IS it me or would NW be FAR better for US than delta?

I think Doug knows NWA pretty good and so far is passing on that deal.

Remember it's not the airline planes, engine types,unions or route map that make a merger attactive, it's the BANKERS. The rest of that stuff is housekeeping items after the Bankers get the money.

US/NWA would be a much better fit than any altered/carved up "New Delta" in my opinion. Fleet similarities and hub/route integration with NW or UA would be much easier than trying to satisfy the regulators with a US-Delta combination, which would probably end up being the "Bride of Frankenstein" :down:

Parker is very eager about the delta deal. Even though by the map, fleet, and asia it looks better to go with NW. Its either eliminate the competition or it really a better choice on paper and we just dont see it.

I think that Parker suspects that NWA will be carved up if the DL/US deal goes through. Who else will NWA merge with? AA? That won't be a full fledged merger, but likely a piecing out, to some extent.

If the US-DL Merger happens the combined airline becomes (the new) Delta. But if a US-NW merger happens instead, could we possibly stay US as NW just does not seem to fit a huge East Coast airline ? Also NW's repetation ? What do you think ?

LGA777

Parker is very eager about the delta deal. Even though by the map, fleet, and asia it looks better to go with NW. Its either eliminate the competition or it really a better choice on paper and we just dont see it.

Seems I remember DP remarking the cultural integration would be the toughest piece to the AWA-US Airways merger. Why? Not hard to see if you were from the west. Many disgruntled easties with the "cool northern efficiency" mindset to boot. From what I gather NWA is a mirror image to the east. Why on earth would DP take on NWA and bring more hard core hurt to the equation. Delta on the other seems to have handled employee relations much better and have for sometime a decent working relationship with there employees. Makes sense to me to go with Delta. Much better marriage. Westies there is hope you won't be overrun!

Back