Jeff Hayden ? The Committee?

Ramp Rogue

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
The IAM had nothing to do with that so I guess maybe you do need to go further. Bottom line on seniority is what ever date you have now you will continue to use. If you are unhappy with that you can voice your concerns with the committee.

Jeff,

Just who is the committee? and how do I get in touch with them? If everything should be decided by a vote, why doesn't everything include seniority?

Rogue

Everyone needs to take action now or it will be a mute point!
Its not about what you bring to the table, its about being equitable.
If an AGC spouts "Allegheny-Mohawk LPP" ask that person to expain the provisions.
Better yet read it for yourself.

Precedents exist within our own company.

(this is part of an award that detailed seniority)
In the Matter of the Arbitration Between:

Before Robert B. Harris, Esq

Finally, one must consider, in terms of fairness and equity, the resulting shape and impact of the merged seniority list. The equities, in this regard, favor the East group. As indicated earlier, the U.S. Airways Dispatchers are considerably more senior then their West counterparts. The arithmetic placement proposed by Local 542 would devitalize the existing Airways seniority list by granting substantial, and in some cases monumental seniority leaps that cannot be justified by the record in this case. For example, senior-most AWA Dispatcher Brenda Cozzen has an A.D. (occupational) date of January 1985. By the West proposal, she would be slotted directly above an East employee with almost six years greater seniority. This pattern is repeated down through position #81, where Dispatcher Lopez would gain more than ten years’ advantage over his counterpart, and so it continues through to the end of the list, with West employees receiving twelve, thirteen and fourteen year advantages. [28] As the East notes, [29] the junior-most West employee did not begin work as an AWA Dispatcher until November of 2005, after both execution and approval of the merger agreement.

There are other equity considerations. According to the evidence, West Dispatchers were, under their previous agreement, accorded seniority as of their Occupational Dates rather then their date of hire into the class or craft. However, under the Airways contract, and under East’s integration proposal, they will receive dates consistent with their date of hire into the class or craft. As such, the first nineteen workers on the AWA seniority list will receive more seniority than they had pre-merger, in some cases as much as thirteen years. [30]

In summary, based on these findings, the conclusion is that fairness and equity in this case militates strongly toward a date of hire list. On the one hand, this outcome may consign certain West employees to furlough and will, of course, make them more vulnerable, based on their relative seniority, to later displacements. But that is, after all, the essence of length-of-tenure based seniority, which, in this particular case, heavily favors the older U.S. Airways work force.

That the date of hire approach has been adopted by other unionized groups in both companies is, in and of itself, by no means dispositive; the facts and relative equities of each of the affected groups ultimately are what will determine a given outcome. In this case, those elements favor the East group, for the reasons set forth above. Accordingly, the finding is that the date of hire method is more fair and equitable and it is hereby awarded.
AWARD

The date of hire method of seniority integration proposed by the U.S. Airways Dispatchers is awarded.
RICHARD I. BLOCH, ESQ. April 26, 2007

Prior to 1999 US East received 1/2 of their part time towards their total seniority unless they came from another classification. West employees
received date of hire under the TWU contract unless they came in from another classification. Non-Contract West employees in PHX and LAS
performing tower and weight and balance work are coming into the group out of classification.
The only way the group can integrate seniority without tipping the scale towards any group would be to decide weather to adjust the seniority
of everyone to 1/2 seniority credit prior to 1999 or give everyone date of hire.

Maybe the IAM should allow a separate vote for the seniority issue since we have separate integration committees.
Again, we have to act now!

Just for the record, so you don't sound like an idiot :blink: in the future....I believe the proper term here is MOOT point. :lol:

Just for the record, so you don't sound like an idiot :blink: in the future....I believe the proper term here is MOOT point. :lol:

touche!

BTW'

Members of the Committee are:
Nate Gushi - USA - LAX
Vinny Capitani - USA - TPA
Larry Sano - USA - CLP - PIT
Pat Rezler - AW - PHX
Steve Willis - AW - LAS
Ed Turner - AW - LAX

Grand Lodge reps. are Rich Johnson and Tom Regan.

Now that Jeff has takin his ball and gone home, there appears to be a few left open questions that many still feel need to be addressed.

I was wondering perhaps you Tim could comment on a few of Jeffs last replies so we the readers could see your take on his position.

Thanks

RoadTrip

Now that Jeff has takin his ball and gone home, there appears to be a few left open questions that many still feel need to be addressed.

I was wondering perhaps you Tim could comment on a few of Jeffs last replies so we the readers could see your take on his position.
Thanks

RoadTrip
I heard that if one can get up in Jeff's grill that one will eventually be able to get some things out of him. I tried to get Jeff to FINALLY recognize that the membership voted this down because it was inequitable. Jeff finally admitted that. Further I wanted to get Jeff to speak for the entire negotiations team and admit that they could do no better. Jeff finally did admit this by saying, "What I do know is that we negotiated the best agreement that we could." I see no further use of this negotiations team. The best they could do was come up with an unfair and inequitable deal.

a few other sidebar topics Jeff discussed:

Item 1: I am not on Dave Lolly's christmas card list and he isn't on mine. That wasn't my point to Jeff. Bottom line is that everyone knew Lolly would finally cave in and ink his name to the sweetheart deal also. My point to Jeff was that at least Lolly doesn't talk down to workers.

Item 2: Hayden bust me for 'sitting behind a keyboard' and NOT being involved. There is much I could say but I'll leave it at the following. Hayden sits on a committee that I was once on for 7 years, the difference was that he was never elected and I was every time. I also represented 5,000 workers as a DL delegate for the IAM's biggest local, many of which were United employees. It was a great honor for the United workers to elect me to join their committee.

I also coordinated a district lodge election ticket that ran against Boss Canale. The IAM was found to be in criminal violation and the DOL ruled against the IAM on this. It took alot of time and work but myself and others were determined to go up against the IAM at the DOL to show the IAM that they just couldn't run over its members.

I don't have any idea how long Jeff Hayden has been involved in Labor, maybe a year or two tops, I never heard of Jeff Hayden until Boss Canale appointed him on the negotiations team. I've been involved in labor since 1986 and even when I'm on the keyboard, you know who I am. I'm not saying people have always agreed with me but I've been involed with labor like forever. I've been published by various labor magazines and syndicated artiles also. Again, just defending myself from punks like hayden.

Item 3: Hayden avoids back pay talk. The truth is that I heard hayden say the company may drag out any arbitration award for 2+ years. I was on speaker phone in one of the units when he made his infamous speech. PHL guys also know he said this. He can come on here all he wants and say he didn't, whatever. My point to Jeff was on back pay. I didn't ask him his opinion on back pay, only that he would put out the numbers of any back pay. Nobody knows 100% if we will win this arbitration but Jeff needs to put out all the facts and potential facts and leave his personal opinion out of it. Jeff knows that any arbitration award will place the violation at the date of violation. This means backpay unless Mr Hayden decides to flush it down the john or negotiate it away with another piss clam transition agreement. Mr. Hayden has an agenda and that is why he refuses to discuss back pay. He should leave his agenda and opinion out of it and discuss back pay with his membership since back pay is very real. He should also quit talking about the grievance as only being around $30 million. Even Parker admits it is worth up to $627 million.

FWIW: back pay would be a lock unless hayden and the IAM negotiate it away. Any grievance won would be paid back towards when the violation started. Parker would not be getting a 'free pass' for the past 2 years.
Even though Hayden admits he disagrees with me and past case history, he refuses to talk about the wage rates that include 4.5% wage boost and back pay, he still needs to inform his members.
Now for my opinion. I think Hayden and the IAM will negotiate any award down the john. We are on to them and our network will make sure this doesn't happen. That's why Hayden doesn't want his members to know about back pay and 4.5% boost in pay. Otherwise, why wouldn't he at least put out the positive numbers instead of his 'gloom and doom' rhetoric how the company is going to drag things out 2+ years if an arbitration award is given.

Question the PHL members need to be asking Jeff Hayden. Why do you not believe Parker will have to pay us our back pay for the last two years of the violation?

Gotta jet for now.

regards,

Tim,

I saw that Grand Lodge Representative Tom Regan was assigned
to the Seniority Integration Committee. Was he not the one who
was involved in the SENIORITY lawsuit and lost the
case for the IAM? Was it not:

Gary H Ramey, et al. v. District 141, IAMAW, et al.

I think the IAM had to pay out millions of dues dollars in this case.
Can you confirm this? And wasn't the issue about the IAM taking
away seniority from certain integrated mechanics? :huh:

Its not about what you bring to the table, its about being equitable.
If an AGC spouts "Allegheny-Mohawk LPP" ask that person to expain the provisions.
Better yet read it for yourself.

Precedents exist within our own company.

(this is part of an award that detailed seniority)
In the Matter of the Arbitration Between:

MOD NOTE: AGAIN, Do NOT quote ENTIRE lengthy posts in your replies, ESPECIALLY when your reply is on the same page or immediately following the post you are quoting........

Thank You Redeye,

Now that some of the true facts and precedents are beginning to surface, we as employees can begin to apply the pressure to the iam and its negotiating committees. Once we are finally awarded DOH for all ramp employees, everyone will be able to understand why it is so necessary. I do believe that we all know that there is another merger coming somewhere down the line. If it is with another unionized workforce, locked in DOH seniority for all US employees is unquestionable.

Tim,

I saw that Grand Lodge Representative Tom Regan was assigned
to the Seniority Integration Committee. Was he not the one who
was involved in the SENIORITY lawsuit and lost the
case for the IAM? Was it not:

Gary H Ramey, et al. v. District 141, IAMAW, et al.

I think the IAM had to pay out millions of dues dollars in this case.
Can you confirm this? And wasn't the issue about the IAM taking
away seniority from certain integrated mechanics? :huh:
A good friend of mine, Greg Nelson, was the lead attorney who won millions from the IAM when the IAM hosed the trump shuttle workers. I'm familiar with the players but not the case.

regards,

Hi Tim,
Just cant wait to here the outcome of this arbitration.
NIce to see you back in here.

Tim,
What state is Greg Nelson located in?

Rogue
I stopped in to say hello to him a few years ago when he was in Manhattan. I haven't spoken to him much since but someone told me he isn't in Manhattan anymore. Try googling him and you should get your answer. It was funny when we were talking because Greg beat the IAM and Tom Regan I believe, to the tune of millions and millions of dollars for the trump shuttle employees who the IAM violated. I believe Greg has so much passion against the IAm that if he were called that he would be more than happy to go up against the IAM. However, he was not my first choice and I haven't actually talked to him about 'current' issues.

Our network has the ear of the best DFR RLA attorney in the Nation and although I really respect Nelson, this dude beat ALPA more than once. If you can beat ALPA twice then you can beat anyone.

You can google the law offices of Michael Haber and ALPA and you should find some articles. I have spoken to Michael on a few occasions and he was given 'key' documents. Anyways, Nuff said for now.

regards,

Tim,

I've located Michael Haber, but I can't seem to find anything on Greg Nelson and the iam case. Would you happen to know the case number or anything pertaining to the case that might help to locate him?

Thanks, Rogue

What does DFR RLA stand for?

Latest posts

Back