MANAGEMENT Questions and Answers

Bambi

Sep 17, 2005
Thought I would start this thread hoping that any management on here would be able to answer many questions some of us have. Please. This thread is for basic questions and answers operationally. Not contract issues that only unions can iron out. But thought, this would be a more systematic way to ask questions of them and have it all on one thread instead of having to jog all over the board trying to find our answers.

So...ask away folks. I think Barbell has already admitted he/she is management, so if there are others on here willing to jump in from management it would be appreciated.

Guess I'll start off..

Heard rumors from Channel 6 news in CLT that management is seriously considering bringing the rez call center back home? #1. Is this true? #2. If so, will that mean back home to US Airways or another domestic outsourced center?

ADMINISTRATOR: Is there anyway you could maintain this thread at the top of the boards for ease of folks coming back here for their mgmt answers? thx

Seriously, people? No questions?

OK, Bambi, good question. I can't comment on whether or not the calls are coming back to US soil. What I do know is that they have been told, "shape up, or you're gone."

The message sent from management was that they were not delivering the product that is expected. While, IMHO it was a bad idea in the first place, it's only fair to give them the chance to improve. I think we all know that the level of service offered is, overall, deplorable.

Know this: several members of management all the way to the top now have the capability to dial in and monitor the calls overseas as easily as they do in REZ, ROZ, and INT, :cop: which apparently wasn't done on the overseas end under prior US management (you know, hear no evil, speak no evil). I am not one of these lucky few, but I understand it hasn't been pretty.

Okay Barbell, let's try these questions:

PIT Express got ten new GPU's about a year ago. At this point in 2005, three of them are left. Here are your questions.

1) Where did the GPU's go?

2) If they were sent somewhere, why didn't that location get their own new equipment?

3) When can PIT Express expect additional equipment to replace removed equipment to arrive?

The company has a track record of making PIT do more with less, and yet the agents somehow manage to get things accomplished. The previous statement is being furnished to you as an FYI, as anyone who observes what PSA ramp and gate agents deal with daily are usually amazed at how much gets done at PIT.

Seriously, people? No questions?

OK, Bambi, good question. I can't comment on whether or not the calls are coming back to US soil. What I do know is that they have been told, "shape up, or you're gone."

The message sent from management was that they were not delivering the product that is expected. While, IMHO it was a bad idea in the first place, it's only fair to give them the chance to improve. I think we all know that the level of service offered is, overall, deplorable.

Know this: several members of management all the way to the top now have the capability to dial in and monitor the calls overseas as easily as they do in REZ, ROZ, and INT, :cop: which apparently wasn't done on the overseas end under prior US management (you know, hear no evil, speak no evil). I am not one of these lucky few, but I understand it hasn't been pretty.

Thanks "Barbell" for the info. I have "tested" every nite this week, and honestly, I don't see ANY improvement as yet, but, we can only see if it gets any better. I am a firm believer that "rez IS the bottom line" of this company! If all we had was the web and NO rez agents to talk to, hmmm well, I'm sure you can only picture the total chaos that would ensue. Anyway, thanks again for that info.

BTW..HEY EVERYONE...NO QUESTIONS? I've seen miles and miles of posts here wanting answers, yet noone has put a thing on this thread? Hmmm...I believe Barbell will pass the word along to other mgmt team players to come "FLY WITH US" on these boards to help give us answers. This would be a GOOD THING EY?!

OK..I'm off for now....Don't be shy all...ask away!

Thanks ADMIN for the "pinned" at the top! That was nice of you.

what is reality?
Reality would be for everyone to submit questions and concerns through the proper channels........and there are a number of them........instead of this board. Hard telling if they think the questions and concerns are legitimate through the proper channels and through this board would be even less legitimate.

OK, Prince, I'm going to have to apologize that these questions are outside of my scope, so it would be inappropriate for me to even try to answer. Although, I would say that we all have to learn to do more w/ less.

That said, snafu makes an excellent point: were I you, I might try and send these questions through your local management, and if that doesn't work send them on to [email protected]. That way they'll eventually get in the right hands. And I know it's a beat subject, but attending the Town Halls and asking these questions truly does get things that are operationally and fiscally responsible done.

Thought I would start this thread hoping that any management on here would be able to answer many questions some of us have. Please. This thread is for basic questions and answers operationally. Not contract issues that only unions can iron out. But thought, this would be a more systematic way to ask questions of them and have it all on one thread instead of having to jog all over the board trying to find our answers.

So...ask away folks. I think Barbell has already admitted he/she is management, so if there are others on here willing to jump in from management it would be appreciated.

Guess I'll start off..

Heard rumors from Channel 6 news in CLT that management is seriously considering bringing the rez call center back home? #1. Is this true? #2. If so, will that mean back home to US Airways or another domestic outsourced center?

ADMINISTRATOR: Is there anyway you could maintain this thread at the top of the boards for ease of folks coming back here for their mgmt answers? thx

Barbell, Thanx for trying your best to answer questions that we have and sometimes dont know who to contact. So let me ask the question that is probably the biggest urban legend in rez. Is the training subsidized by fed or local gov? Rio Salado College in Phx? The reason we have all wondered is due to the fact that our turnover is so high. I cannot understand with all the costs involved in advertising, the hiring process, payroll and training why it has been allowed to occur. Our trainig staff is so overwhelemed with new hires that we receive no recurrent training and with the integration of both HP and US there are so many new policies. We receive mailbox training only and the help desks are overwhelmed with newhires asking questions. We've always been told our turnover is in line with all call centers but I have felt this is disengenuous(SP?)due to not comparing just airline rez centers to each other. Our senior agents can answer calls much quicker and newer agents are apt to misadvise pax which is a true disservice to all expecially when having to deal with irate pax. Our RA dept in PHX is rapidly hiring on at CARLSON WAGNER Travel agency and they are our top agents and no one seems to care. How can we ever end the outsourcing when we cannot staff PHX rez properly? I am hoping the new union contract will help end this but I dont know if its enough. I really feel bad for new agents due to the overwhelming info now required and dont whether the pay is enough to keep them. Again, thanx for trying to help!

I have been thinking about the seniority issues. I think I may have a very equitable and fair idea, but I need to know one thing. Just starting with FA's. How many US and how many HP's? If anyone has this info, I would appreciate knowing this. If you know how many pilots, as well on each side, that would also be appreciated.

Barbell,

Here's a solution...BRING BACK THE OLD REZ CENTER AND ITS PEOPLE. Simply put...recall them back!

Does managment have the gutts? Cause that IS the solution.

Training rez agents takes 5-6 weeks of intense training; NOT 5 days.

Don't you think it would have been smarter to conbine the computer systems first things off the bat? I know it is still confusing on who should do what to which record. USAirways has always had the ability to make reservations on other airlines--and HP really has to hunt and peck to find connections on other airlines. I think the way the PI/USAirways merge as far as computer systems went was way easier--we left doing PI entries and came back the next day looking at USAirways. This should be the top priority so all res centers can work together--not try and figure out who should make changes or if in case of a schedule change who fixes the problem. This is the biggest disaster!!

Don't you think it would have been smarter to conbine the computer systems first things off the bat?

I know ever since the merger was announced that merging the rez system was listed as a top priority. Don't know any other details, but I'm sure it is getting worked on at an LCC pace if you know what I mean.

I know that this question is trivial in the whole scheme of things...but I would like to know if the CS agent uniforms are perhaps going to be a little more casual than a coat and tie. Having to have uniforms dry cleaned and shirts pressed is a pain in the wazoo. Something along the wash-and-wear mode would be greatly welcomed. Something like golf shirts and slacks...Thanks...

Latest posts

Back