LESS First Class, MORE Coach

I have always enjoyed flying on East Airbus aircraft. I had the opportunity to fly on an HP Airbus and connect to a US Airbus, and I could tell the difference!!

Too bad we can't keep the East configs... i mean, WN gives their passengers like a 33 inch seat pitch.. and we'll be at 31!

YES, HP (and now US) are the most uncomfortable flights. I know when their is a RJ or a 737 on a routing, I switch to TED/UA ONT-DEN-XXX So then I am in Economy Plus.. and enjoy the leg room. I much more care about pitch. That is why I do not fly some routes on HP/US... the alliance is a good option for now, since UA has the same benefits for a CP (if they are not upgrading)... I actually had more room to work on some UA Ted flights vs HP 737 in F... Row 2 has now workable room when that Row 1 seat comes back. HP is NOT Business friendly.. and we adjust to other airlines when needed... especially on last minute fares, they go to UA or others.

PS = Premium Service. O

On the same note, if UA were to offer a PS flight or two from PHL (they only do a few PHL-LAX/SFO daily anyway) and advertise it heavily, I can see a lot of US loyalists jumping ship. What's to lose when they still get status miles and a worst case scenario seat is E+?

Thanks all for the definition.

Yes, I'd happily jump to a PS transcon esp if I get status miles for it.

UA connects a lot of PHL fliers to Hawaii and asia. I'd bet they could fill a plane.

Per recent company meetings at World Headquarters in Chicago, there are no other routes in N. America to justify p.s. service. The westcoast-JFK market is a unique market that can command the revenue premium to justify p.s. service. It will not expand and nor will you see UA's 757's being deployed in the Atlantic market.

Latest posts