It's official!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Owens said:

As far as having to fly 40 hours each month, well do Professional Flight Attendants really want this to be a part time job? Lets face it if they aren't putting in 40 hours a month its not their primary income. 
[SIZE=12pt]LAA [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Thresholds[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The 420-hour annual threshold for sick and vacation benefits will continue to be in place until the implementation of PBS. The Company is currently estimating that PBS will be implemented in 2017. Therefore, for now, Flight Attendants must maintain an average of thirty-five (35) paid hours in each active month in order to accrue sick and vacation benefits for the following year.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]As a reminder, beginning January 1, 2015, there will no longer be a threshold to maintain Company subsidized health benefits.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Also, there is no annual threshold to maintain employment. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]LAA [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]40-Hour Monthly Limitation - 10.E.3.b and 10.G.3.b[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The 40 hour monthly scheduling limitation will become effective concurrently with PBS. The Company is currently estimating that PBS will be implemented in 2017.

https://www.apfa.org/hotline/hotline-archives-for-2015/january-2015-hotline/3345-1-02-15d[/SIZE]

Reactions: 1 person
Bob Owens said:
But Parker did. So technically by voting it down what did they lose? So all the Yes voters who said that the No voters just cost them $82 million were wrong and from what has been claimed here they still have the adjuster from the award should the aggregate be shifted beyond what AA gave. The rejection may have even been a factor in the subsequent 4% that Parker threw out there after realizing that his plans were not going to be a slam dunk. 

As far as having to fly 40 hours each month, well do Professional Flight Attendants really want this to be a part time job? Lets face it if they aren't putting in 40 hours a month its not their primary income.
Technically management GAVE the FAs an extra $82m, were you counting on that when you advocated a no vote? Arbitrator said NO to me too clauses technically all the no voters did was restrict the schedule of FAs that don't want to work. I agree with you on that point, why negotiate a contract for people who don't want to work, negotiate a contract for FAs who work schedule and more.

Then again who needs a union when management is going to GIVE you better then what you negotiate for, "technically" that's what happened.

bigjets said:
Technically management GAVE the FAs an extra $82m, were you counting on that when you advocated a no vote? Arbitrator said NO to me too clauses technically all the no voters did was restrict the schedule of FAs that don't want to work. I agree with you on that point, why negotiate a contract for people who don't want to work, negotiate a contract for FAs who work schedule and more.

Then again who needs a union when management is going to GIVE you better then what you negotiate for, "technically" that's what happened.
You need a Union because without them you never would have reached what you're being given at the moment in the first place. That upward motion started long before you and I were born. 

Delta wouldn't be anywhere near where they are today if they didn't keep up to the Union rates over the years in their attempt to keep Unions out.

And that's not even speaking about all the tangibles to having a clear CBA against what the company can and cannot do to you. "Priceless"

Bob Owens said:
But Parker did. So technically by voting it down what did they lose? So all the Yes voters who said that the No voters just cost them $82 million were wrong and from what has been claimed here they still have the adjuster from the award should the aggregate be shifted beyond what AA gave. The rejection may have even been a factor in the subsequent 4% that Parker threw out there after realizing that his plans were not going to be a slam dunk. 

Still trying to push the "vote no" is the way to go.

Crikey Mate! Your argument is the F/A's that voted no were right because even though they voted that way, they still received what was voted down. That such a ridiculous argument, especially from someone that usually preaches we can't trust the company because if they give you something then they want something back.

They voted no and lost in arbitration. They received the $80M because the company gave it to them, they didn't win it. They received the 4% because the company gave it to them, they didn't win it. They got those items despite voting no. If they would have voted, yes they'd be in the same position they are today, with less stress and less animosity.

Reactions: 1 person
Particularly the animosity.  I've got no patience with those who voted NO, or didn't even bother to vote.  They are not permitted to #### in my presence.  (Of course, that usually means that I'm the one who has to walk away, because the bitchers are gonna #### regardless of the situation or the facts.)

(Interesting automatic editing.  Not judgin', just sayin'.)

WeAAsles said:
You need a Union because without them you never would have reached what you're being given at the moment in the first place. That upward motion started long before you and I were born. 
Delta wouldn't be anywhere near where they are today if they didn't keep up to the Union rates over the years in their attempt to keep Unions out.
And that's not even speaking about all the tangibles to having a clear CBA against what the company can and cannot do to you. "Priceless"
$43 an hour for line mech
10 holidays at x2
10sick

$36 an hr
5 holiday at X1.5
5 sick 1/2 pay first day

Which one is union?

If we had the APA or apfa or even AMFA I would agree, we have a union that doesn't represent my profession in any sense.

Reactions: 2 people
NYer said:

Still trying to push the "vote no" is the way to go.

Crikey Mate! Your argument is the F/A's that voted no were right because even though they voted that way, they still received what was voted down. That such a ridiculous argument, especially from someone that usually preaches we can't trust the company because if they give you something then they want something back.

They voted no and lost in arbitration. They received the $80M because the company gave it to them, they didn't win it. They received the 4% because the company gave it to them, they didn't win it. They got those items despite voting no. If they would have voted, yes they'd be in the same position they are today, with less stress and less animosity.
Who would have lost in the end if the arbitration ruling was enforced? The company!  What good is a profitable corporation when employee moral is tanked? The company did give them something and yes the company does want something in return. Team players not disgruntled ones. You cant always say no but encouraging a yes vote every time is even worse.  

bigjets said:
$43 an hour for line mech
10 holidays at x2
10sick

$36 an hr
5 holiday at X1.5
5 sick 1/2 pay first day

Which one is union?

If we had the APA or apfa or even AMFA I would agree, we have a union that doesn't represent my profession in any sense.
I know, I know (Let's ignore all those jobs under the title of your class and craft that you DON"T want)

Actually when the NMB gives you the opportunity you should vote NO UNION then. If you vote for AMFA you're stuck with the status quo of keeping all those jobs until you get a CBA and can get rid of them.

If you guys vote no Union the company will probably give you what you want much quicker I would have to believe.

Just don't EVER be vocal against the company, tuck in your shirt, cut your hair, mind your P's and Q's and be the good little wrench turner that the company will demand you to be. (Especially if you're in one of those Right To Work States)

Good luck with that.

WeAAsles said:
I know, I know (Let's ignore all those jobs under the title of your class and craft that you DON"T want)
Actually when the NMB gives you the opportunity you should vote NO UNION then. If you vote for AMFA you're stuck with the status quo of keeping all those jobs until you get a CBA and can get rid of them.
If you guys vote no Union the company will probably give you what you want much quicker I would have to believe.
Just don't EVER be vocal against the company, tuck in your shirt, cut your hair, mind your P's and Q's and be the good little wrench turner that the company will demand you to be. (Especially if you're in one of those Right To Work States)
Good luck with that.
You mean being a good employee, who does the tasks assigned.

I do the work assigned to me, I have never been told to do or sign anything that is unsafe or just wrong. The vote no coalition has cost me about $40k in cash alone sense 2010, the twu took some of my equity, who knows when we will get a raise again, not because of the management but because of two unions more concerned with dues then in my pay, benefits, or quality of life.

The only perk we have is our CS policy, and that is company provided not something that is in my contract. What is in my contract? I lease my uniforms, half pay sick pay, .01 cent shift diff. It's been that way for about 12 years now.

bigjets said:
You mean being a good employee, who does the tasks assigned.
If you were to go non Union good luck getting the company to think about you that way. You can think whatever you want about yourself, I'm sure they won't think the same.

On Tuesday, Hedges made an attempt to appeal the firing, but he was not optimistic.

“The way the Delta appeals process works, there’s not much hope of success,” said Hedges. “The people who fired me are the people who judge me.”

http://www.startribune.com/local/285302471.html

WeAAsles said:
If you were to go non Union good luck getting the company to think about you that way. You can think whatever you want about yourself, I'm sure they won't think the same.

On Tuesday, Hedges made an attempt to appeal the firing, but he was not optimistic.

“The way the Delta appeals process works, there’s not much hope of success,” said Hedges. “The people who fired me are the people who judge me.”
http://www.startribune.com/local/285302471.html
Quite simply AA has an investment in me with all the training and experience I have gained over the past couple of decades. You union guys fail to see that, but go around saying if there was no union, they would fire all of us. I doubt it, and I'm willing to vote no union. I'll be fine, a good work ethic trumps a guy who works harder at getting out of work then acutually working.

I see more scare tactics coming from the union then management. Look at bobs quote, management has taken all this away from you, when in actuality the union has voted in everything that has happened to us. I'm more scared of the union then of aa, AA pays me, the union takes from me.

bigjets said:
Quite simply AA has an investment in me with all the training and experience I have gained over the past couple of decades. You union guys fail to see that, but go around saying if there was no union, they would fire all of us. I doubt it, and I'm willing to vote no union. I'll be fine, a good work ethic trumps a guy who works harder at getting out of work then acutually working.

I see more scare tactics coming from the union then management. Look at bobs quote, management has taken all this away from you, when in actuality the union has voted in everything that has happened to us. I'm more scared of the union then of aa, AA pays me, the union takes from me.
Can I guess that you just might be a conservative who lives somewhere in the South or middle of the Country? Fox news?

WeAAsles said:
Can I guess that you just might be a conservative who lives somewhere in the South or middle of the Country? Fox news?
Actually just the opposite, weird right.

I just see the twu as a wasted investment I'm being FORCED to pay for, with less then stellar negotiateing or representing skills. Sense amfa can't seem to get the votes I would rather be non union then twu.

bigjets said:
Actually just the opposite, weird right.
I just see the twu as a wasted investment I'm being FORCED to pay for, with less then stellar negotiateing or representing skills. Sense amfa can't seem to get the votes I would rather be non union then twu.
Sorry you feel that way. Well if you ever get your way I wish you the best then. Hope that grass winds up being greener on the other side in your mind then. Hard to come back if you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.