Mesa Wants 737s For East Coast

This can't be good for any of us. What's next? Eagle flying Super 80s in and out of DFW? Northwest Airlink flying DC-9s around? Is it going to get to the point that nothing with less that 150 seats is going to be flown by mainline? How did we ever get to this point? This industry gets worse by the day. :angry:

Hey Chip,

How does the potential of outsourcing your jobs feel now?

PineyBob Posted on Mar 2 2004, 01:36 AM
Mesa Air Group couldn't organize a one car funeral. I flew them today you should see their groud support. They can't support an EMB145, how on God's earth can they support a 737?

I don't think it matters to the paying public at large. Whoever sells the cheapest ticket, gets the customer. (besides, folks love to complain....this will be the payload ;) )

Bob,

Airways has never cared about the performance of MESA. SInce they have become a provider of service to airways they have never provided quality service and have always ranked at the botom of the pile as far as reliability and quality of service it is all about the low cost. One can only hope that there pilot group will see to it that JO has to sell a few motorcycles to help pay for the pay and workrule increases that the pilot group deserves.

PineyBob said:
Mesa Air Group couldn't organize a one car funeral. I flew them today you should see their groud support. They can't support an EMB145, how on God's earth can they support a 737?
With their dependability record? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember what Mesa stands for: Maintenace Every Single Airplane......

Fly said:
I don't think it matters to the paying public at large. Whoever sells the cheapest ticket, gets the customer. (besides, folks love to complain....this will be the payload ;) )
That's only partially true. Sure, there's a subset of the population that doesn't fly enough to recognize any differentiation among the airlines, and is therefore extremely price conscious. There's also a segment of the population (a more profitable segment, at that) that would fly such an airline once, maybe twice, and then give up because getting to the destination in a somewhat predictable fashion has enough value to offset a difference in fares.

The 737-300/-400 series aircraft will be painted in Freedom Airlines colors. Our favorite pilots union better play their cards just right on this one...... :unsure:

super80fa said:
Is it going to get to the point that nothing with less that 150 seats is going to be flown by mainline? How did we ever get to this point? This industry gets worse by the day. :angry:
After reading the release, I'd say that Mesa will operate independently and not for U. They already do this out of ABQ so why can't the operate somewhere where competition exists?

The only jobs that would be taken are those lost to competition, not to feeders in this instance.

Hello Newman said:
With their dependability record? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember what Mesa stands for: Maintenace Every Single Airplane......
Interesting that Brian Davis, Former US Airways Director of Maintenance Q & A is the head honcho for Mesa Maintenance

Sure was nice of US Airways and Mesa's other major-airline partners to fund Mesa's growth into a formidable competitor.

:blink:

Maybe if US Airways had grown its own wholly-owned regionals (of which it had complete control) rather than outsourcing flying to the lowest bidder that was willing to paint a flag on the tail of their airplanes there would be one less competitor on the east coast.

Unfortunately the major airlines are so interested in throwing money at the lowest bidder rather than actually taking OWNERSHIP of their product that airlines such as Mesa, Chautauqua, Skywest and, most notably, Atlantic Coast quietly build a strong enough base to ultimately form their own airline -- feed themselves, and then compete with the airline helped to create them.

I'm going to buy stock in vaseline. I've got a feeling ALPA's going to be buying a truckload to distribute to its membership.

PineyBob said:
Sorry Piney,

If you want to blame Mesa's poor ground support on the East Coast, blame one of the Wholly Owns. THEY run it. Not Mesa.

Not that facts matter to you folks. Right, LightYears?

the turtle said:
Sorry Piney,

If you want to blame Mesa's poor ground support on the East Coast, blame one of the Wholly Owns. THEY run it. Not Mesa.

Not that facts matter to you folks. Right, LightYears?
Mesa does indeed operate some of the East Coast stations, perhaps Facts don't matter to you, Mr. Mesa Turtle.

Mesa is the pox of the Industry, Mr. Turtle, and you are part of that pox.

Unfortunately, ALPA is also the pox of the industry. Thereby, permitting you and your brethren to bottom feed your way to, well, the top of the bottom.

As JO makes this announcement, the AAA MEC is working on giving further Scope relief to allow the likes of MESA and Chautauqua to operate even more 70 Seaters. When will it occur that if they do not draw a line in the sand, the sand will suck them under. Davey Boy is not here to help US Airways survive, he's here to hook up his buddy Johnny. :down:

Mesa operating 737-300s on the East Coast. Bye, Bye US Airways! :up:

Back