Judge Rejects Deal With United's Pilots

Ut oh, the pilots get the "me too" pension that I am going to get! :shock:

Whoa...now that was unexpected. Anybody have any ideas as to where this leaves not just the pilots, but all of us.

Back to the drawing board I guess...what is the process?

Bankruptcy Judge Eugene Wedoff said several aspects of the proposed agreement would "unduly tilt the bankruptcy process," including the requirement that other unions' pension plans also be terminated.

Wedoff said he hopes the company and pilots can craft a contract based on the previous one, but he warned that he would also reject any future agreement that was tied to the elimination of other unions' pensions, saying those should be considered on their own merits.

"I come to this decision with extraordinary reluctance," Wedoff said, citing the pilots' efforts to craft an agreement and the sacrifices they have already made.

I bet it's a backdoor deal. United WANTS us to all lose our pensions AND contracts. This gives the Judge the opportunity to throw out ALL contracts this afternoon. (but they waited to let the pilots alienate themselves from the rest of the employees first)

Full Story

Fly said:
I bet it's a backdoor deal. United WANTS us to all lose our pensions AND contracts. This gives the Judge the opportunity to throw out ALL contracts this afternoon. (but they waited to let the pilots alienate themselves from the rest of the employees first)
[post="236728"][/post]​

Fly,

It doesn't look like it.

USA TODAY - Judge throws out United's new deal with pilots

The decision was a disappointment for United, spokeswoman Jean Medina said.

"We think we had an agreement that was fair and equitable," Medina said. "But as the judge indicated, we're going to sit back down at the table."

B) UT

UAL_TECH said:
Now what?
[post="236703"][/post]​

Glenn goes in front of the judge and reads the 'perfect storm' sob story (again), we all take pay and benefits cuts, management blows the savings on bonuses, 'success' sharing and high priced consultant fees to come up with yet another 'business' plan that maximizes their need for yet another salvo of mangement produced PowerPoint presentations chock full of colorful bar and scatter charts detailing how they really need one more round of givebacks.

Does that sound about right?

In a previous thread 737nCH11 said, "ALPA looks out for ALPA members, they are not charged with negotiating for your group." Apparently the judge agreed with you...by having tossed out your tentative...

kcabpilot said:
Glenn goes in front of the judge and reads the 'perfect storm' sob story (again), we all take pay and benefits cuts, management blows the savings on bonuses, 'success' sharing and high priced consultant fees to come up with yet another 'business' plan that maximizes their need for yet another salvo of mangement produced PowerPoint presentations chock full of colorful bar and scatter charts detailing how they really need one more round of givebacks.

Does that sound about right?
[post="236742"][/post]​

Yep, sounds right to me. :lol:

I'd love to see Glenn do his dog and pony show to Da'Judge!!!

View attachment 2405

And as soon as everyone capitulates, we'll have a 'sale on tickets' :up:

Just as Delta did after getting a $1 Billion cut from DALPA.

We'll continue the 'race to the bottom' as everyone will not stop lowering the limbo stick until we are all at min wage with no benefits.

Take Care,
B) UT

Thanks ALPA! :D You just made sure everybody in the industry loses their pension. :up: Nice move,volunteering to give it up. :up: Th PBGC was only happy to oblige your wishes, and now this Judge will help UAL management flush the rest. Of course, I know those people over at U.S. Air deserve some credit for voting YES for over two years straight :up: and we over here at TWU SCABLAND(AA) acknowledge that we are the concession leaders. :up:

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
Thanks ALPA! :D You just made sure everybody in the industry loses their pension. :up: Nice move,volunteering to give it up. :up: Th PBGC was only happy to oblige your wishes, and now this Judge will help UAL management flush the rest. Of course, I know those people over at U.S. Air deserve some credit for voting YES for over two years straight :up: and we over here at TWU SCABLAND(AA) acknowledge that we are the concession leaders. :up:
[post="236752"][/post]​
<_< Well princess! At least your honest about it!!!!!!! ;)

Statement from pilots union
(Off of the UAL-MEC Code-A-Phones)

While we intend to meet with the Company over the next few days to explore the consequences of the judge's decision, there can be no assurance that the parties will reach another settlement. In addition, any further agreements with United on this matter will be subject to review and decision by the full United Master Executive Council and, in all likelihood, to an additional membership ratification vote.

Ok talk tough, burn the house down, see if I care… :blink:

UAL Seeks Two-Hour Trial Delay To Negotiate With Unions

During the trial, scheduled to begin Friday, the airline would present reasons for its request for permission to terminate contracts with the two unions. Those unions are the only ones that haven't yet reached consensual agreements to cut contract costs.

That should read ‘three unions’ now. :shock:

B) UT

UAL_TECH said:
That should read ‘three unions’ now.
[post="236793"][/post]​

Actually, it should read "All unions". After the ALPA motion was denied, UA withdrew the motions for the TWU and PAFCA without prejudice. That leaves UA 0-for-6 today, in terms of TAs that are ratified and 1113&copy; motions to dismiss granted by Judge Wedoff.

Running tally (as of 18:00 Friday):
ALPA: Motion denied, seperate hearing later.
PAFCA: Motion withdrawn by UA after ALPA decision.
TWU: Motion withdrawn by UA after ALPA decision.
AFA: Negotiations ongoing.
IAM: Judge granted a temporary 11.5% paycut plus 70% sick pay.
AMFA: TA announced Friday afternoon.

Management: 8% to 15% pay cut since Jan 1.

Back