Mda Letter's

Light Years said:
keep in mind if you do go you have to complete 90 days or your mainline recall is gone.
Hi Light Years,

So is it 90 days now? Someone else posted on here it was six months and yet another said it was four months.

How does that work? If you decide you don't like MAA, do you just say you're not happy and want to go back on recall again? I wonder if it's that simple...any thoughts on this?

Thanks for all the updates! :)

phllax said:
Does anyone know if Colby went with MAA or over to Eagle? It's been a while since he had to pick, and I haven't seen him post for a while?
I thought something was missing. I really enjoy(ed) Colby's posts.

guys go to jetblue. i fly them alot to commute . a lot of the f/a's i run into worked for usairways and they love it at jblue. you might want to check it out. it looks like a good place to work if you want still be a f/a. the only thing they miss at airways are the trips . like the layovers in the carribean. but i told them they are not missing much since much of the carribean layovers have been turned into one days or high time 2 days. you are only on reserve for only 2 months . they are very short f/a's and need alot more . and that rumor that they do not hire usairways f/a's is just that a rumor that is not true. my friend just got hired a week ago . so check it out. jetblue.com then go to "work here" then go to "inflight".
peace ;)

The letters seem to say 90 days... so if you quit after 3 months it doesnt affect your recall, if before, apparently it does. I think this might be one of the issues they are (very slowly) working on, along with benefits and such.

etops1 said:
guys go to jetblue. i fly them alot to commute . a lot of the f/a's i run into worked for usairways and they love it at jblue. you might want to check it out. it looks like a good place to work if you want still be a f/a. the only thing they miss at airways are the trips . like the layovers in the carribean. but i told them they are not missing much since much of the carribean layovers have been turned into one days or high time 2 days. you are only on reserve for only 2 months . they are very short f/a's and need alot more . and that rumor that they do not hire usairways f/a's is just that a rumor that is not true. my friend just got hired a week ago . so check it out. jetblue.com then go to "work here" then go to "inflight".
peace ;)
Did that. Got an email back saying I'm not what they're looking for. I am entusiastic and very customer oriented, and pretty good at writing (answering the two questions on the online app). I'm a damm good flight attendant and would be an asset to any company (sorry to toot my own horn, but I am). I'm young but experienced, and my work history shows a variety of airline positions with different kinds of companies. Any former employer would be happy to talk about my sparkling record and positive feedback from peers and customers.

So what did they see on my application that made me "not what they were looking for"? Could it be my former employer? The fact that I'm "damaged goods", to use a term flight attendant recruiters actually privately use?

I've not heard of a single former US (mainline) F/A getting on with JetBlue in over a year.

Light Years said:
Hey cancer, how you doin...

If you go on theHub you can look up the trip sheets and pairings, as well as the list of eligible F/As (I'm not sure if alot of people know this). Folks can also print the interest letter and fax it in rather than wait for the hard copy letter.

1100 F/As are eligible for the June, July, and August classes, and the deadline to bid is June 1st. The seniority is May 2000- November 2000 classes and they list everyones name on there, up to date as of Friday.
1100 FAs? Thats a lot. And going through Nov. 2000, puts the list closer and closer to 9/11.

ITRADE said:
1100 FAs? Thats a lot. And going through Nov. 2000, puts the list closer and closer to 9/11.
Its most of the list of involuntary furloughs, all thats remaining is December 2000- I believe April (?) of 2001 was the last class, and those classes werent as big and were much more spread out. In 2000 they were pumping out over a hundred a month, I guess in preparation for world domination as the "global carrier of choice." :D

I think they want to get a feel for how many total will go to MAA all at once. That 1100 will be more like half of that and will fill the summer classes. All involuntarily furloughed mainline F/As should have an MAA job offer by fall. Hopefully on July 1st they'll publish a "rough draft" seniority list so people can see where they stand at the leaner MidAtlantic as opposed to the mainline system seniority list.

all thats remaining is December 2000- I believe April (?) of 2001 was the last class

I was actually in the second to last class (01/04), which was May/June 2001. There was one more class after mine.

ITRADE said:
1100 f/as were sent packets, and the dates for Round #3 have not been set. It is contingent on a/c delivery.

Back