Insult To Injury?

Yeah, that joke was very out of taste.

It's one thing to laugh a near disaster off, but this is an entirely different thing. Regardless of airline, I, personally, would not joke in that manner. No less reference the incident in flight with passengers listening (I would imagine that some "Frightened Freddies" would now say they'll never fly US Airways just for that reason, or would otherwise be wigged out beyond help).

Might I suggest using the following address to voice feedback to UA Customer Relations? Based on personal experience, the more written feedback received, the more reaction from the company to the issue.

http://faq.ua2go.com/display/4/kb/atr/inde...amp;r=0.7879712

Personally, I asked for a reply. I'm curious what they say.

But I find interesting the reader comments on the Huffington Post. The ones I read (and I admittedly didn't read all 8 jillion) mostly say "lighten up people."

I'll remember to add the word "Hudson" to my list of words to NEVER say over the PA......

So now the list includes: crash, fire, thunderstorm, sex, stewardess, and Hudson.

Oh yea: Mono Lake is pronounced Moe Noe Lake. "It's not a disease" (monucleosis) as I was informed one beautiful clear day by a cute little college kid. The Arkansas River is one to be careful with too. You can really go wrong if you've got some Kansas residents on board when making that PA, 'cause them folk call it the "are KANSAS" River. "Arkansas has nothing but a bunch of hicks that don't speak proper English" according to one MCI resident we hauled a while back.

The interesting thing about all of this is that apparently somebody IS listening to the stuff we say. The other thing is that trying to be funny can bite you in the hiney - it's too easy to offend these days.

HA HA HA!

I thought it was funny.......

Naw, I didn't, it's still too soon....

Ha ha, youuure funny.

If a skit in geese costumes on national tv is funny, I think a sidebar joke like that, can be a little funny. I don't really think the PA was the best place to execute that one though. Ha ha.

One reason UA is a slightly more ghetto version of US lately.

Its kinda funny. Meeeh...

Latest posts

Back