Just as I predicted

apparently your view of the world doesn't agree w/ the way the DOT measures it and they put a price tag on outsourced vs. inhouse maintenance costs. On that basis, US outsources a higher value of its maintenance than nearly every other US network/legacy airline.

Actually US does more airframe overhaul in-house than any other carrier except AA, which is now starting to outsource AO.

Component overhaul is outsourced on certain parts.

But once again US does more base mtc work than any other carrier except AA.

Yes, I guess it depends what side of the fence you sit on E. From your side and corporate america who feel it's ok to steer a company into bankruptcy only to take everything from the employees that have worked many years to gain. To demoralize a workforce to the point to where they finish at the bottom of the DOT rankings year in and year out. To smile with your parachute all the way to the bank while watching many lives be changed forever, then yep, touche' E, that's great business sense.

Pathetic!!

Horton didn't ask to be replaced. You and your peers asked for that.

Like it or not, the changes he sought weren't any different from what a lot of people had been saying all along: AA's labor costs and workrules were out of whack with its competition. You had eight years to find solutions, and could only come up with snapbacks and full pay to the last day as alternatives.

AA was performing at the bottom of the DOT rankings for years before Horton was CEO, and seems to me y'all have been bitter and demoralized since 2003.

I see all these excuses being thrown around for what was wrong at AA, but rarely does anyone hold themselves or their own contract up to any scrutiny.

It's like firing the coach over a losing season. It happens all the time in sports, but rarely changes how well you do in the next game or how you place next season. For that, you need to start replacing people on the field or changing how they're used.

Seems you guys just wanted to fire the coach and maintain your status quo.

The unions didn't like Crandall, but individuals couldn't help but be swayed/pursuaded by him when they spoke to him in person or went to a live event where he was speaking...

You didn't like Carty (who seemed to be willing to check emotion at the door and make decisions), you got Arpey.

You didn't like Arpey (who knew what had to be done but didn't want to be the one to pull the plug), you got Horton.

You don't like Horton (who managed to make the tough calls, go to the mattresses, or whatever other cliche you need to understand things...), and now you've gotten your way, for the third time in a row, before the guy even had a chance to prove whether or not the changes he'd made were going to work.

After going thru three CEO's in ten years, do you really think a fourth CEO is going to make a difference?...

I don't.

It's entirely possible that you guys really are the problem. Your contracts, your representatives, the way you've/they've approached negotiations, how everyone else is always to blame...

It never ceases to amaze me how some of you never stop pissing and moaning about how bad things are, yet are too chickenshit to actually do something about it, like replacing the representatives who made the bed you're now sleeping in... You spare no amount of criticism for those actually making the hard calls, but don't want to hold yourself accountable.

Sorry, but that's the stuff that happened at Eastern, Braniff, and Pan Am. If that's what you want, go for it. I think they still sell blinders at Tractor Supply or Farm & Fleet.

Go ahead, guys. Click the red arrows like crazy. I can handle it.

You're amazing Nostradamas.

You had a 50/50 chance and you hit it right. Simply amazing.

Pre-ordained? Not likely after seeing Horton and Parker during the press conferences and the employee Q&A.

In the eyes of those inhabiting every executive office wordwide, Horton was sliced, diced and sauteed and beaten into the ground by Parker. It wouldn't have been any worse if Horton was wearing leather chaps and a dog collar and a leash held by Doug. Horton only made appearances to secure his $$$$.

Horton wanted to take over a $1 million dollars from me. Despite that, his humiliation was so bad for a CEO that I actually felt a twinge of sympathy. (not much though)

If he got "sliced, diced and sauteed and beaten into the ground", after working here a year and pocketing an extra $20 million on top of his pay how would you describe what happened to those of us who have worked here for decades and lost all that we lost?? I could use abuse like that! Sign me up!!

If he got "sliced, diced and sauteed and beaten into the ground", after working here a year and pocketing an extra $20 million on top of his pay how would you describe what happened to those of us who have worked here for decades and lost all that we lost?? I could use abuse like that! Sign me up!!

As I said, in the eyes of those in the executive offices, not the help doing manual labor.

Ever since they stopped using the guillotine, even the worst rejection and rebuke can look like hitting the lottery to the peons.

Yes, I guess it depends what side of the fence you sit on E. From your side and corporate america who feel it's ok to steer a company into bankruptcy only to take everything from the employees that have worked many years to gain. To demoralize a workforce to the point to where they finish at the bottom of the DOT rankings year in and year out. To smile with your parachute all the way to the bank while watching many lives be changed forever, then yep, touche' E, that's great business sense.

Pathetic!!
Too Bad I can only hit the green button once.

As I said, in the eyes of those in the executive offices, not the help doing manual labor.

I don't disagree, Mach. But again, you guys wanted him gone. That comes at a price. I'm sure he'd still be willing to stick around and get paid his book rate.

544611_10151361359552971_1459606655_n.png

E, Why don't you throw that pic over in the "Water Cooler" forum where it belongs.

And just to be clear, I did not get to vote on whether our "coach" would be retained or relieved of his duties. Your buds on the board and Mr. Parker made that decision.

Best we all agree that NO POLITICAL figure head, NO POLITICAL PARTY, and NO SINGLE UNION is going to correct what is wrong. Only large quantity organized action will change where we are headed. The sooner we stop bashing each other and pretending that someone or something else will fix the issues, the sooner real change comes forth. You have been warned. Most Management folks are in no better shape than the union folks, so why do we allow ourselves to be divided by that and any other issue that is strategically used to keep against each other instead of against the real FOE? We are all just ignorant fools being played as pawns.

C'mon E, you are smarter than that. Horton, Parker = AA forum.

Obama and your dislike = political = Water Cooler.

Not all of us are idiots.

The President being The President, there aren't many places he can't go without a "lavish" expense, whether you're talking about a fully staffed and stocked motorcade or a fully staffed and stocked made-to-order 747.

Funny that that's what people are getting worked up about on the eve of the ten year anniversary of a war that cost the U.S. around $850 billion dollars and killed over 100,000 people. That really is funny.

:unsure:

In the spirit of this thread I'll make a prediction of my own: in 25 years people are going to be viscerally hating whoever AA's CEO is for some reason (it doesn't take much), remembering fondly days gone by, and wishing beloved ol' Doug would come out of retirement to run the show once more...

:lol:

Back