Mesa Layoffs in PHX

Just got word that LOTS of Executives have been laid off... Paul Skellon (VP of Corp Comm), Matt Hand (Director of SOC), Mickey Moman (forgot title), Allen Lawry (Training exec), Rodena Turner (VP of Contracts), Donna Buckingham (just below CIO), Kevin Alexander (Dir of Rev Accounting/Interline), and 1/2 of IT and a few others were walked out on Tuesday.

This joins the wiped out Planning Department, who all quit due to the Hawaiian/Aloha lawsuits.

I'm hearing 100 CSA/Rampers in PHX are next, along with 100 of the most junior pilots.

Oh, they also hired Paul Foley.

JO and Lotz are still running the show, however.

Mesa has a southern maintenace base and when you talk to all the mechanics that fly around the system to work on airplanes, its doom and gloom. One mechanic told me Mesa is putting all their money in GO, and leaving US operation to the dogs. When the VP of Express operations asked what would US do if Mesa declared bankrupsy, his comment, " BUY CAKE AND ICE CREAM" So I bet US has an alternate plan in place if Mesa goes under. Mesa runs alot of stations in the WEST.

Mesa has a southern maintenace base and when you talk to all the mechanics that fly around the system to work on airplanes, its doom and gloom. One mechanic told me Mesa is putting all their money in GO, and leaving US operation to the dogs. When the VP of Express operations asked what would US do if Mesa declared bankrupsy, his comment, " BUY CAKE AND ICE CREAM" So I bet US has an alternate plan in place if Mesa goes under. Mesa runs alot of stations in the WEST.

PLEASE TELL ME THEY SACKED BILL LESCHORN :)

yeah cake and ice cream all around!!! party party party!!!!!!!!!!! :up:

If they go under he had better get cake and ice cream for the ENTIRE us airways airline!!!!

BURN MOTHER :censored: BURN!!!! all of us here at US AIRWAYS HATE YOU!!!!

However , with remorse i must admit that i'm no longer as glee full at the thought of express going under , there are one or two people i like from over there , and to be really honest , even though i hate and despise their f-ing company ... i don't want to see all those people lose their jobs ... but still , i'm torn ..

They still seem to be churning out new-hires on the ramp in PHX, although this may be because they laid off a lot of their part-time people. Still, with go! being re-branded it is sorta starting to look like a cozy little lifeboat company for those fools.

Delta's trying to kick them to the curb and United may not renew their contract with Mesa. From what I've heard, US does have a contingency plan should Mesa suddenly cease operations, but it would take a few days to put together. In the longer term, US might be looking to replace Mesa with Republic in the West, but this all remains to be seen.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mesa go since it's more of a cancer than a business, but I do feel sorry for a lot of the hard working people they have here that would be out of a job (but only as sorry as you can for someone who voluntarily stays in an abusive, dysfunctional relationship). It seems to me that there is a core of very dedicated but exhausted group of individuals that keeps Mesa operating; they and an eternal army of new hires (two week wonders). I would hope that if worse came to worse mainline would be able to accommodate those people.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mesa go since it's more of a cancer than a business, but I do feel sorry for a lot of the hard working people they have here that would be out of a job (but only as sorry as you can for someone who voluntarily stays in an abusive, dysfunctional relationship). It seems to me that there is a core of very dedicated but exhausted group of individuals that keeps Mesa operating; they and an eternal army of new hires (two week wonders). I would hope that if worse came to worse mainline would be able to accommodate those people.

No need to feel sorry for the company anymore. Mesa decided to fire and layoff nearly all of their hardest workers. We're talking people who were acting supervisors and ran entire ramps and planes on their own. They fired people who ran the international gate single-handedly. No, I no longer see a reason to feel sorry for the company. They waste their resources on training people who will quit in less than a month and then fire their most dedicated/hard-working employees. Adios Mesa. I'll be glad to see you go.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about PHX here.

Latest posts