Midatlantic Bases Questionne

atlantis

Mar 17, 2004
so midatlatnic is opening up a new crew base at philly and then i heard that they are going to also open one up at reagan washington dc.
so is their any news weather or not they are goingt to open a crew base up in charlotte soon. why did they pick washington before opening up on in charlotte first. when is this one going to open up in washington. does any body know this.
another think i wonder is when are they going to start hiring express flight attednants. how many more months before this happens. thanks.

ringmaruf said:
They currently don't even fly to CLT. Not much sense in opening up a crew base there. :)

They begin flying from CLT in September, with service to BUF, RIC, IAH, EWR, ORF.
Your information is not correct.

MidAtlantic has been flying in and out of CLT for over a month with Saturday only flights from MCI-CLT-ATL parking on C-6. And more flights were suppose to have been added on July 6th, I believe MSP was the additional flying.

I was told that CLT was not very likely in the near term because PSA was going to concentrate their 70 seaters there. Of course, the final disposition of the 70 seat issue at PSA is not yet determined and the outcome could change this. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

algflyr said:
I was told that CLT was not very likely in the near term because PSA was going to concentrate their 70 seaters there. Of course, the final disposition of the 70 seat issue at PSA is not yet determined and the outcome could change this. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...
mesa was looking for mech's at clt also.i'd imagine they are going to increase their presence too.
funny they put all these flights in clt when clt and pit were on the bottom of the list for O&D traffic.

I highly doubt you will see MAA establish a crew base in CLT. Too much MESA and Piedmont flying there. I bet over time you will also see the PIT MAA crew base go bye-bye in favor of PHL/DCA and possibly some other base like LGA or BOS.
I have no facts to back what I say, just a hunch and I have been around long enough to know better. Of course I suppose MAA really all depends upon Mainline's survival.

Latest posts