Mechanics and Engineers - Need your help

Annie-Mei

Sep 17, 2007
I hate to bring up 911 Conspiracy crap, seeing as my friend's brother died that day, but I think this needs to be addressed as it directly involved American Airlines.

Im not sure if anyone of you are familiar with every 911 Conspiracy theory surrounding that day, but this one I think needs to be addressed.

You can skip this topic if you dont like it, I dont mind if i dont really get an answer. As im sure, that many of you do not buy into the 911 conspiracy theories; maybe some of you do.....

Dr. David Griffin wrote a book called "Debunking 911 Debunking" where he attacks the Popular Mechanics article where they addressed the top 16 conspiracy theories surrounding the events of 9/11/2001

In that book, he claims that none of the passengers and even Betty Ong were all faked because of his contention that Cel phones do not work on airplanes while in flight.

He however, forgets that many of the planes were at low altitudes that day, flying within the range that cel towers could reach, but also that 90% of all the calls made that day were by use of Airphones. So, to try and "debunk" that claim, he said that the "men in black" used voice morphing technology to "fake" those calls to their loved ones.

Funny thing though, the inventor of the technology, George Papcun of course says that the technology doesn't exist at this point in time to make it 100% fool proof (meaning that how were the "men in black' able to get samples OF EVERYONE aboard those planes, and used the inflections and sayings that they would use when talking to a loved one enough to full those relatives?). His refuation can be found here: http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=285...amp;postcount=1

So, now the 911 conspiracists, are back tracking, and suddenly an anonymous source provides the scan of an ECO, that states the removal of phones for Flight 77 was done in January 2001, therefore Flight 77 had no airphones to call from; so we go back to the "the calls were faked" claim

The ECO provided by the Anonymous source:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/Ar...MM01282001a.jpg

The articles that discusses this ECo:
http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com/2007/...e-mechanic.html
http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com/2007/...one-update.html
http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com/2007/...ssue-redux.html

Can anyone verify this as being authentic? And provide some type of meaning to it?

Now, since Im not an egineer, another person purporting to be an AA employee, provided a better explanation of the ECO above:
AA 77 Airfones, the Final Story

Can anyone verify the claims of the person in the last link?

The above "no airphones" claim is being used by the Pilots For Truth Website, which is hosted and run by a former commercial pilot, Rob Basalmo. He has also backed other whacky 911 conspiracy theories, but this one, he is clinging onto, and wont back down from.

Seeing as Im tired of hearing the bs theories about 9/11, this one just needs to be "debunked" once an for all. So this goes out to all the engineers and mechanics that work for American Airlines; as these conspiracists, are alluding that your company was involved in the plan and execution of the events of 9/11/2001

Yes it is a conspiracy. I have first hand knowledge that all the cell phone calls where altered. On Sept. 11 at 2:00am I was abducted by beings not of this world. These flat footed green men altered those cell phone conversations. They told me that when a cell phone is used in flight the three landing gears act as a heterodyne yagi antenna which allows them to capture the digital signal and process the signal into a 429 bus language then relaying it to the nearest ground antenna. I will give my detailed account of what I heard and saw after I finish my second bottle of wine...........

Yes it is a conspiracy. I have first hand knowledge that all the cell phone calls where altered. On Sept. 11 at 2:00am I was abducted by beings not of this world. These flat footed green men altered those cell phone conversations. They told me that when a cell phone is used in flight the three landing gears act as a heterodyne yagi antenna which allows them to capture the digital signal and process the signal into a 429 bus language then relaying it to the nearest ground antenna. I will give my detailed account of what I heard and saw after I finish my second bottle of wine...........

I was ok that day. I was wearing my foil hat. :blink:

Trust me when I say, that "would'nt put ANYTHING past this administation"(think IRAQ/NO WMD etc) I do think it Impossible to "duplicate the MANY voice conversations made FROM the on board Victims, to loved ones on "terra firma".

Those same green men were after me too. I scared them off with my gamma ray cannon. By the way, a cell phone signal is line of sight. If a cell phone can see the tower, it will work. 5 miles line of sight is nothing. That is Electronics 101.

Those same green men were after me too. I scared them off with my gamma ray cannon. By the way, a cell phone signal is line of sight. If a cell phone can see the tower, it will work. 5 miles line of sight is nothing. That is Electronics 101.

(Special Agent?) annie, everyone knows cell phones work at 50,000 feet, Todd Beamer said "lets roll," and jet fuel can melt structural steel. Oh yeah, and we are in Iraq to bring them democracy. Stop being a conspiracy nut! :rolleyes:

As someone who has accidentally left his on during a flight, I can attest that cell phones do work at lower altitudes. Arriving into LAX, I received about four or five text messages while we were passing over Indio/Palm Desert. Don't know what altitude that was, but I'll guess it was higher than 10,000 ft since we still had about 25-30 minutes to go before landing, and still had to pass over mountains.

My boss uses his all the time while flying his Beech twin, as do lots of GA pilots.

Latest posts