Is it ‘ok’ for the IAM to cross a picket line?

Do you think it is ok for the IAM to cross a legal picket line?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Then why did the ibt organize scabs at CO?

Why did ibt represented flight attendants fly flights for NWA while amfa was on strike because NWA would have had to cancel flights due to mtc on aircraft?

The pot calling the kettle black!

Then why did the ibt organize scabs at CO?

Why did ibt represented flight attendants fly flights for NWA while amfa was on strike because NWA would have had to cancel flights due to mtc on aircraft?

The pot calling the kettle black!

COMPREHEND THIS, THE NWA PILOTS WERE/ARE NOT ON STRIKE, CHAPION IS NOT DOING STRUCK WORK!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE THE IAM IS DOING AT NWA

NWA did not have planes for the flights dues to maintenance and the strike.

Champion Air flew flights because of the strike and the ibt represented employees flew over picket lines.

Comprehend that!

NWA did not have planes for the flights dues to maintenance and the strike.

Champion Air flew flights because of the strike and the ibt represented employees flew over picket lines.

Comprehend that!

I comprehend your hatred for the IBT and trying to twist anything that you can to do harm to the IBT. What other groups have flown over picket lines.. just about every one, including all of the IAM rep ones.
stop trying to discredit the IBT and come up with some real anwsers, if you do not know an answer please keep your unsubstansiated ideas to yourself...FFS

I feel it is wrong of the IAM to want to continue to represent the mechanics and related when it appears all they really want is the dues money. Sort of like 'taxation without representation'. I find it unacceptable they are a scab union at Northwest.
(Note: I have made this poll and topic at Paul' request.)

Here is the original topic. LOL

I feel it is wrong of the IAM to want to continue to represent the mechanics and related when it appears all they really want is the dues money. Sort of like 'taxation without representation'. I find it unacceptable they are a scab union at Northwest.

So what are you going to do about your feelings. Are you currently trying to oust the IAM???
Have you sent in a card??

Do you feel that way about the company?
U sends mechanics to fix NWA aircraft in cities where they are contracted to do so.

Pitguy

You were on the money. I worked USAirways for 15 years before getting lucky and being employed at UPS. It is unbelievable the difference in respect that the IBT can bring to the table. Your are preaching on deaf ears to the IAM employed workers in 700 and delldude. These guys live on this board and are mere puppets for the IAM.

sorry 700UW, I am not in a union anymore thanks to the IAM and I do not wish to run for a top job with the IAM after what they have done to my fellow co workers and myself.

Mechanics would have to be out of their minds to choose the IAM after what they did to mechanics at NWA.

The IAM deliberately worked with management in order to crush mechanics, period. The mindset was obvious, they wanted to knock all mechanics down a notch by making sure that NWA was able to replace their mechanics with scabs, the IAM helped out by picking up the extra slack.

The IAM chose to work side by side with scabs in order to bust union mechanics at NWA.

So any mechanic at USAIR who has an ounce of pride in his or her profession should send the IAM packing. They damaged our profession, should they be rewarded for that by collecting dues from mechanics? An injury to one is an injury to all, the IAM injured our profession. Its time for mechanics to hold the IAM responsible for what they did at NWA!!

Mechanics would have to be out of their minds to choose the IAM after what they did to mechanics at NWA.

The IAM deliberately worked with management in order to crush mechanics, period. The mindset was obvious, they wanted to knock all mechanics down a notch by making sure that NWA was able to replace their mechanics with scabs, the IAM helped out by picking up the extra slack.

The IAM chose to work side by side with scabs in order to bust union mechanics at NWA.

So any mechanic at USAIR who has an ounce of pride in his or her profession should send the IAM packing. They damaged our profession, should they be rewarded for that by collecting dues from mechanics? An injury to one is an injury to all, the IAM injured our profession. Its time for mechanics to hold the IAM responsible for what they did at NWA!!
Very well said Bob, how can any one who claims to be a true union man condone, defend, or spin what the IAM has done for Aircraft Mechanics, the IAM worked hand in hand with managenment at NW and for that matter at U to lower wages for everyone in the airline industry!

I see the usual "thread busters" are out in force.

I agree that the IAM should not be representing(actually misrepresenting) the mechanic and related at the New USA. The policy of allowing them to SCAB is not part of the definition that a "trade unionist" would agree to. The words "trade unionist" is used very often by the IAM, to describe what they are. It just doesn't fit.

SCAB = trade unionist ????? :)
Go Gonzo!!! I wonder if one of the iam theme songs is blinded by the light? Maybe it :shock: should be koolaid & "their" additives!LOL!

Latest posts

Back