Management Asks To Cancel Meeting

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
PLEASE POST AND DISTRIBUTE TO YOUR CO-WORKERS
Additional stories are on www.CWA.net

09/15/2004
US Airways management asks to cancel today's meeting with CWA...
US Airways management has told us they are not prepared to meet this afternoon as scheduled. They have said they do not want to reschedule the meeting at this time and will contact us when they ready to reschedule.
CWA local presidents, staff, attorneys and analysts will conduct their strategy meeting this morning in CWA DC Headquarters as scheduled.

We'll keep you informed...
CWA Local Officers & Staff

Big Surprise here. :down:

Where is the urgency?

I guess their quote about dilligence and vigor to reach an agreement was just smoke and mirrors.

it sounds like they just want a judge to sign a paper allowing the company to rip you cwa folks right down the toilet. i sure hoipe that maybe the cwa lawyer can challenge the company in the ch11 court.

This is all BS.. The company needs to go ahead and do it for all of our sake! Then lets move on!

700UW said:
Where is the urgency?

[post="180376"][/post]​

Another week drags on. You know we're going to end up with 24 hours to decide once they finally get around to meeting instead of giving us the courtesy of having time to look at another proposal and NEGOTIATING with them on what is possible or not. :down:

09/16/2004
US Airways management reschedules meeting with CWA'ers...
After canceling yesterday's meeting, US Airways management has asked to reschedule for 2 PM Tuesday, September 21, in CEO Bruce Lakefield's office. CWA has agreed to that time and place. We'll report the results of the meeting.

CWA Local Officers & Staff

And how dare them say THE UNION isnt willing to negotiate. How many times does this make it that THE COMPANY has postponed the meeting times? :shock:

Folks:

This company never intended on negotiating with any labor group in good faith. The "negotiations" were and continue to be a ruse that will be used to show the BK judge they are in compliance with the rules of C11 and specifically the 1113 section.

The PIT and PHL pilots recognized this long ago. I'm quite certain the leadership of other unions had reached the same conclusion as time dragged on. One only has to look at each company counterproposal for proof. Of course, if any union was silly enough to sign on to the land grab attempts, so much the better for Jerry Glass and his cronies.

So now, the company has positioned itself for the 1113E request. And it will be granted. Shortly thereafter we will see substantial resignations in all categories of employees. The unanswered question is whether or not we will have enough labor to run the opertaion without difficulty. Quite a gamble on the company's part. But based on the previous actions of the pilot group we will have enough flyers to fly the jets. We're the easy ones. As for the rest - Who knows?

Should be fun to watch.

mr

Can you make another run in describing how it's obvious that U was negotiating in bad faith? Did they ever say 'no' to a proposal that met their target?

if it comes down to say mass resignations from the employees, can the company do anything that would prevent that from happening? i think that delta is having something similar to their pilots.

Row,

" Did they ever say 'no' to a proposal that met their target?"

And therein lies an interesting story....

Seems the CLT F/O rep has (inadvertently?) let something out of the bag. According to him, confidentiality agreements prevent the MEC from disclosing the value ALPA advisors put on the union or company proposals. He does hint that ALPA's proposal met (or exceeded) the target in year one, but fell short in the out years when the company wanted "much, much" more than the $295 million they claim.

The truth, who knows. Just reporting what he said.

Jim

robbedagain said:
if it comes down to say mass resignations from the employees, can the company do anything that would prevent that from happening? i think that delta is having something similar to their pilots.
[post="181040"][/post]​

What did you say??

RowUnderDCA said:
Can you make another run in describing how it's obvious that U was negotiating in bad faith?
[post="181038"][/post]​

Kind of hard to negotiate when they keep cancelling meetings and reschedule after reschedule. They have not met with CWA since about the 11th of August when the company asked to meet again the following week and CWA said yes. AFAIK, the CWA reps have been back and forth to DC several times since then with always the same outcome, no meeting. Kind of hard to negotiate when you cant meet to talk. The CWA has even given them another proposal after the meeting was cancelled and no response from the company as of yet. The CWA isnt going to put the companys proposals (the same one twice or very similar) out for a vote and its hard to talk turkey when the turkeys dont show up. :shock:

Expectorant said:
What did you say??
[post="181044"][/post]​

just trying to ask if usair would try to do something to prevent a mass resignations from the employees if the judge were to allow usair to set the wages. i know that delta has said that they are worried about a mass pilot resignations due to possible ch11 filing

robbedagain said:
just trying to ask if usair would try to do something to prevent a mass resignations from the employees if the judge were to allow usair to set the wages. i know that delta has said that they are worried about a mass pilot resignations due to possible ch11 filing
[post="181082"][/post]​
Judging from responses today at work, most everyone would rather walk than accept the wages set by the company. (if the wages are the same as presented to us previously). Then again, the company wants us to leave so they can hire off the street @$7.00/hr ...They may get their wish!

mwereplanes, I too heard this today at work Talk of a possible 1113e motion. Surely, if the company tries this they know they will stand a great chance in killing the "transformation". Has anyone else heard this might happen? Maybe their strategy is too force us all very low, and then when agreements are reached increase it so we think we have gained a lot. I also heard that if this motion is filed and we walk...no bennies. I guess we will wait and see.

Back