Midwest Express Shopping For Maint

desertfox

Advanced
Sep 13, 2002
Midwest Express is shopping for outsourcing heavy maint. on their 13 MD-80s. The news report said they were considering 4 firms all of which had experience on MD-80 work. Anyone know if AA is in the hunt on this contract??

desertfox said:
Midwest Express is shopping for outsourcing heavy maint. on their 13 MD-80s. The news report said they were considering 4 firms all of which had experience on MD-80 work. Anyone know if AA is in the hunt on this contract??
[post="195522"][/post]​

I would like to inform you of what we are accomplishing in this area, but I would suggest that you contact the TUL VP of Maintenance. I would not want to suggest something that might change.

One of the conditions AA has for keeping MCI open was to find opportunities of this nature. This could be a start...although, 13 planes is not much to keep a base open with. In addition, it would seem that the 13 planes are probably on their way out thus this is not the best long term opportunity...

<_< Flyhigh----- What you say may be true, but let me point out that if it saves one persons job, even short term, it's worth going after. Also I believe Midwest Express flys 717's! It just so happens they'de have a trained work force here at MCI, if the need should arrise!!!

Back