It's official

This is generally good news right? Any mention of cabin configurations, Envoy Class Etc?

Looks like the J fares have been wiped out of the routes now using 57's. Aircraft still says 67 though

Hmmm....what are they going to do for the pax that already booked?

This is generally good news right? Any mention of cabin configurations, Envoy Class Etc?
757 transatlantic routes are to be sold as coach like AA and their BOS-SNN route. I believe only elites and full fare can get the business class seats, however the service is like coach. There are fewer seats altogether than the current domestic 757 config.

I'm thrilled to hear about the new cities! :up: This is definitely a step in the right direction. It does amaze me how some of the people on this board spelled this out weeks ago. So let me ask, what are the chances of something like this happening in CLT? Could we maybe get CDG back?

outstanding news!!! my confidence is beginning to improve...
let's just be cautious and avoid dispersing our fflyers to other carriers before these new services begin!

MXP
LIS
ARN
SNN
GLA
MAD
AMS
MUC
LGW 1 PHL 1 CLT
MAN
FRA 2 PHL 1 CLT
FCO
CDG
BCN
DUB
VCE
With above I count 19 Flights a day. There are 10 767's and 9 A330's which equal 19. Why would they need to use the 757, just put that on the SJU routes to replace the odd 767.

With above I count 19 Flights a day. There are 10 767's and 9 A330's which equal 19. Why would they need to use the 757, just put that on the SJU routes to replace the odd 767.

I would think at least 1 330 and 1 767 spare would be a pretty good idea !

Regards

LGA777

You know, it'd be nice if they'd maybe mention the new service on usairways.com instead of having to go find it in the press release section of americawest.com. :p

Looks like the J fares have been wiped out of the routes now using 57's. Aircraft still says 67 though

Hmmm....what are they going to do for the pax that already booked?
In Sabre it still says 767. It's weird, this morning they were selling 24 Envoy seats on GLA and SNN then this afternoon the authorization went down to 0. Coach was still the same at 176 which is a 767 (due to crew rest seats) and it said 767. Weird, maybe because it is going to be 757 and they have not changed it yet. What is the capacity going to be on these 757's? I think something more is up, I read something last night about 3 757's 2 330's and 25 190's. The 190 came true so maybe they are trying to finalize a few more things before they open their mouth. Not trying to spread any $#!^ or start a rumor but I did read that on here last night I think.

You need to allow for mtc checks and issues. You can't have 19 airplanes and schedule them to fly 19 routes. You need to account for checks and unscheduled MTC items.

If there is a MTC item on the A330 that effects ETOPS, you generally need a Domestic verification flight to re-certify it as ETOPS. Using the PHL-SJU flight qualifies as a Domestic verification flight.

In Sabre it still says 767. It's weird, this morning they were selling 24 Envoy seats on GLA and SNN then this afternoon the authorization went down to 0. Coach was still the same at 176 which is a 767 (due to crew rest seats) and it said 767. Weird, maybe because it is going to be 757 and they have not changed it yet. What is the capacity going to be on these 757's? I think something more is up, I read something last night about 3 757's 2 330's and 25 190's. The 190 came true so maybe they are trying to finalize a few more things before they open their mouth. Not trying to spread any $#!^ or start a rumor but I did read that on here last night I think.

If they are in fact going to keep the 757 configuration at 8/185 and not sell the 8 seats as Envoy, then zeroing out the J class is the right thing to do. Everything will probably be corrected in the next schedule load - usually happens on a Sat. That is where the equipment codes will change, the J class removed and the call backs to the cusotmers booked in Envoy made to inform them of the change in service. Any customer that is not happy with the new service would be offered alternative travel arrangements.

Well are they going to use our East 757's, the TZ 757's (reconfigured or not), or the HP 757's?

OK pay attention.....you will be quizzed on this later.

MXP - 767 daily year round service
LIS - 757 (ex ATA) 4X per week allows for 757 overnights in PHL 3x a week for maintenance
ARN - 767 daily seasonal service
SNN - starts with 767 in May then 757 (ex ATA) in June (seasonal)
GLA - starts with 767 in May then 757 (ex ATA) in June (seasonal)
MAD - A330 for the summer then back to 767 in the winter
AMS - 767 daily
MUC - 767 daily
LGW 1 PHL 1 CLT -both A330s
MAN - A330
FRA 2 PHL 1 CLT - 1 767 and 2 A330s
FCO - A330
CDG - A330
BCN - 767 (seasonal)
DUB - 767 (seasonal)
VCE - 767 (seasonal)

thats 8 - A330s (allows one overnight in PHL)
8 - 767s ( allows 2 overnights for maintenance)
3 - 757s (ex ATA ETOPS) allows one to overnight every other night for maintenance

Total of 19 transatlantic flights
18 on the nights one 757 overnights.

You need to allow for mtc checks and issues. You can't have 19 airplanes and schedule them to fly 19 routes. You need to account for checks and unscheduled MTC items.

If there is a MTC item on the A330 that effects ETOPS, you generally need a Domestic verification flight to re-certify it as ETOPS. Using the PHL-SJU flight qualifies as a Domestic verification flight.
OK, that makes alot of sense, I figured that there must have been a reason.

I just don't understand why can't LH fly the PHL-MUC route to free up a 767, LH does CLT-MUC. But if they are making money on it, why stop. Go for it.

Does it state that DUB/SNN will be year round service or is that to be determined yet?

3 - 757s (ex ATA ETOPS) allows one to overnight every other night for maintenance

Have we actually acquired 3 ATA 757s? News of this was not spread at work and usually this type of news gets around quickly. If we have acquired them it will be interesting where the maintenance program goes for these 57s...to the East or West?

With all these European flights, you US folks deserve to feel good about your company
(Given the MASS ABORTION jobs you've gone thru these past years)

Good luck !

1 question please.

How many 330's are in the fleet ?
Any others on order ??

thanx,

NH/BB's

Back