Mechanics will vote for representation

Boof,
If the iam dressed someone in a white apron and hat, and had him serve you s.o.s, and they told you it was prime rib. You would come on this board and tell everyone how a union chef cooked you up the best prime rib you ever had.
Your loyalty is almost comendable.

Almost!! :D

good choice!
if more are liked minded as you,as i have indicated before...you will be on your way to being de-certified and without a union or contract.
good choice. :up:
And what the hell difference would a contract versus non contract mean in today world, WHAT!

Funny just a few hours ago I had a guy repair my windshield for a stone chip, his little side business. We were talking and low and behold we do the same thing for a living, he works for a BIG steel roll maker around this area which is unionized, that means he has to pay UNION DUES. When he found out I make $6 more and hour than he does doing the same thing and don't pay unions dues, this guy surprised me by NOT being surprised. Seems we share the same ideologies realizing that unions are a deterrent in today’s world instead of what they were conceived to be. They are now a lightning rod for corporate America to do away with, which is happening fast and with no mercy. Unions are powerless, completely and totally powerless.

Now the funny thing is this fact. IF the unions had a membership full of 700's, then they would actually have some teeth to bite back with, but as they stand, they are falling like demons into a hell hole because of the membership’s refusal to do anything except bend over at corporate America’s beck and call.

She-people is what the membership is today and we are all seeing the results and why unions are a waste of your hard earned money, as they stand.

It would mean a lot.

It means when a company has to adhere to the CBA and cant change things as they please without consequences.

It means they have to follow the laws then they go to bankruptcy and not make unilateral changes.

You dont have to pay union dues unless there is a union security clause. You dont have to join a union unless it is a closed shop, then you can choose to become a dues objector and only pay for what is germane to the CBA.

That is the 2% match, do you realize if they did that you would be getting a multiplier of around $78.

Do you realize Fleet did that and they have a much higher benefit then you now?

Currently AWA matches 50% of upto 6% of your contribution for non-union non-management employees. Are you saying post merger this amount will be reduced?

It would mean a lot.

It means when a company has to adhere to the CBA and cant change things as they please without consequences.

It means they have to follow the laws then they go to bankruptcy and not make unilateral changes.

You dont have to pay union dues unless there is a union security clause. You dont have to join a union unless it is a closed shop, then you can choose to become a dues objector and only pay for what is germane to the CBA.
In todays world a company goes into BK and gets what they want from a judge, labor still loses.

Yes for the most part but at least their is a process for them to have a voice and try to negotiate to lessen the impact, but non-union workers have no say and no choice in what happens.

Yes for the most part but at least their is a process for them to have a voice and try to negotiate to lessen the impact, but non-union workers have no say and no choice in what happens.
But for all reality has that really changed anything but for a time line when the company get what it wants.

But for all reality has that really changed anything but for a time line when the company get what it wants.
Corporate America is getting away with murder in BK court and the unions are letting them by being passive. The extremes that corporate America is going to crush labor require an equal force opposing these actions, which simply are NOT there because everyone is afraid to stick out their own personal necks. Unless and until the working class wakes up and comes together in absolute total solidarity, until such time being a union member gives you one thing and one thing only, a tax deduction which will probably be taken away too.

Division equals weakness and union makes strength, but there is no union in the working class, none whosoever. Everyone is fearful of the big bad wolf called corporate America so they let the "other guyâ€￾ take a stance and they sit on the side lines.

There is no strong union leadership to do what is required and rally the millions of working class together as one very powerful force to stop the exploitation, stop the outsourcing, stop the insanity people are putting up with. People are so damn afraid today that they are working 7 days a week believing that if they don't and fall behind the global competition then they will be next in the unemployment line. The working class is run by fear and not leadership, this fear is being exploited by corporate America making themselves millions and giving the ones making it possible bread crumbs and water for their blood and time scarified.

I see this as clear as a bright sunny day. The places that are doing well have a work force so afraid of an uncertain future they are working themselves to death. This is why unions were formed in the first place to stop this insanity. But instead we are reverting back to the pre-union days of hard labor 7 days a week, only at this time in history it's called "overtime". Then or now working all the time still kills you, the only thing that has changed is it's name. It's now a PC name called “overtimeâ€￾ with the same deadly effect.

Getting this union or that union to represent you means absolutely nothing if you don't have absolute solidarity, which is a term used in the past tense these days.

Funny you were not involved and not there in court, I was the union's attorneys for all labor groups fought long and hard and the bottom line is the laws favor the company and the creditors, not the employees.

The union leadership did everything they could to minimize the bleeding but when you have the rubber stamp Judge Mitchell the company knew they were going to get everything they wanted.

The membership could have rejected the final offer and voted to go on strike, the leadership does not do those things the membership does, see that is democracy. Unfortunately the membership voted to accept it and the leadership abides by that.

The bottom line is as long as the people vote for the likes of George Bush and his republican cronies there will be no changing of the laws to make bankruptcy an even playing playing field or let labor have any gains.

And I know I am going to get blasted by the right, but that is the truth.

Funny you were not involved and not there in court, I was the union's attorneys for all labor groups fought long and hard and the bottom line is the laws favor the company and the creditors, not the employees.

The union leadership did everything they could to minimize the bleeding but when you have the rubber stamp Judge Mitchell the company knew they were going to get everything they wanted.

The membership could have rejected the final offer and voted to go on strike, the leadership does not do those things the membership does, see that is democracy. Unfortunately the membership voted to accept it and the leadership abides by that.

The bottom line is as long as the people vote for the likes of George Bush and his republican cronies there will be no changing of the laws to make bankruptcy an even playing playing field or let labor have any gains.

And I know I am going to get blasted by the right, but that is the truth.

DITTO...but why wait. Do something that is unheard of, REBEL and get their attention instead of playing by THIER rules.

Well it is against the law.

Go ask the AA Pilots what the courts did to them?

UAL And NWA M&R both had injunctions slapped against them for disobeying the status quo.

Bottom line is the membership is weak and does not care anymore.

Bottom line is the membership is weak and does not care anymore.
We Finally Agree.

Like I have said, I am NOT anti union but hate what they are accomplishing today, nothing but capitulation, never ending capitulation. IF every single man women and union stood side by side, they would have no choice but to deal with the working class rationally for a change.

I read what the iam plans on doing with my 401k
http://www.iamdl142.org/us11_15_05-01.htm

And have had my weekend bothered with the ibt phone call to my house.

I have made up my mind if a election were to take place.
Both have Guaranteed that i will not vote at all, if the only choice i have is between the iam-ibt.

You will not vote at all yet neither side will get your vote. How is this possible, if you do not vote that will actually be a yes vote for the IAM if I am not mistaken so can you please explain how you plan to do this?

I read what the iam plans on doing with my 401k
http://www.iamdl142.org/us11_15_05-01.htm

And have had my weekend bothered with the ibt phone call to my house.

I have made up my mind if a election were to take place.
Both have Guaranteed that i will not vote at all, if the only choice i have is between the iam-ibt.

If you don't vote then you may lose your 401K all together av60. No matter how bad anyone thinks the unions are, they are better than no union.

I am willing to bet that you were never involved with the union at all. :)

Back