Lost Aquaintances....

4961, I hope you are aware that the "finger problem" activated by the computer between your ears. LOL.

Thank DGP, that helps some. What years were you with Midwest?? Remember Wayne Johnson? He''s here in the Edmonton area now......

R...

the last time I saw Bill Kipke he was working contract for Custom (2000)with Ken Sheskie,not sure about the spelling on that one and Roger Frost was there as well in 99 for the summer.John Raddel used to work for Custom...after Midwest but he's been out of the business for years...heard he's trying to get back in.Black Bart's still in Kenora...Bob McKays in Edmonton...John Gibson's in Lac DuBonnet as is Dan O'Donnel.I worked for Midwest and Custom out of Winnipeg from the 70's til I moved down east in the summer of 2000...anybody else you want to know about let me know...Bruce McDonald has left NAS long ago.
2.gif
9.gif

I was at Midwest from 1980 til 1996...was at Aerotrades before that and Klondike in Calgary before that...also worked 1996-2000 at Custom contract...PS...I wasn''t expecting my name to show up on my post''s but now that the cats out of the bag,thats ok...I guess...I was talking to Wayne Johnson the other day...thanks for the update thought.

Hey DGP....... I don''t think knowing your name SHOULD cause any embarassment unless???? I''m trying to place you, and can''t seem to, so I don''t think there are any real bad stories from those formative years, but ya never know !!! Was with Lambs'' for the most part, then went with their helis when it became Custom.....

R...

Cambox....Got your Email/Thanks....DGP is a saint..Ha!Cripes I almost barfed.
DGP taught me how- not-to speed-shift a 1973 Chevy halfton.I locked it up into reverse and blew the rearend.A taxi piled into the parked truck as DGP and I were leaving the scene to phone for a tow truck.I never knew I could run so fast....Do you remember that crap DGP....ST.Otooley P.S.For 20.00 bucks I'll shut up...no wait maybe I'll send you $20...

Jeez, otooley, the only thing that might of been scarier than that was maybe my ride with John Riddell on his new bike from the airport in YTH into town!

Hey otooly,I like your new handle...not as good as your original but everyone in the business knows that nickname...yes that was a good night in yth...we then went to a party with Wayne Johnson and Bob MacKay...I can still remember the head pounding the next day.Cambox...you actually got on Johnny''s bike for a ride.Your a brave man...you should have seen him when he got an 1200Z....crazy!!!I think he finally scared himself enough to slow down...he was working in Kingston'' Ontario at the time for an overhaul shop...he''s back in Winnipeg now I think.

Ya DGP, I think I heard John was back west. Out of the "industry" but trying to get back in????

R...

Yup know most of them: you date yourself > Rick Lavack - New Zeland, Bart Stevenson - Own company in Kenora, Roger Frost - Weyerhauser on Vancouver Island, John Riddell - Custom in Wpg., Donm Venturi - Northern Air Support.
Aloha LD

Hey cambox,just to let you know...big Al still works in the old hanger in yth...he''s been with Custom since LambAir...that''s about 30 years in yth...I think that has to be an industry record...even better than the 15 I did at Midwest!

No kidding. And he wasn''t even a helicopter type at Lambs, he went over to Custom in about 1980. I think Pete Zeebruck finally retired tho.. Is Leo V. still doing contract with Custom?

R...

Cambox...the last I heard Zeeb was retired from flying but was hired back as base manager in yth...Leo was working contract for Custom when I left in 2000....not sure if he''s still working for Jimmy...saw Jim and Garry Shabaga at the HAI in Dallas in Feb.

Back