Interesting!

And I've been told that all this was done at TWA's old overhaul base at MCI.

So automation comes to the cockpit?

Sorry, but even though some human pilots may be cocky SOB's....I WANT one of them in the cockpit on the planes I am flying on. I say this having worked in IT for over 30 years and seeing what happens when "unexpected" things happen.

Sorry, but even though some human pilots may be cocky SOB's....I WANT one of them in the cockpit on the planes I am flying on. I say this having worked in IT for over 30 years and seeing what happens when "unexpected" things happen.
I tend to agree. But, with the money managers in top management, you know where this could go! And, by the way, you have a way to go, I had over 40 years when I retired. 40 years, Commercial Aviation, 4 years plus, military.

Last edited:
I tend to agree. But, with the money managers in top management, you know where this could go! And, by the way, you have a way to go, I had over 40 years when I retired. 40 years, Commercial Aviation, 4 years plus, military.
I'de like Glenn Quagmire take on this!

Yea, I had 38 years.
That and $2.75 will get me Lotte at Starbucks.
:D

Yea, That 'blue screen of death' could have a real meaning.
:eek:

Yea, That 'blue screen of death' could have a real meaning.
:eek:
Yep...while I realize that airliners have had autoland capabilities for some time, it's rather comforting to know that there is a human with his hands just fractions of an inch from the controls should the need arise.

Yea, I had 38 years.
That and $2.75 will get me Lotte at Starbucks.
:D
Iknow! I know!........ But I refuse to pay $2.75 for a cup of coffee when can get a "senior coffee" at the rainbow room for $.85.

Last edited:
xUT, we have to stop meeting this way! People well start to talk!

Latest posts

Back