Locked Usa320 Thread

firstamendment

Veteran
Apr 1, 2003
Visit site
To lock people out of a thread is worthless. and cowardly. I have worked with the guy that many of you hate. He is based in edited. I use to be based there. I flew with the captain you all love to hate and found him to be very caring and professional. While I do not always agree with him, this captain makes all of us think about where we are. Unlike the koolaid drinkers on a certain other bankrupt airline's board, I do think the capt. is only trying to make sense of this industry, If you do not agree with him, that is fine, but some of you are so nasty that it is amazing that our dearly beloved moderator, Bill, allows you to speak.

I adopted my screen name BECAUSE it appeared that this board and others wanted to sensor people..and while I see the need for respect, each and every one of us deserves respect. I think this captain has been MUCH more respectful to others than what he has been dished out.

Since I am not a coward and could care less what any of you think, this thread is open to all and not closed off. What ever happen to freedom of speech and to express one's self? You people amaze me with your closed topics.

Let the bitterness and b****iness begin.

first I don't doubt A320s professionalism in the cockpit. Thats his job, your job, my job that's what we're paid to do. What we are not paid to do, nor should we do, is to post our theories down everyone's throat over and over and over and over again when it continually incites, upsets, and irritates the heck out of everyone. What are we supposed to think of this person that continually does this on their off time instead of hanging out with the family? Life is too short and too precious to spend ENORMOUS amounts of time on Usaviation.

And I respect thoroughly your opinion. My beef is that anyone would close a thread to everyone about a person, not allowing people to express their opimions, whether good, bad, or indifferent. I just firmly disagree with that tactic.

I closed the thread because we generally do not allow posters to start new threads that are directly aimed at another poster. This is why we have the private message function. I will keep this thread open but if name calling or insults begin then it will be closed. If you have any further questions please feel free to send me a private message. Thanks.

firstamendment...I hope you do not think I locked the thread.. I would not do it even if I knew how. I that part or the start of my punishment/banishment to the cornfields?

Flyinghippie... that is the major problem his posts are made to incite.. incite people and inflate his own ego.

The thing thats annoying to me about his (320's) posts is that he writes about things like the infamous "painful clause" like he knows something we dont, but never explains what exactly the "painful clause" is.

The thing I like about 320 is he does tend to start a lot of topics, and this does keep the board going.

firstamendment said:
Unlike the koolaid drinkers on a certain other bankrupt airline's board,
First, we can either pull together or fight within (which one has US done). It takes a minimal amount of searching a passenger forum to realize that fighting about management is a huge turnoff to customers. We aren't drinking koolaid, we're fighting for our survival, together. It seems to be working. B)

sentrido said:
The thing thats annoying to me about his (320's) posts is that he writes about things like the infamous "painful clause" like he knows something we dont, but never explains what exactly the "painful clause" is.

The thing I like about 320 is he does tend to start a lot of topics, and this does keep the board going.
As a lurker I agree with your sentiment. And for the most part A320 is respectful and.. dare I say sometimes even outright "polite".

At the end of the session I find it is his posts I have read, and look forward to the next one the most.

Usually when I see a post by 700, or Kitty, Cav, Pit, et al, I know what's coming even before they clack the first key. Usually by reading the first word or two, I know I don't need to continue reading. A320 always keeps it interesting as well as "informative", and I'm thankful for his thick skin.

At any rate, I'll go back to lurking. Best of luck to the survivors of the UAir transformation. I hope you all make it successfully. It would set the airline world on it's ears.

CaptainCockroach: Thanks for putting me in the same catagory as 700, Pit and Cav. I am honored. By the way, my name is NOT Kitty. But of course, you aren't ready this. :lol: :lol:

firstamendment said:
I flew with the captain you all love to hate and found him to be very caring and professional.
I am glad the good captain has a friend in you. Personally I think he is a good person but confused and naïve. Some of his posts makes me want to drive the half hour from here and make his head ring, putting some sense into it. This management has done nothing to make me or my fellow employees say anything nice about them. From the get go they have lied and deceived under the guise that it’s just business reality. Business reality also includes employees as an asset and not a liability like we are being treated thanks to people like Jerry Glass and his ilk. Until and unless there is an immediate and drastic change in treatment of employees with the elimination of everything they set in place that treats employees as evil necessaries with extremely punitive policies, this company doesn’t have a prayer. I don’t care if they go back into bankruptcy or not. My voice is not a lone cry in the forest; it is the mainstream, compliments of a management style that awards the likes of the Glasses of this world. For the captain to come on here and tell me or posters like me we MUST or else some painful thing will happen, I personally couldn’t care less what happens anymore. This includes every other mechanic I know, which is MANY. CASE IN POINT. Recent tests were given for employment in the postal service and a fellow mechanic was present at the test session only to see MANY fellow employees sitting next to him. Another point: The other day a Forman came into my department wanting a government job done saying he needed it fast because he didn’t know how much longer we have! True, very true. Now I hear they want our pension, our severance. Severance was the chant the last time, vote for severance, now that is going away too, what’s left, why vote, why care? I know I no longer do and this is very true for many of my fellow mechanics. Yesterday my dentist told me he had a pilot who is still flying, a captain with many years looking for other opportunities believing no matter what is done we are doomed. That sentiment is wide spread and not just on these boards being posted by me, like the captain loves to say, it’s reality. So I say turn it around and wake up because the few people believing there is still hope for this dying dog are in for a PAINFUL awaking!

Fly said:
First, we can either pull together or fight within (which one has US done). It takes a minimal amount of searching a passenger forum to realize that fighting about management is a huge turnoff to customers. We aren't drinking koolaid, we're fighting for our survival, together. It seems to be working. B)
Does it go well with vodka? :D

cavalier said:
<snip>
Until and unless there is an immediate and drastic change in treatment of employees with the elimination of everything they set in place that treats employees as evil necessaries with extremely punitive policies, this company doesn’t have a prayer.
<snip>
Cav,

I agree with your sentiment. However I think you and I both know "that change" is not going to happen.

One request, please consider using paragraphs! :shock:

Thank you, and best of luck in your future endeavors.

CapnCockroach said:
As a lurker I agree with your sentiment. And for the most part A320 is respectful and.. dare I say sometimes even outright "polite".
I too find him very respectful and very polite. (not to mention very articulate)

I also find that I agree with him more than I want to.

However, I also have found him slightly manipulating facts depending on position in the thread he is posting in, and trying to play revisionist history in some cases.

Beyond that, I am glad he is here, and generally look forward to his posts. (as much to inflame me as to make me agree)

Its a much more interesting place with him here. :)

If I see a topic started by usa320 I go right to it. His threads have the best fighting, name calling, moderator editing, and repetative propaganda. It is kind of pointless to post the same info over and over again even if you reword it....its still like plagerizing yourself. His posts are usally good for laugh when you're bored. IMO this board needs some kind of password protected, unedited, unmoderated section so that people can fight, call each other names and threaten each other all they want. :up:

Back