Man Sues Us Air After He Drank Alcohol, Fell Down

johnnyfleet

Advanced
Oct 3, 2002
Man sues US Air after he drank alcohol, fell down escalator

BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) — A West Virginia man who fell down an escalator at an airport sued US Airways, alleging the airline didn't warn him about the adverse affects of drinking alcohol on a plane.
Floyd W. Shuler, 61, filed the lawsuit against Virginia-based US Airways Inc., in circuit court in Fort Myers.

Shuler, who has lived part-time on Marco Island, said in the suit that US Airways was negligent by failing to warn him the effects of alcohol are greater at night on airline passengers. The suit, filed Friday, also alleges that the company did not properly maintain the escalator at Southwest Florida International Airport when he fell down it on Aug. 28, 1999.

The suit seeks damages in excess of $15,000.

Amy Kudwa, a spokeswoman for US Airways, declined to comment to the Naples Daily News for Wednesday editions.

It was not clear from the lawsuit where in West Virginia Shuler lives. __=

I think US should countersue for malicious prosecution.

But, of course, 700UW, TMTTQ, OldGuy, and the like will be on here saying that it was management's fault.

ITRADE said:
But, of course, 700UW, TMTTQ, OldGuy, and the like will be on here saying that it was management's fault.
I believe that is a windup or flame.

Wow, you got issues.

johnnyfleet said:
It was not clear from the lawsuit where in West Virginia Shuler lives. __=
It probably changes... He most likely lives in the type of neighborhood that leaks transmission fluid.

Would he like a personal special warning? Here's your beer! Just like a landlocked beer, it might make you drunk!

And if we're in the business of maintaining escalators at Floridian airports then no wonder we're losing so much money!

Shuler will probably win...

Remember the McDonald's case where the plantiff purchased coffee from the drive thru window, and sued because she burned herself (she did purchase a product which by definition is hot).

I would not be surprised if he wins. Which is ludicrous, but where our society is headed...

ITRADE said:
I think US should countersue for malicious prosecution.

I was thinking the same thing. LOL

johnnyfleet said:
A West Virginia man who fell down an escalator at an airport sued US Airways, alleging the airline didn't warn him about the adverse affects of drinking alcohol on a plane.

The suit seeks damages in excess of $15,000.

Where was Yolanda from LUV to Warn him...You know the one that Denies anyone that's had a few drinks Boarding on Southwest !!!!

Wonder how much "MoonShine" he drank before getting On the Airplane !!! :lol:

As for the Amount...Actually seems small compared to other Lawsuits !!!!

Careful, talking about trailers, you might be insulting folks who don't have the means to pull their silly selves out of poverty and into real employment.

Good One KT... The Blocks may not cost much..But residing the Trailer and removing all the Trucks,Couches and WashingMachines from the Front Yard may cost him Some Money...... :lol:

Back