Minimum Wage Bill Dead

southwind said:
At what point does a company, especially a small one, decide, after "Eating" the higher cost of labor, that the profit has shrunken to the point that its not worth staying in business any longer?
Read his statement and my question again. He said he would pass the cost on. My question was if his competition would do the same. If they are currently priced the same and they don't increase their prices then xUT will loose business. If they all increase then everyone has to pay higher prices.

Try to keep in mind not all companies have minimum wage employees.

If his competition's employees are already at a higher rate, they won't need to raise prices.

Costco doesn't pay minimum wage. They won't have to increase prices per se, but I suspect a few of their suppliers will be pinched, which means their costs get passed on to Costco's customers.

Valid point.  I was looking at it from a all things being equal POV.  Assuming similar businesses will have similar employee structures.  Cheapest product is going to get the business.

Ready...Aim...raising minimum wage is yet another way to get rid of the middle class. Most employers don't adhere to it and do offer above minimum wages. Raising MW will force those that pay above MW to cut costs, which eventually will bring those in higher wages competing with minimum wage. Don't get it? We are becoming a third world nation!

signals said:
Ready...Aim...raising minimum wage is yet another way to get rid of the middle class. Most employers don't adhere to it and do offer above minimum wages. Raising MW will force those that pay above MW to cut costs, which eventually will bring those in higher wages competing with minimum wage. Don't get it? We are becoming a third world nation!

As usual, you don't know W T F your talking about.

Case in point.
City of SEA is very soon going TO make it a law to pay a  $ 15.  Minimum wage.
Fast food workers getting ready for a nation wide STRIKE for  $ 15. (Not saying they're gonna get $15, but the wage IS Going to go  U P.)
Guys like 'Mittens' Romney on board with a High M-W.
The M-W thing is like a snowball that's already underway, that the GOP WILL get Crushed by if they don't smarten up, and Very SOON.
The US hourly worker is FED UP Big Time with the two tier Capitalistic system, and want the Middle Class restored pronto.

YOU say we're headed to a 'third world' direction like Bangladesh or Mexico.
I say we're headed more towards a Norway/Sweden/Belgium/Switzerland/Finland/Germany/Denmark/Netherlands/Canada.  Last time i checked, ...my noted countries were on the top of the "10 happiest countries" list.

And don't any of you staunch Capitalists have a HEART Attack, but I agree with eolesen when he says....... that once the 'SNOW BALL" becomes unstopable,  things like More automation will become inevitable, to which I say,...FINE, bring it on  !
Can a ..fast food Union be far behind for starters for the Big-Boys (Mickey D's, and the 'King' ) ?
Methinks NOT !!

ALL these Fat-Cat BAS-TARDS sitting in thier board rooms high fiving each other as Profits soar to new heights, and hourly wages reamain STAGNANT year after year,............seem to have forgotten a..Proven (many times) theory.  NO, it's not..."What goes around comes around"
It's........"For every action, there's an EQUAL and OPPOSITE... R E A C T I O N "

I LOVE 'this stuff'  !!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  !!!

I guess you'll stand in line for your next tasty weiner for an hour and a half when the hot dog stand cuts his workers to deal with the new national marxist wage format.

Now what happens to those already between 10-15 ?

How about we bring all the others like you down to this fifteen buck wage and everybody will be happy.

You can't see this is all an attempt at eliminating the middle class?

Read up on Marxism and a national wage.

I say we're headed more towards a Norway/Sweden/Belgium/Switzerland/Finland/Germany/Denmark/Netherlands/Canada.  Last time i checked, ...my noted countries were on the top of the "10 happiest countries" list.

LOL and closest to collapsing...

The good news is that with Bears' new job, he's authorized to sit on his ass at work.

At some point, Amtrak will replace his ass with an ATM-like ticket vending machine, which just about every other commuter railroad seems to have done, as have the railroads in the UK, Germany, Japan, China, France, etc....

Drove past several fast food places on the drive into work today. Didn't see any picket lines, and nobody was missing from my McDonalds stop (gotta have their burritos in the morning...).

Now think: 15 Now. That’s the slogan of a group of far-left activists who are pushing Seattle to force a 61 percent wage increase — yes, that’s the kind of shock to the system it would be — on everyone next year but a select group of small businesses and nonprofits.
If Seattle’s publicly owned electric utility suddenly announced a 61 percent rate increase on every household, people would be marching in the streets. In recent months, a host of restaurateurs, servers, nonprofit groups — self-professed progressives all — have come out against the rush into a blanket $15 wage. In a state that already has the nation’s highest minimum wage, at $9.32 an hour, these people favor giving the lowest workers a raise, just not the blunt application of the $15 figure.
Immigrants would be the first to lose their jobs under such a mandate, and many family restaurants would be forced to close, Asian and Latino business owners wrote in a recent letter to Mayor Ed Murray of Seattle. “As small business owners within the immigrant community, we act as job, language and social training centers for many new immigrants,” the group’s letter stated. “We forgo our own pay to make payroll.” One consequence of a $15 mandate could be the relocation of entire immigrant communities to neighboring cities.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/25/opinion/egan-how-to-kill-the-minimum-wage-movement.html?_r=0

10252076_10152093493415669_6523376252330740946_n.jpg

There should be no Federal minumum wage, we are a Republic, let the States decide what they want to do.

So why dont you just eliminate any protections for workers and go back to Master and Servant or Indentured Servitude?

Back