Maintenance backing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
<_< ----- Things not getting fixed? Maintenance Bases maxed out! No new Contract in sight, yet! My,MY,MY!----- :down: MCI working nine aircraft a night, in two Super Bays, with little, if any O.T.!---- Asked the City if they could use two of the narrow body Bays for a few days! You know the ones they just gave up! The City told them to go pound sand!!! :shock:

Your telling me !!! AA better not even think about doing a RIF in title 1..... I'm not saying that i heard of any such roomers, but they would be nuts !!!!

I was told that STL will be down to using only 3 gates for mainline aircraft after the flights are reduced, do you think they will keep the current stafing levels? <_<

<_< ----- Things not getting fixed? Maintenance Bases maxed out! No new Contract in sight, yet! My,MY,MY!----- :down: MCI working nine aircraft a night, in two Super Bays, with little, if any O.T.!---- Asked the City if they could use two of the narrow body Bays for a few days! You know the ones they just gave up! The City told them to go pound sand!!! :shock:
Good for the city, hey AA made there bed they could lay in it now, maybe now AA will see how important there AMTS's are...

My guess is that 2010 will be a year that AA sees an attrition spike. AA saw a lot of attrition in the late 80s when they were the lowest of the majors in starting pay (they were even offering money if we could get other A&Ps to apply) new hires would quit faster than AA could get them through the Gen-Fam classes, but what they may see next year is a lot of retirees who were holding off to see what the contract brought and something they never saw before-a middle age exodus. Most of the A&P schools have closed over the last five years, I think the FAA only tested around 7000 people last year, a lower number than that passed, and thats for all of aviation, General, Manufacturing, MRO,and the airlines.

AA has plenty of work, their main problem will be getting the people to do it. So STL may see a layoff but the company is hoping that they will go to Dallas or ORD where they will be short.

• Banned
<_< -----AA has work scheduled into MCI until June of next year. Nothing after that, and I realize that could change at any time, so we'll have to see what develops in the mean time. If anything!

You still have the A300 lease return lines that are undetermined to where the work will go and a lot of MD80 work that needs to be determined, probably around 19 months of work still up for grabs for all 3 maintenance base's and as it looks now and into the next 3 years pretty much every base except for MCI is maxed out already. I'm sure they will be making there decision soon of where this work will go or they better make it soon otherwise they will be paying lease payments on grounded A300 aircraft....

I was told that STL will be down to using only 3 gates for mainline aircraft after the flights are reduced, do you think they will keep the current stafing levels? <_<

A gross exaggeration. For your information, we will have 5 gates for mainline with a 6th for "emergencies." :lol:

Don't know about AMTs, but a 35-year ramper told me last night that he is being furloughed. And, a 35 year gate agent told me he missed being furloughed by 2 people.

• Banned
<_< ----- Just an observation, nothing more, but it's a little ironic that the two stations that Kasher awarded exTWA employees 100% Seniority, have now been pretty much eliminated, or at least neutralized, by AA. :huh:

Just an observation but if we had not purchased TWA then maybe we would be in much bettter shape... just an observation... :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back