Leadership Mix Concerns Delta Workers

LukeAisleWalker

Veteran
Sep 29, 2007
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/sto...mp;channel=comm

Some Delta workers are worried about the number of Northwest executives and officers given leadership positions in the post-merger airline.

A representative of one of the work groups spelled out these concerns in a letter he e-mailed to employees earlier this month. But the representative also staunchly defended the leadership selections and urged employees to keep an open mind."

Moderator note: Please do not quote article in their entirety, as that can be a possible copyright violation. A link and fair use excerpt are fine.

You mean Joe Piller of the Delta Board Council, that represents 10% of the non-contract employees, that watched as the DL pilots received an industry leading contract in 2000(for not striking), as the group he represents received a step-increase pay freeze? The same Joe Piller of the Delta Board Council, that represents 10% of the non-contract employees, that watched as the DL mechanics received an 18% pay increase in 2002 (for remaining nonunion), while the 10% of the non-contract employees he represents remained on the step-increase pay freeze? The same Joe Piller of the Delta Board Council, that represents 10% of the non-contract employees, watched as their market based pay minimum salary requirement be reduced by 19% in 2005?
The 10% of the non-contract employees he represents didn't receive a salary step-increase from July 2001 to July 2007....and HE'S WORRIED?
Joe Piller represents no one and 99% of the employees he represents don't even know him. I don't blame DL for not responding to his letter. He is nobody. Let him write.

WOW.....................I got an 18% raise in 2002 ? Guess I need to start checking my pay stub, 'cause I sure as Hell didn't see it in my bank account ! :shock:

Moderator note: Please do not quote article in their entirety, as that can be a possible copyright violation. A link and fair use excerpt are fine.

Duly noted. My bad...I, for some reason, thought as long as a link was provided it was ok to paste the entire story. I've learned something for the New Year! :)

Latest posts

Back