Look Who Took a Union Job, Joe the Plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
My opposition to public unions has far less to do with collective bargaining itself than it does with the inherent flaws of having public service employees trying to act like they are working in a for-profit environment. They're not grabbing more of the revenue pie from a greedy owner --- they're negotiating tax increases into perpetuity without the thumbs up/down from voters.

Not an uncommon position, actually, and I suspect it's not too far from Wurzelbacher's.

But, we all know UW lives in a very binary world when it comes to unions.

More than likely joined union because of being forced to, in order to retain said job

• Banned
southwind said:
More than likely joined union because of being forced to, in order to retain said job
Do you ever think before you post?

He applied and took the job knowing it was UAW represented facility.

And they let you fix things that goes on planes, simply amazing.

southwind said:

Yep, pretty much. 

Liberals don't like the concept of "work". They rather mooch whenever possible.

Democratic-Party-Birth.jpg

700UW said:
He applied and took the job knowing it was UAW represented facility.
Yep, but I know it's hard for you to accept that some people do try to have a steady income at the expense of political ideology. There's clearly no shortage of people working at AA, UA, and WN who would just as soon not be paying union dues.

Toledo's a relatively small job market, and there aren't a whole lot of manufacturing jobs left let alone non-union ones.

Would you'd rather see someone who hates unions living off the taxpayers or getting food stamps working a lower paying job, or taking a job & paying union dues against his will?

When Ohio votes in RTW, I'm sure he'll be one of the first to burn his union card.

Oh, and could you find something a little more timely to dig up when you're bored? This article was published in Feb 2014.

And if Ohio does NOT vote in RTW.
What kind of NON-UNION eolesen BS can we exspect.................Mr Management ?

PS,
Hopefully,......... J - T - P ........will be using public transportation...to and from work !

southwind said:
The union was there before he took the job.  He took the job knowing he would have to join the union.  There was no job to retain.

Oops.  Already covered By 700.

eolesen said:
Yep, but I know it's hard for you to accept that some people do try to have a steady income at the expense of political ideology. There's clearly no shortage of people working at AA, UA, and WN who would just as soon not be paying union dues.Toledo's a relatively small job market, and there aren't a whole lot of manufacturing jobs left let alone non-union ones.Would you'd rather see someone who hates unions living off the taxpayers or getting food stamps working a lower paying job, or taking a job & paying union dues against his will?When Ohio votes in RTW, I'm sure he'll be one of the first to burn his union card.Oh, and could you find something a little more timely to dig up when you're bored? This article was published in Feb 2014.
So you are saying he cannot get the same wage at a non-union company?

I am sure he would do fine with the kind of personal relationship that non-union companies prefer.

• Banned
Are you stupid?

The UAW has represented Chrysler for decades, there was the UAW at Chrysler before he applied and he knew it was a union job.

Keep up the lies.

eolesen said:
Would you'd rather see someone who hates unions living off the taxpayers or getting food stamps working a lower paying job, or taking a job & paying union dues against his will?
Are you serious?

Look at who you are talking to.

This is the same guy that has been slamming me for two years because I went to school on a grant. Despite the fact I paid for most of my schooling out of my own pocket. Despite the fact I graduated Friday and had a full time job Monday. Despite the fact I have paid back the grant many times over due to increased income. Despite the fact I am actually working in the field I went to school for.

However, say something about some women with 10 kids and no husband that has been on welfare for 20+ years and watch him post 5 pages worth of lies defending her. 

700UW said:
Are you stupid?
That seems to be a common theme with you. Insulting the intelligence of anyone that does not agree with you.

I bet I can find 10 post of such behavior in the last 2 weeks.

700UW said:
The UAW has represented Chrysler for decades
Nothing last forever.

700UW said:
Keep up the lies.
Who lied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back