John Murtha Navy award poll

Considering that he earned Bronze Star with Valor, two Purple Hearts, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry and the Distinguished Navy Cross I think he has earned the right to say anything he god damn well wants to say.

As I recall learning in Civics class. People in the US have the right to speak freely in the US even if that person disagrees with the government or the majority of the people. IIRC, it's even mentioned in the USSC. I could be wrong on that last part ... feel free to look it up.

Considering that he earned Bronze Star with Valor, two Purple Hearts, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry and the Distinguished Navy Cross I think he has earned the right to say anything he god damn well wants to say.

As I recall learning in Civics class. People in the US have the right to speak freely in the US even if that person disagrees with the government or the majority of the people. IIRC, it's even mentioned in the USSC. I could be wrong on that last part ... feel free to look it up.

Are you high? You dont know who Murtha really is do you?

Murtha is an embarrassment. :down:

Yes I do. He is the holder of the Bronze Star with Valor, two Purple Hearts, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry and the Distinguished Navy Cross. That earns him quite a bit of leeway in my book.

Frank Wuterich was charged with several counts of murder which were later dropped by the same organization that he was employed by. No idea whether or not the charges were valid or not and given the fact that the military was the one who investigated him we will never know if the final decision was the correct one or if it was the politically expedient one.

Murtha served, Clinton got a deferment, Cheney got 5, Bush was guarding Indiana on the days he decided to show up.

Murtha an embarrassment? Nah.

Yes I do. He is the holder of the Bronze Star with Valor, two Purple Hearts, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry and the Distinguished Navy Cross. That earns him quite a bit of leeway in my book.

Frank Wuterich was charged with several counts of murder which were later dropped by the same organization that he was employed by. No idea whether or not the charges were valid or not and given the fact that the military was the one who investigated him we will never know if the final decision was the correct one or if it was the politically expedient one.

Murtha served, Clinton got a deferment, Cheney got 5, Bush was guarding Indiana on the days he decided to show up.

Murtha traded his soul and honor when he decided to sit on the hill and judge others from a distance. If that doesn't disturb you then apparently nothing does.

Murtha traded his soul and honor when he decided to sit on the hill and judge others from a distance. If that doesn't disturb you then apparently nothing does.

No more so than any other member of Congress. Why is he not entitled to his opinion? Should his constituents not agree with his position they have the constitutional authority to kick him out on his butt.

Given that the alleged crimes were never investigated by an impartial third party we will never know if what Murtha said was true or not.

Further more. I would argue that someone who sends troops in to combat with out adequate supplies and armor and then says that you go into combat with the military you have not the one you want is far more an disturbing. One who goes against the direct advise of the commanders on the field is far more disturbing.

To each his/her own.

Oh, but what you are doing is not sitting on the side and judging others from a distance? Pray explain the difference. Maybe we should just rename the Water Cooler to Dapoes has her panties in a wad again, if anyone happens to care.

Abscam honest Johnnie who with Pelosi threatened to cut off funding and tried to piss off our allie Turkey to stop shipments through their country to our Boys in harms way.

BTW...honest John is under investigation again.....looks like it may stick this time.

You do know they had him in ABSCAM but someone on another committee tipped him off.

Oh, but what you are doing is not sitting on the side and judging others from a distance? Pray explain the difference. Maybe we should just rename the Water Cooler to Dapoes has her panties in a wad again, if anyone happens to care.
I like the name change!

BTW, theres a huge difference between lil ol me talking to you on a forum, and a politician on the hill exherting influence to jail soldiers for simply doing their job. :blink:

Before an investigation into the Haditha incident was even conducted, Murtha went on numerous television news programs and announced that the Marines “went into houses and killed women and children.†He said, “There’s no question in my mind about what happened here. There was no gunfire, they killed four people in a taxi...24 people were killed.†When asked specifically if he claimed that innocent civilians were intentionally executed by Marines, he said, “That’s exactly what happened.†Not content to slander those Marines directly involved, he went on to claim that if these Marines were not punished, “other Marines would say well I’ll do the same thing.†Murtha then continued to use this incident to lobby for the immediate withdrawal of troops from Iraq, citing it as evidence that our military was incapable of winning the war.

Eight Marines were originally charged. As of March 17th, 2009 all charges were dropped against six Marines, one was found not guilty on all counts in courts martial. The prosecution has delayed the court martial of the final defendant indefinitely. The original allegations of a massacre and the statements of Congressman Murtha have been thoroughly discredited. Despite the facts, John Murtha refuses to apologize to those he slandered.

Before an investigation into the Haditha incident was even conducted, Murtha went on numerous television news programs and announced that the Marines “went into houses and killed women and children.†He said, “There’s no question in my mind about what happened here. There was no gunfire, they killed four people in a taxi...24 people were killed.†When asked specifically if he claimed that innocent civilians were intentionally executed by Marines, he said, “That’s exactly what happened.†Not content to slander those Marines directly involved, he went on to claim that if these Marines were not punished, “other Marines would say well I’ll do the same thing.†Murtha then continued to use this incident to lobby for the immediate withdrawal of troops from Iraq, citing it as evidence that our military was incapable of winning the war.

Eight Marines were originally charged. As of March 17th, 2009 all charges were dropped against six Marines, one was found not guilty on all counts in courts martial. The prosecution has delayed the court martial of the final defendant indefinitely. The original allegations of a massacre and the statements of Congressman Murtha have been thoroughly discredited. Despite the facts, John Murtha refuses to apologize to those he slandered.
I provided a source for your post.

Murtha has become a tool. He needs to just go away.

Does not matter what medals he earned. Leeway???? Where are you from? He used a public forum....Congress....Media......to accuse Marines of a CRIME!!!...albeit, the preverbial mean American War Crime! Did you ever hear of Due Process?? Do you truly understand the rights of accused under a JURY????? If you do not understand some basic tenents of how this Government is SUPPOSED to work, please do some reading. Try 8th-9th grade Basic American Government classes......Jeez...Loiuse!! :angry:

They were all aquitted BTW :up:

He claimed he got his info from the military it's self. Clinton was accused in the public forum for White Water and never convicted. What of it? The info I remember reading early on was that the military investigators had the soldiers dead to rights. Now they are all innocent. I smell something fishy.

As for being acquitted, has the military ever tried to cover up any thing in the past? Do they have any incentive to cover anything up in Iraq?

Back