Line Maintenance "Voluntary" re-alignment

bored30over

May 20, 2008
Now that some stations are deemed to be "overstaffed" and others understaffed...what do you think is really behind all of this? A voluntary transfer offered to AMT's to understaffed stations...sounds really fishy to me. I'm sure there is going to be a second installment to this personnel action, most likely an involuntary transfer (better known as a RIF). Why can't these clowns just leave well enough alone? They've reopened 90% of the stations previously closed, and now they think they've overstaffed? If they would've just left all alone, instead of using their "management" skills, line maintenance would be in a much better place. At the last RIF and base closure, they lost so many experienced and talented mechanics, Delta has yet to recover from it. I think the current administration is totally screwing up what used to be the best aircraft maintenance in the industry.

There is a letter on the TechOps homepage stating which stations are over and under. Not surprisingly all the high cost stations where no one wants to live are "under". LAX, LGA, JFK, SAN, PDX, SEA. The letter details the over and under stations.

I think the current administration is totally screwing up what used to be the best aircraft maintenance in the industry.

Nah. You guys (&gals) will always be the best!

Back