13- Delta Air Lines ... 75.6
14- Alaska Airlines ... 73.8
15- Continental Airlines ... 72.9
16- Atlantic Southeast Airlines ... 71.7
17- US Airways ... 68.5
18- AirTran Airways ... 67.4
19- JetBlue Airways ... 63.3
(Average: 76.9 for March)

Sidebar: There is a disturbing trend developing here for JetBlue Airways, in case you haven't noticed. For November, 2004, JetBlue had the second-best record of the 19 reporting airlines for on-time performance. Since then, the bottom has fallen out for JetBlue. For December 2004, JetBlue dropped to 16th (out of 19) with a mark of 67.5%. The following month, January 2005, JetBlue had the worst on-time record of all 19 carriers, posting a terrible on-time mark of 63.1% and for February, they were again near the bottom, coming in at 17th place with a mark of 71.8%. Now for March, as you've just read, JetBlue is once again at the very bottom in the on-time category. Growing pains?

From an e-letter...........

:shock:

Oh give me a break.........this from a US employee?!? I fly JetBlue to work EVERY single trip and we've never been late. Never! Give up your witch hunt, this is a wonderful airline and we can all learn from them.

Fly, you're saying the numbers are wrong? What does your data say (on a systemwide level; not just the couple of flights you have happened to be on)?

Not sure how much you want to "learn" from them, unless you want to be doing transcon turns, which apparently will often be late making a long duty day even longer ...

Face it; if true, a 63% on-time rate is pretty bad.

I have no idea which flights it is on. I just know, for a fact, that EVERY SINGLE TIME I fly them (which is, unfortunately, all the time) they are on time on the route I fly.

I love them.

Fly said:
Oh give me a break.........this from a US employee?!? I fly JetBlue to work EVERY single trip and we've never been late. Never! Give up your witch hunt, this is a wonderful airline and we can all learn from them.
[post="266720"][/post]​

Nope. but i guess i touched a nerve??

:shock:

I don't think I'd call it 'touching a nerve' but I do find it sad that employees from other carriers try to bash anyone within reach when their own airline could really use a lesson in how to deliver quality customer service (such as JetBlues service).

You seem bitter Sky...did they turn you down for an interview? Do you blame them?

I think the point though is that a 63% OT rate is NOT "quality customer service," even though they can still do no wrong in the eyes of the popular media.

Certainly if that was UA's performance, we would be hearing comments like "No wonder y'all are going out of business!" and it would be presented as yet one more example of how UA is so screwed up.

Bear96 said:
I think the point though is that a 63% OT rate is NOT "quality customer service," even though they can still do no wrong in the eyes of the popular media.

Certainly if that was UA's performance, we would be hearing comments like "No wonder y'all are going out of business!" and it would be presented as yet one more example of how UA is so screwed up.
[post="266843"][/post]​

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner!

Once you get past the headlines, B6 suffered from the "having all your eggs in one basket" problem.

If you look at the causes of the delays, B6 was around industry average except for two related catagories - ATC & late arriving aircraft. These are related because once the aircraft gets late it's more likely the following flight(s) for that aircraft will be late. In these two catagories, B6 was about twice the industry average - about twice the percentage of flights affected by these factors.

JFK, being the "hub" of operations, has about half of the system arrivals and B6 had a 60.9% OT rate there. Just goes to show how one airport can have an effect when so many of an airlines flights go thru there, as is the case with B6.

Jim

Jetblue has a number of "facility" problems. ie not enough gates. This causes a backup and many times planes are waiting for gates. They also have a customer friendly attitude. They would rather take a late than miss a connection or leave bags behind if they can help it. I think you will find the numbers comming up in the months ahead as they work through their gate problems. :)

Maybe you could tell us what route you fly, and we could just watch that city pair. I fly SWA and AWA a lot and seem to run about their norm for on time at about 80%. To me I don't get that worked up when it is late, just roll with it. It is not like they are out to make us late on purpose. Just my thoughts.........

whlinder said:
I remember how they used to call themselves New York City's most ontime airline (or something like that) when they were very new...
[post="266787"][/post]​
AA use to advertise "The ontime Machine". You don't see this statement in any of their advertising anymore either.

Latest posts