Muslims threaten boycott

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...EWS05/701170340

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...PDATE/701170462

Al-Qazwini was in a group of about 40 pilgrims who were prevented from boarding a connecting flight in Germany to Detroit on Jan. 7 while returning from a trip to holy cities in Saudi Arabia. The Muslim group, most of whom are Lebanese-American Shi'ites, held a news conference Tuesday at the Dearborn mosque to describe what they say happened to them. They called for Northwest to apologize, compensate them, and discipline the employees they said profiled them.

"Otherwise," Al-Qazwini said, "if Northwest will not do that, then probably we have to call all Muslim organizations to encourage Muslims from not flying on Northwest."

With tens of thousands of Muslim customers, Northwest could be hurt financially by such a boycott, Al-Qazwini suggested, adding that "I hope Northwest will be wiser."

sounds like another usairways incident but still whatever the problem occured it was done for the safety of the crew most likely

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...EWS05/701170340

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...PDATE/701170462

Al-Qazwini was in a group of about 40 pilgrims who were prevented from boarding a connecting flight in Germany to Detroit on Jan. 7 while returning from a trip to holy cities in Saudi Arabia. The Muslim group, most of whom are Lebanese-American Shi'ites, held a news conference Tuesday at the Dearborn mosque to describe what they say happened to them. They called for Northwest to apologize, compensate them, and discipline the employees they said profiled them.

"Otherwise," Al-Qazwini said, "if Northwest will not do that, then probably we have to call all Muslim organizations to encourage Muslims from not flying on Northwest."

With tens of thousands of Muslim customers, Northwest could be hurt financially by such a boycott, Al-Qazwini suggested, adding that "I hope Northwest will be wiser."

I don't see this as a negative.
Heck, this could be a selling point :p

B) UT

story here

NWA to pay, offer apology to Muslims denied boarding
Northwest Airlines will offer an apology and compensation to a group of 40 Muslims who said they were turned away from a U.S.-bound plane in Germany.

The group had arrived early enough for the flight but was denied boarding on the grounds that they were too late, according to the rights group. Northwest spokesman Dean Breest said the flight already had been closed to passengers when the group reached the gate.

Eagan-based Northwest is taking the matter "very seriously," Breest said. The carrier will cover any flight rebooking fees incurred as the travelers returned to the United States, he said. Talks about reimbursement for hotel costs are ongoing, he said.

The incident occurred after the group arrived in Frankfurt on a charter flight from Saudi Arabia, Breest said.

Northwest didn't have a passenger and baggage handling agreement with the charter company, which meant that the airline didn't know the passengers were coming, he said.

The men had to clear German security, delaying their arrival at Northwest's gate, and their bags hadn't been checked through to Detroit, Breest said.

The men were flown on the next available flights to Detroit, he added.

Looks like they're still using the airlines to terrorize America.

And America is allowing it.

By running late for a flight? I guess that applies to a number of Americans changing planes here in the US as well.

Muslim boycott= now safe to fly= more revenue without potential terrorists.

They should don't speak up when their "brethren" are blowing up humans in the name of religion.

They should don't speak up when their "brethren" are blowing up humans in the name of religion.

==========================================================

Redbone, to a "certain" point, you're correct.

But I'm trying to look at this from an " open minded perspective".

(just for the record, I commuted to work on public transportation, with a Magnificent lady(F/A), in BOS, who I knew fairly well, who Sacrificed BIG TIME for AA, on 9/11 !

Since Dearborn Michigan is the Biggest Muslim US community, and NW(DTW) is that groups carrier of choice, it's not out of "reasoning" for NW to try to smooth this over, as ANY carrier would do, with a good customer.

Though I can't prove it, I'd Argue that DTW would be the least likely US city/airport, to experience a terrorist attack.

????????

NH/BB's

Wow, what a brillant statement. A terrorist planning an attack, would go "oh darn all ready to do the deed. Now I cant because of this stupid boycott."

Wow, what a brillant statement. A terrorist planning an attack, would go "oh darn all ready to do the deed. Now I cant because of this stupid boycott."

Wow, brilliant you ain't. Like they would choose an airline where they would stand out BECAUSE of a boycott.

That makes a lot of brilliant sense.

You mean the one who would say "oh darn, I'll stand out even more because of this stupid boycott, better choose another one instead where I'll blend in."

Back