love rumors....any truth to this?

Yep, SAL and PTY were the only two markets dropped from the new ones opened at FLL. (GUA was moved from FLL to CLT.) Haven't heard anything about PTY, but I did hear somewhere that they're thinking about reopening SAL, only from CLT and maybe PHX this time. And, of course, the reason most of the FLL markets "didn't work" was because CCY didn't give them any time to develop and cut all their feed, not because the markets were necessarily mistakes in the first place.

The A319s should be able to do markets like CLT-BOG/CCS without any difficulty, probably even FLL-LIM. And the B757 would have better performance yet, could do CLT-LIM/UIO/GYE. You'd only really need the widebodies for GRU/GIG/EZE/SCL.

Of course, I don't actually think that they'll be buying a bunch of planes from UA.
I was told by an agent in BOS that BOS-FLL and LGA-FLL will be discontinued in May. If true, so much for that...

I heard from a friend of mine who heard it from his brother who knows a guy who installed 22 new computers in a brand new crew room in Orlando

Doug said , Doug said .

The Airbus differences are an issue ,,like it or not...and Doug is putting a positive spin on things , as he doesn't want anyone to see a chink in the plan. Such chinks in the armor hurt market confidence.

Common sense is not always that common ;)

Very well stated! Your points sound right on.

It appears that BOS-FLL is discontinued and LGA-FLL goes from 2X to 1X.

I had heard this a few weeks ago...but checked the fall schedule, and the BOS/FLL flights reappear there with slightly different times. Makes sense in a way. In the old days they ran the multiple Metrojet nonstops all through the summer when there was not enough demand. I still think it would be a good idea to have one BOS/FLL nonstop through the summer however. I HATE going through PHL or CLT to get there.

The dog got lose the other night. It was raining and muddy outside.

Ending up rolling in the mud with a freshly groomed poodle up the hill.

When he came strutting back he says she told him we were flying to Martinique this winter,

Poodles just can't keep a secret when you get them rolling in the mud.

The message on our answering machine from the neighbor was hilarious.

I had heard this a few weeks ago...but checked the fall schedule, and the BOS/FLL flights reappear there with slightly different times. Makes sense in a way. In the old days they ran the multiple Metrojet nonstops all through the summer when there was not enough demand. I still think it would be a good idea to have one BOS/FLL nonstop through the summer however. I HATE going through PHL or CLT to get there.
I worked this flight all summer and the demand was definitely there...

Why on God's green earth would US/LCC even consider UA's B757's?

UA's B757-200's have Pratt & Whitney Engines on them..and would ruin the fleet types commonality. This woud drive up costs , which US/LCC cannot afford.

The only Acft is UA's Fleet that US has a common ground with is the 737-300..and we have just parked a boat load of those over the last year.

I didn't say UA's 757s.
ATA still has some parked post bankruptcy that are RB211 equipped and have the same door configuration. DL is parking some too, same configuration...
Chill, geez.

Back