Merger talks could resune in 2009

ive heard rumors that either UAL or AA might try for US because they want/need something from us an dwe need something from them

ive heard rumors that either UAL or AA might try for US because they want/need something from us an dwe need something from them

It looks like UA and CO are strengthening their code share. That would seem to indicate a US-UA merger is not in the cards. AA has not seemed too anxious to merge with anyone.

such as what? I didn't think we could get more dysfunctional........
true but from what one guy told me was that he had read via google that AA wants US Shuttle, caribbean, not that they dont have it anyways, east coast. i am not so sure though and as you said us mgmt is dysfunctional

true but from what one guy told me was that he had read via google that AA wants US Shuttle, caribbean, not that they dont have it anyways, east coast. i am not so sure though and as you said us mgmt is dysfunctional

AA wants the shuttle slots/gates. They don't care about US' caribbean ops. They don't want people or planes.

Jeez people, get with the times:

US AIRWAYS Announces Plans to Acquire USAF, NASA

H. Sprauge-Dawley, The Arizona Republic

US Airways (LCC) confirmed this week industry rumors suggesting a proposed acquisition of both the United States Air Force and NASA.

“After having learned valuable lessons from our successful merging between HP and US and our unsuccessful bid to merge with Delta, we decided that it would be prudent to then propose an entirely new type of acquisition.†explained US Airways CEO Doug Parker in a statement released Monday. “Having solidified our reputation as a ground breaker, we’ve decided to continue forging new paths and abusing more clichés now that we have a solid record of profitability and operational know-how.â€

“Specifically, we’re interested in the Air Force’s capability to inspire competition on a global level and NASA in order to expand our operations beyond Earth in a shameless grab for power and human blood, my thirst for which is nearly insatiable†added Parker. “In fact, with the resources that would be available to us, we could literally level the playing field, and make Delta wish they’d never turned me down!â€

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill expressed mixed reactions to US Airways’ proclaimed interests: “What are the opinion polls saying?†asked a hurried Sen. McCain (R-AZ), “I’m for whatever the polls say.â€

“I for one am shocked and appalled at the brash an irresponsible actions of any individual or entity that has not contributed to my campaign or political party.†said Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).

“Who’s going to complain about lost baggage? Do you know where your bag is, Mr. Passenger? We shot it out of a damn cannon. Because we’ll have cannonsâ€, Kirby was quoted as saying in the recent press release,
“Who will complain to the [Department of Transportation] if we have laser satellites that shoot laser beams targeted at their houses? No one, that’s who.â€

Were the acquisition to go through, the “New†New US Airways would become the largest carrier in the Solar System, with some six times the number of its largest competitor, the most unholy Northwelta.
“Once the DougStar becomes operational we shall become the ultimate power in the universe. There will be no one to stop us this time!â€

US Airways’ initial offer of $6.8 billion in cash, eleventy-billion in stock, and several trillion dollars worth of dreams and promises has met with some skepticism. “United is offering us all that for the bombers alone. They really have to bring it up.†said a government official, speaking anonymously.

af.jpg

OK, now that's hysterical! :up: :up: :up:

I've sent it to my nephew who is a test pilot at Nellis AFB at Las Vegas. He will be thrilled to know that he is to be a part of the US Airways family.

Back