Mohawk Airlines heritage jet

flyJOE

Advanced
Oct 26, 2005
Concord, NC (former PHL)
So we have heritage jets for AL, PS, PI, and HP, but none for Mohawk, as has been discussed here in the past. I put together a model of my own Mohawk Heritage jet.

The Mohawk decals came from an Airfix 1/144 BAC 1-11 model and they were put on a Heller A-320 model. I couldn't find an A-319 model at the time that would work, but hey the AL, PI, and PS heritage jets came out of the paint shop wrong the first time, so this can be a little in accurate too.

I wasn't thrilled with the quality of the Heller model as the fuselage had to have lot of painting from the top to bottom, white, black, gold, black, and grey, but the Mohawk Chief logo looks great! I wasn't able to find decals for the US Airways wordmark and logo. All decals on the market now are made white to go over the dark blue paint. I'm going to put this up on ebay if your interested.

Maybe one day we'll see one these in the sky!

Mohawk_2.jpgMohawk_1.jpg

You got my vote! Bring back the Gold and Black. The Mohawk / Allegheny merger doubled the size of Allegheny. We should be recognized for that.

Mohawk had the best C/O hats. Thunder storms on the brim with lighting bolts blazing out. What a great hat, Airline of the CHIEF'S! And from a very small town way up in up-state New York. By the way, Mohawk was the first reagional airline to operate a true jet. The one and only BAC-111. Radar on the C/O side, one DME, nose wheel stearing on both sides, and a cockpit layout only the Brits could come up with. Still, a great A/C to fly. The ROCKET!

So we have heritage jets for AL, PS, PI, and HP, but none for Mohawk, as has been discussed here in the past. I put together a model of my own Mohawk Heritage jet.

The Mohawk decals came from an Airfix 1/144 BAC 1-11 model and they were put on a Heller A-320 model. I couldn't find an A-319 model at the time that would work, but hey the AL, PI, and PS heritage jets came out of the paint shop wrong the first time, so this can be a little in accurate too.

I wasn't thrilled with the quality of the Heller model as the fuselage had to have lot of painting from the top to bottom, white, black, gold, black, and grey, but the Mohawk Chief logo looks great! I wasn't able to find decals for the US Airways wordmark and logo. All decals on the market now are made white to go over the dark blue paint. I'm going to put this up on ebay if your interested.

Maybe one day we'll see one these in the sky!

View attachment 5236View attachment 5237
Very nice indeed.....would LOVE to see this added to the "Heritage LineUP" (along w/ a Lake Central and TRUMP, if the Donald would allow the use of his Name which is doubtful though). The Mohawk livery is very eye catching.

If Mohawk has one (retro scheme), then so should 'Mohawk II": Empire.
Empire's pre-PI merger route structure is 'deja vu' to Mohawk's in the '60s.

Back