Lombardo to Isom

Overspeed said:
There was a 4.3% to get the TWU to back the merger by DP. The 4% announced by DP in December 2014 was based off the new AA's better than expected profitability.

The TWU is still having internal struggles. It is no secret that many TWU officers have spoken up against the Association. Time for the Int'l to lead.
How would they do that as they have never done it before.
(without further ratification)
:p

NYer said:
It was part of an MOU that included the pay raises, elimination of the remaining profit sharing, a time frame for the application of the Single Carrier Status and the seniority integration process.
They finally filed for Single Carrier Status for 3 groups on Monday. Couldn't even get that right.

xUT said:
That makes sense.
You are a paid organizer with the IAM.
Most industrial unions pay contract organizers.
Do they pay you by the post or are you on salary?
-edited by me--
Ask John Carr,IAM Communications.

Josh

xUT said:
That makes sense.
You are a paid organizer with the IAM.
Most industrial unions pay contract organizers.
Do they pay you by the post or are you on salary?
-edited by me--
That would have  been from June of last year till September, sorry I am self-employed and help run a business, nothing to do with the IAM nor do I get paid from them.

700UW said:
That would have  been from June of last year till September, sorry I am self-employed and help run a business, nothing to do with the IAM nor do I get paid from them.
That's what you said summer 2013 while you were on their payroll...

Josh

internet-troll-by-woody-hearn.jpg

Anyone think Lombardo doesn't want to be nasty with the NMB because sometime down the road he might be asking for a release from negotiations?

Tater Salad said:
Anyone think Lombardo doesn't want to be nasty with the NMB because sometime down the road he might be asking for a release from negotiations?

This isn't going to be Section 6 negotiations.

NYer,
True and I am sure that is why the IAM CBA has a clause for built in extensions should negotiations be drawn out. Based on the current lack of unity between the TWU and IAM, the lack of a decision by the NMB, and the TWU M&Rs past performance in negotiations I do not expect a TA or release to self help for years.

The only saving grace could be a complete change out the existing TWU officers at the locals and Int'l.

Overspeed said:
NYer,
True and I am sure that is why the IAM CBA has a clause for built in extensions should negotiations be drawn out. Based on the current lack of unity between the TWU and IAM, the lack of a decision by the NMB, and the TWU M&Rs past performance in negotiations I do not expect a TA or release to self help for years.

The only saving grace could be a complete change out the existing TWU officers at the locals and Int'l.
I think the days of being released and a strike to occur are long gone. The NMB is a government entity and probably succumbs to pressure NOT to harm the economy by allowing disruptive strikes. 

If we believe that is true then what leverage does labor have under the NRLA? Is it time for an overhaul of the organized labor laws?

Because under the NLRA contracts expire, and they cant be forced to stay at work and the NLRB doesnt have the power to stop a strike.

You dont need their permission to strike.

Overspeed said:
If we believe that is true then what leverage does labor have under the NRLA? Is it time for an overhaul of the organized labor laws?
I believe the leverage has been greatly reduced. Even the railways have found their strike desires assisted by presidential emergency boards. Last year the Long Island Rail Road averted a strike after PEB recommendations.
But airline unions never seem to get to that point.

Most railroads end up with Congress legislating their CBAs, and I mean freight railroads, not public transportation.

And with a Republican Congress now in control, good luck on getting anything decent if that occurs.

700UW said:
Most railroads end up with Congress legislating their CBAs, and I mean freight railroads, not public transportation.

And with a Republican Congress now in control, good luck on getting anything decent if that occurs.
I guess the railways are more important than airlines with respect to the workers.

Back