Knowingly assigned an "inoperative" seat on Long Haul Flight

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Ling Li, Dec 7, 2016.

1. john john

john john Contributor

Yeao_O it’s the union fault because you think the compensation that management gave was substandard

2. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

I'm sure you're very well acquainted with the concepts of substandard pay and performance, coming from USAir.

You guys dragged down the great service that Piedmont was known for in the 80's, you dragged down HP's levels in that merger, and now you've dragged down AA.

Encouraging the lowest common denominator is definitely something to be proud of.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. IORFA

IORFA Veteran

I for one have never been so embarrassed to say I work for American Airlines! It's pathetic. The worst part is that the morons from Phoenix think they're doing a good job! I've not enjoyed working here in years past, but I've never been embarrassed to say where I worked. Now I just avoid the question whenever possible. If not, it seems like everyone has a story to tell me about the crappy service they received and the major decline of service provided.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Veteran

As a former US Chairman's Preferred all I have to say to everyone is that this type of thing and the response from AA has the stench of Doug Parker all over it.

The only way to get just compensation is to raise holy heck far and wide. DOT and anyone else you can think of.along the way.

Most don't know this but when I was still PineyBob and flying regularly there was a person who was assigned by Doug Parker himself to monitor my posts and respond. I will never forget how I found this out. About 7AM EST I got a call with a Phoenix area code and I answered and a voice said "Bob we've spoken before it's Blah Blah from US and I have a question for you. I said OK and she said "What the hell was that post on Flyer Talk about, what happened"?

I mention this because, say what you will about AA/US but for me at least they became a very responsive airline. Many many stories to share but another time perhaps. Liver disease even post transplant ain't for sissies I'm wiped out, Good night and good luck.

PS it's nice to see little has changed, John-John is still the same

5. bob@las-AA

bob@las-AA Veteran

Yep cirrhosis of the liver will get ya every time.

6. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Veteran

Indeed Bob it does. Wort part of my situation was the Cirrhosis I had was NOT caused by alcohol. It was something called NASH, "Non Alcoholic Steato Hepatisis" which is very close relative to Fatty Liver in that it takes years to show symptoms, The doctors say I could have had it for 30 years before the liver went south.

If it was caused by being a bad hillbilly, redneck drunk then at least I'd have some cool drunken stories to share. When I read threads like this one, even though I do miss flying a great deal on some days, I think I'm happier with my feet firmly planted on Terra firma.