Jim Cook For President?

RUM@AA

Advanced
Oct 12, 2002
The TWU according to former local 514 VP Jim Cook:

FIGHT FOR CHANGE!
In his book "Downsize This " Michael Moore said "Our labor leaders seem to have forgotten an important lesson we learned in elementary school: if you give a bully what the bully wants, the bully doesn't become your friend-he just wants more because he knows he can get it."
Where is that statement truer than with the TWU International? Probably nowhere, but we can change our TWU so that it will be fully responsive to the needs of its members. We must be willing to make this happen. No one will represent us the way that we deserve unless we demand it and make clear what our needs are and take action if our representatives don't.
Moore went on, "So what happened to our union leaders? Why did they go soft? Did they get accustomed to their $100,000 a-year jobs and plush offices, forgetting where they came from? Or did we, as union members, forget our responsibility to remain vigilant?"
In the TWU, most International officers salaries are more than twice that of members whom they represent. 'The TWU vice president who is the AA contract coordinator pulls in over $135,000 annually. In addition to this, his expensive SUV and car expenses are paid for, even for personal use. He travels the American Airline system on an A-5 pass and his spouse travels on the same pass for personal as well as business trips. His pass classification is better than all but the highest airline officials. Where is his loyalty? What price did we, the membership pay for his perks?

AMFA supporters have been saying this for YEARS. Yet TWUers deny and excuse these International abuses.

Cook goes on:
The answer is obvious.
We must make changes in our union so that those who represent us are elected by the rank and file membership and not appointed by the International president. We can do this at the next convention If our local leadership Is willing to work hard for meaningful change. Our job is to remain ever vigilant.
With Our Support
Jim Cook
Will Get The Job Done

1989 - Ed Wilson tried and failed
1993 - Local 100's New Directions Group tried and failed
1997 - Local 565 tried and got shot down before the Convention
2001 - Dennis Burchette tried and got welcomed into the "good ole boy" network with a doubling of his salary and an International position.

Does anyone really believe Sonny Hall and Jim Little will allow us the right to remove them from office and their six figure salaries? GET REAL!
The AMFA Constitution gives us the power we seek over elected leaders.
What is so hard to understand?
CIO, TWUer and the rest are just trying to get into the unaccountable good ole boy network by being mouthpieces for Hall and Little and the rest.

TWU MUST GO!

RUM@AA said:
Does anyone really believe Sonny Hall and Jim Little will allow us the right to remove them from office and their six figure salaries? GET REAL!
The AMFA Constitution gives us the power we seek over elected leaders.
What is so hard to understand?
CIO, TWUer and the rest are just trying to get into the unaccountable good ole boy network by being mouthpieces for Hall and Little and the rest.[/i][/b]
Yep, If you understood the constitution and the current workings going on internally you would know this is possible!

Get the Facts Learn the truth!!! Dont be fooled by the half-truths Amfa is famous for!!!!!

Note: Make a motion at the local level to have the convention delegates put this forward at the convention. It does work!

Remember it's important on who you select for convention delegate!!!!

Rum, With your claim to the ability to recall National Officers from the AMFA, I have a question. Don't they represent 8 Airlines? Would it take 25% signatures of those 8 Airlines to recall a National Officer? Do you believe all the other AMFA members would support such a quest? I don't think so...!!! In respect to the recall of a Regional Director. How does AMFA interpret a region? Could the continent of North America be considered a region? Would those Locals within the region have a say in the matter?

Just curious....

-----------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

High Speed Steel said:
Rum, With your claim to the ability to recall National Officers from the AMFA, I have a question. Don't they represent 8 Airlines? Would it take 25% signatures of those 8 Airlines to recall a National Officer? Do you believe all the other AMFA members would support such a quest? I don't think so...!!! In respect to the recall of a Regional Director. How does AMFA interpret a region? Could the continent of North America be considered a region? Would those Locals within the region have a say in the matter?

Just curious....

That's quite comlicated HSS. I hope that the wannabes can answer that for you!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Should be interesting. . .

High Speed Steel said:

Just curious....

Anyone with half a brain and reading ability knows that each Local under AMFA has more than one airline employee group within the local.

It is just like the Constitution states and not at all "complicated" (except for a few braindead). 25% of the Locals, not 25% of the Airlines.

The "regions" are also spelled out in the Constitution.

For some that claim to have read the Constitution, your questions leave no doubt to those have read it, that you have not read it, or cannot comprehend democratic control, just plain refuse to hear the truth when presented, or ALL OF THE ABOVE.

High Speed Steel said:

Just curious....

pg.44 AMFA Constitution ARTICLE VII Recall of National Officers:

Any local may initiate a petition for the recall of any National Officer, National representative, or Airline Representative/Negotiators as outlined in paragraph (B) whose views or actions, in the opinion of the local, are contrary to the goals of the association. The petition shall contain specific charges against the officer or representative and shall require the endorsement affixed to the petition of twent-five percent (25%) of the locals in good standing. In the case of Regional Director, the petition shall require a twenty-five percent (25%) endorsement of the locals within the region.

Pg 19 AMFA constitution. Breakdown of Regions.........

Your turn. What pages will I find the Recall of ANY officers in the twu constitution??
Thanks in advance........

Keep the Faith.........AMFA NOW!!!!

Checking it Out said:
Yep, If you understood the constitution and the current workings going on internally you would know this is possible!

Get the Facts Learn the truth!!! Dont be fooled by the half-truths Amfa is famous for!!!!!

Note: Make a motion at the local level to have the convention delegates put this forward at the convention. It does work!

Possible, but is it likely?

The best thing that we can do to help change the TWU is leave it. This will throw the balance of power to Local 100, you know, the "Communists" as per Hall and gang.

Why change wont work. All you have to do is read the minutes of the Convention of 2001 and see. Sonny called the votes as he saw fit. In one vote he called for two ayes instead of an Aye and a Nay, naturally the Ayes had it. When the floor asked which "Ayes" he said "When you get up here then you can decide"!

Another thing is that while you may think Tulsa is big with their 20 or so delegates they are nothing compared to Local 100 and only around the same size as the SWA flight attendants Local, Local 504-which is in Sonny Hall pocket, Local 234 and several other Locals. The problems that we have-International control over our contracts, is unique to us, in those other locals the locals control the contract so they do not have the same problems as we do nor would they see a reason for change. All of AA combined only make up less than a third of the TWU.

Now if you guys would be willing to hook up with a black immigrant from New York, who you claim will not salute the flag, then maybe there might be a chance. But is that going to happen? Nahhh, besides even if you did Local 100 is all split up between three factions, The New Directions-which is split in two and the Hall faction, which has most of the AA system, all of Local 504, the SWA Flight Attendants (who think that Local 100 is Communist)and Ramp workers, half of Local 234 and all of the small locals that are totally dependant on the International because they are in RTW states and dont collect enough dues to pay for a computer let alone run a local and arbitrate cases. Face it folks, it aint going to happen. In a few years Hall will put in O'Brien and the games will continue, and more new leaders will run on a campaign of "change from within" that just aint going to happen.

By the way, you never did say what you would like to change.

James T. Kirk said:
Read the truth
The Truth is that there is a recall in the AMFA constitution. Even though you have a hard time grasping this concept and many things are not "clear" to you, I know of at least 8 airlines who embrace this concept. The AMFA convention was just held and more changes by the MEMBERS are coming!!! You seem to keep missing the point that the AMFA is run by the membership!!!
I don't blame you for trying to put up such a fight against the AMFA, it is something to be worried about!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the Faith............AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop the Bus..I Want Off! said:
The Truth is that there is a recall in the AMFA constitution. Even though you have a hard time grasping this concept and many things are not "clear" to you, I know of at least 8 airlines who embrace this concept. The AMFA convention was just held and more changes by the MEMBERS are coming!!! You seem to keep missing the point that the AMFA is run by the membership!!!
I don't blame you for trying to put up such a fight against the AMFA, it is something to be worried about!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the Faith............AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I realize that the first document was quite long and I’m sure difficult for you to comprehend, so here is one more your speed.

Attachments

• AMFA_Democracy__Recall.doc
    26 KB · Views: 119
James T. Kirk said:
I realize that the first document was quite long and I’m sure difficult for you to comprehend, so here is one more your speed.
Who makes up this crap?? Anyone with any sense at all can see you're reaching on this one. And as far as the twu internationals recall is concerned, please tell me where it states the procedure for recall of the international. I have my twu constitution ready. Page and Article number so I can "comprehend". Thanks in advance..........

Lay off the AMFA-nuts and sober up!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the Faith.........AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed you ignored history, as usual:
1989 - Ed Wilson tried and failed
1993 - Local 100's New Directions Group tried and failed
1997 - Local 565 tried and got shot down before the Convention
2001 - Dennis Burchette tried and got welcomed into the "good ole boy" network with a doubling of his salary and an International position.

Just who the hell do you think you are?

I sounds to me like Bob Owens knows a hell of alot more about it than you CIO.

LEARN FROM TWU HISTORY! Sonny and Jim will NEVER surrender their power positions to you or anyone else from local 514. And you're a fool to think they will. :down:

Decision 2004 said:
Anyone with half a brain and reading ability knows that each Local under AMFA has more than one airline employee group within the local.

It is just like the Constitution states and not at all "complicated" (except for a few braindead). 25% of the Locals, not 25% of the Airlines.
Wow Decision 2004, Quite a nasty reply to a legitimate question. Oh well, I expected it...! What do you mean by many airline employee groups represented under one Local? Is it a requirement to merge with other airline represented groups to be organized under AMFA? Do they take turns with conducting membership meetings? Who is in charge? You know the President..! Is he from Horizon, Southwest, Northwest, United, etc. Or is he the representative from the " Job Fair" looking for good Bus Mechanics...? Is all of the business conducted as one entity? Or are there several meetings conducted from one shared facility?

Oh yeah, After reading some of the attatchments within this thread about the recall thing on AMFA's National Officers, it seems to be riddled with alot of complications!......Thanks James T. for the info......

Woops, Sorry about the "Job Fair guy". I guess I can be a smart a$$ too.....!!!!

------------------------------------

High Speed Steel said:
Wow Decision 2004, Quite a nasty reply to a legitimate question. Oh well, I expected it...! What do you mean by many airline employee groups represented under one Local? Is it a requirement to merge with other airline represented groups to be organized under AMFA? Do they take turns with conducting membership meetings? Who is in charge? You know the President..! Is he from Horizon, Southwest, Northwest, United, etc. Or is he the representative from the " Job Fair" looking for good Bus Mechanics...? Is all of the business conducted as one entity? Or are there several meetings conducted from one shared facility?

Oh yeah, After reading some of the attatchments within this thread about the recall thing on AMFA's National Officers, it seems to be riddled with alot of complications!......Thanks James T. for the info......

Woops, Sorry about the "Job Fair guy". I guess I can be a smart a$$ too.....!!!!

------------------------------------
Doesnt, or should I say didnt, Local 514 represent workers from other companies, in fact other industries? How did fishing reels relate to aviation?

Smart ass? Leave out the smart and you got it right!

Wow Tabloid Bob, Nice reply! How about your opinon on the unclear recall process for National Officers within the AMFA? How effective is the language? Has it ever been used? Why is Delle still in charge? Did you observe the links in this thread and see the complications that the AMFA represented members have to deal with for this unclear process? You know we are talking about 8 airlines, and let me get this right this time. It takes a petition, with the endorsement of 25% of the Locals in good standing....!!!

Go ahead and "Spew some Blue" on my post and tell me about it...!!!!

-----------------------------