Laying Off Mechanics Yet They Are Hiring

Former ModerAAtor said:
Uh, are they replacing supervisors who have left for greener pasture, or increasing the overall number of supervisors?...

If it's the latter, maybe some of y'all need to apply to be supervisors and have some job security.

From what I see there are very few supervisors who have left the company, a number have retired and as far as having any leaving for greener pastures......most of the ones who are left are not worth a s****. Its nice to be given your furlough papers by two foreman whose combined senority does not equal the majority of the mechanics they are furloughing. 6 yrs ago they were dumping lav's and cleaning aircraft and upgraded to mechanics and then to foreman because nobody else wanted the job. A supervisor should know the aircraft and not have the job because of being sucka**. I have seen many very good foreman leave the company because they were not members of the "good ole boys club". Bottom line though is they knew the aircraft and they could move them, that was all they were interested in and not the golf league, hunting or Fri poker parties. Everbody knows the saying....."never hire anybody smarter than yourself"......its alive and well at USAirways!!!!!!!

usairways_vote_NO said:
Why you still hang out here seeing how you were so bitter and glad to get away How's the home life?
[post="255790"][/post]​
I am content, also interested in what 15 years of my life with real people is transpiring into for them hoping many others leave and find contentment.

Example: Their is a friend there who not only is going to lose his job, but also has a pregnant daughter with terminal cancer to deal with. Why am I interested? I am human and give two cents what happens to my ex co-workers. Why are you so bitter? Anything to do with U, or is it your opinion only true working U employees are allowed on here. If you need to ask then you are the one with the problem.

There is a life after U and waiting for it to "come along" is foolish.

calibrator said:
I am content, also interested in what 15 years of my life with real people is transpiring into for them hoping many others leave and find contentment.

Example: Their is a friend there who not only is going to lose his job, but also has a pregnant daughter with terminal cancer to deal with. Why am I interested? I am human and give two cents what happens to my ex co-workers. Why are you so bitter? Anything to do with U, or is it your opinion only true working U employees are allowed on here.  If you need to ask then you are the one with the problem.

There is a life after U and waiting for it to "come along" is foolish.
[post="255819"][/post]​

Are you really content? Why don't you think people can be content without leaving like you did? Why does being content have to hang on a job? Can't someone be content with what they have now and worry about the rest later? What if the are content to work while they go to school? Or content to work to the end while their spouse has a job to carry them through anyway?

I guess what I am getting at is everyone isn't like you or like me . Everyone else has their own ideas or feels of what contentment is for them. Just working at USAirways in itself doesn't have to mean you are not content or bitter or foolish.

Did or do I work at USAirways? Maybe maybe not. Am I bitter? Certainly not. Am I content? Most certainly.

All I was asking if you were as noncontent and bitter as you say then why keep subjecting yourself to it. You obviously say you have left and that you are happy and content now.

Latest posts

Back