to increase the serving time window, and they did by 30 mins from 1930 to 2000 departures. Yes and improvement but should have been 2100 or at least 2030. I can't imagine taking a westbound transcon to Vegas leaving the east coast at say 2030-2045 at night for a 5 hour flight and getting a bag of pretzels in coach and a snack basket in First. Secondly I thougt they where going to offer service on somewhat shorter segments? The meal selections are still showing flights over 3 and 1/2 hours. However the snack box does say over 2 and half hours, does this mean there will be some sort of reduced First Class meal service on flights over 2 and 1/2 but under 3 and 1/2 hours? Sure hope so.

Regards

LGA777

McFLY! Did Ya Know There Are FOOD VENDERS IN THE AIRPORT!! :unsure:

Whine!!Whine!! Whine!! You Know Amercians Got To Have It BIG!! We Don't Have Enough FAT People in This Country!!
Is this being directed at me? I hope not. I was only providing the info. Who is whining?

Back