Lets have a Parade

That's funny...:D
Have you ever 'been' in a military parade?
For veterans day no less.
Being in a parade sucks.
I have been in several and it sucked every time.
Oh, and marching in general, sucks and makes everyone else feel good except the poor soldiers that 'have' to do it.
I especially hated the full combat dress parade in August.
Of course, it is probably better today as we wore 'starched' fatigues.
DOH! :eek:

You're right on cue. I could set my watch to it.

That would serve to more fully impress had I even the slightest reason to assume you could actually read a watch and thus ever actually "know" even so much as the time of day, both being rather lofty assumptions which I've sadly seen not the slightest evidence for thus far. ;)

That's funny...:D
Have you ever 'been' in a military parade?
For veterans day no less.
Being in a parade sucks.
I have been in several and it sucked every time.
Oh, and marching in general, sucks and makes everyone else feel good except the poor soldiers that 'have' to do it.
I especially hated the full combat dress parade in August.
Of course, it is probably better today as we wore 'starched' fatigues.
DOH! :eek:

The Pentagon has turned down Donald J. Trump’s request for a grand military parade in Washington, D.C., citing a sudden outbreak of bone spurs that would prevent men and women in uniform from participating.

Harland Dorrinson, a Pentagon spokesman, said that, within an hour of Trump’s request, more than a hundred thousand military personnel complained that they were suffering from acute cases of bone spurs that would make marching in such a parade a painful ordeal.

“In the history of the U.S. military, we have never experienced a bone-spur epidemic of this magnitude,” the spokesman said. “Regrettably, however, we have no choice but to issue thousands of deferments.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/bor...s-parade-citing-bone-spurs __________________

Apparently if a parade doesn't have Under Dog or the Russian spies Boris and Natasha along with moose and squirrel it can't properly represent our military. Got it!:rolleyes:o_O

Latest posts