Marketing idea for NFL playoffs and Super Bowl

eye ,
didn't really think about it . but It would probably look cool if mtc could position the a/c on the

tarmac on say an overnight with the Panthers and Cardinals planes facing nose to nose and then

next week they could do the same with the Eagles and the Panthers plane. but I'm pretty sure the Cardinals

bird (so to speak) flies mostly West routes have only seen in clt 2 or 3 times since it was painted.
Oopsie. Guess you and Gunther both thought of that I didn't read the whole thread.
Oriole is a genius too. Props. Ooo! Ooo! Hehe.

Departures out of LGA have been flying over Shea Stadium and Arthur Ashe Stadium, at low altitude, for years; and will continue to do so over the soon-to-be-renamed Citi Field.
Like Shea, Giants stadium is in the approach/departure path of an airport (EWR). On top of that, the sports complex is adjacent to TEB, which gets a huge volume of corporate jet traffic. And to top it all off, there is a catch-all TFR (which doesn't require advance notice) that prohibits flying over large assemblies at low altitude... An FAA waiver would be required... Not impossible, but I doubt this is something Tempe is even entertaining.

... Not impossible, but I doubt this is something Tempe is even entertaining.

You're probably right, considering the marketing acumen of US.

JetBlue, with all the related fanfare and positive publicity, just became the official airline of the Boston Red Sox. This coming after Delta announced that it will be the official airline of both the New York Mets and Yankees, in their two brand-new ballparks.

Those three teams, along with the Cubs and Dodgers, probably represent half the total baseball fans in America, if not the world.

And, of course, nobody ever watches the Super Bowl.

As a favorite contributor to the one of the old web boards used to say, US couldn't market hookers on an Army base on payday.

As I sit down to watch the Carolina/Cardinals game tonight, I.m sure the Richard Craniums in the Sandbox never even thought of the 2 themed aircraft being advertised on the Foxs Sports presentation :angry: :angry: :angry:

Of course maybe they.re awaiting who the Super Bowl participants will be. The Chief would like to see one of the following:

Number 1. Steelers vs Eagles (All Keystone Super Bowl) :up: :up:
2. Steelers vs Carolina (Of course we realize from here on out, USAirways will have to shut down ops during the game)
3. Steelers vs Arizona
4. Steelers vs NY Gynats

Of course maybe they.re awaiting who the Super Bowl participants will be. The Chief would like to see one of the following:

Number 1. Steelers vs Eagles (All Keystone Super Bowl) :up: :up:
2. Steelers vs Carolina (Of course we realize from here on out, USAirways will have to shut down ops during the game)
3. Steelers vs Arizona
4. Steelers vs NY Gynats
Well #2 is now out. Steelers vs. Eagles would be fun, especially watching old Rendell try unsuccessfully to not show favorites (like the last time this almost happened). I predict Steelers vs. Giants.

Well #2 is now out. Steelers vs. Eagles would be fun, especially watching old Rendell try unsuccessfully to not show favorites (like the last time this almost happened). I predict Steelers vs. Giants.

I predict Cards vs Philies next week. Philly gets smashed....BOOM

Then Cards vs Rustheads in Superbowl. Steelers smashed.....BOOM

Cards complete trifecta: CLT, PHL, PIT all goin' down.......thanks to the Cards......BOOM

Yea BABY ! ! ! ! Cards Airbus gets paintjob modified.....BOOM

WORLD CHAMPIONS ! ! ! !

I second that to all those scenarios! I'm still a HUGE AZ fan and would love to see the rabid Steeler fans humbled!!

I'm still a HUGE AZ fan and would love to see the rabid Steeler fans humbled!!
They're rabid because they CAN be. When AZ has the same kind of bowl history under its belt, then they can be too. Win or lose this week, the Steelers are always going to be a legendary team.

Is the SANDBOX AWAKE!?? One paintjob team plane is ASSURED of going to the Super Bowl. HELLO DOOGIE!!! Next week would be the perfect opportunity to do SOMETHING in PHX with the Eagles and Cardinals planes. And, if the Steelers beat the Ravens next week you have two paintjob teams in the Super Bowl. Maybe Doogie could team up with Budweiser and have the "Airbus Bowl" or something like that (drunken CEO's optional). On another note...the sick calls next week in PHX and PHL will be huge --- what kind of doctor's note will they demand?

Later,
Eye

They're rabid because they CAN be. When AZ has the same kind of bowl history under its belt, then they can be too. Win or lose this week, the Steelers are always going to be a legendary team.
Absolutely......AZ is playing with the big boys now......just don't get too cocky! When they all pull on their big boy pants and win a ring or 2 or 5, then they can use big boy words like rabid and humbled.

Back