"It will give the Dems 'MORE' Ammunition' ? ? ?

Born and raised in Tejas, it was easy to pick out the northern redneck cowboys, they wore the bullshit on the inside of their boots.

I know the concept of self-sufficiency is probably foreign to you city boys.

We hicks & rednecks don't want or need others to have to pay for running a bus or subway network for us to get around.

And we certainly don't want to buy cars from failed companies who had to be bailed out, or who assemble their trucks in Canada or Mexico like Dodge and GM do.

At least the F-150 and F-250 are Made in America, by UAW workers. I'd think a unionista like you would appreciate that, Bears.

And from experience, no gun rack necessary -- plenty of room between the front seats for the gun without having to worry about knocking over my beer.

Unless I'm wrong Eric(and I'm SURE you'll inform me if I am) The last type I take you for(with a name like Olesen) is a 'hick or Redneck' (Oh sure, you're living the 'hick' lifestyle out there near I-8 or I-10 in Navaho or Yacqi country, but I'm guessing you for a northern mid-westerner(MN/WI/IL/MI/perhaps ND.
Am I close 'E ?

Hmmm, not sure which Scandi's you know, Bears, but most of them like warmth, especially when you have to hibernate for three months out of the year (something you should know about, eh??). The fact that they live in colder climates just makes them appreciate the warmth more.

350px-Swedish_Americans_2000_Census.svg.png

Yet there are significant numbers of them in Arizona, Nevada and even Florida & Texas.

Go to downtown Stockholm in the summer, and you'll see hundreds of sunbathers (many nude, since that's allowable there) on all the rocks along the river anytime the temperature gets above 70F.

Other than that, it's a pretty ignorant statement to think that a second or third generation American would look to where their grandparents settled when deciding where they would want to live...

Anecdotal at best, but most of my liberal friends have strayed no more than about 100 miles from where they were born; most of my conservative friends (and I) have no problems being thousands of miles away from their birthplace.

Not surprising, conservatives tend to promote being self-sufficient, while liberals tend to favor reliance/dependence on others...

Other than that, it's a pretty ignorant statement to think that a second or third generation American would look to where their grandparents settled when deciding where they would want to live...

Not surprising, conservatives tend to promote being self-sufficient, while liberals tend to favor reliance/dependence on others...

Stereotyping is only ignorant when some one else does it.

Hmmm, not sure which Scandi's you know, Bears, but most of them like warmth, especially when you have to hibernate for three months out of the year (something you should know about, eh??). The fact that they live in colder climates just makes them appreciate the warmth more.

350px-Swedish_Americans_2000_Census.svg.png

Yet there are significant numbers of them in Arizona, Nevada and even Florida & Texas.

Go to downtown Stockholm in the summer, and you'll see hundreds of sunbathers (many nude, since that's allowable there) on all the rocks along the river anytime the temperature gets above 70F.

Anecdotal at best, but most of my liberal friends have strayed no more than about 100 miles from where they were born; most of my conservative friends (and I) have no problems being thousands of miles away from their birthplace.

EVERYTHING you said is TRUE my loooong time cyber friend,...BUT...The original subject was about ' HillWilliams' : ) and HICKS. I do NOT think a person seeking open space and solitude in a place like NM, or AZ is a HICK, nor WY or GODS COUNTRY, Montana.
Your map shows NO/NONE Scandi's in the cesspool of America(the places South of the M/D line, or East of the Mississippi.

AND further ERIC, I said Scandi's dont like heat and H U M I D I T Y. NO humidity where you are you wise ol' Swede you .

I like you LIKE open space, less people, quiet etc, WHICH I get up here in New HampSHAAAH : )

I rest my case.

Back